• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Story Trailer leaks on Xbox360 preview dashboard / Release 05.27.14

because why not, E3 2012 vs March 2014

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

Damn...Still going to get it.

960p? Very strange resolution.
Not that strange. The 32MB of eSRAM on Xbox One aren't enough for 1080p native resolutions so in order to store every buffer on it you can rely on tiling or, if you don't want to lose a lot of time in optimizations, on a smaller frambuffer that can be fully stored on that pool of memory.

The weird thing is I played it in August on a high end pc but it did look like the E3 2012 demo, played it with my own hands and it really looked like the original.

Are we sure new footage is not just "last gen" footage?

Hydrargyrus

7 Months of delay and that huge downgrade... How can Ubisoft work always this way?

I can't even imagine how messy could the game be in november.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I thought the trailer looked and made the game seem awful. Murdered wife revenge story is so trite. It's not even trying.

AmyS

Other than knowing the game exists, I had not payed any attention to Watch Dogs until a few days ago and I didn't realize til now that it takes place in my home town.

Tn8nVWW.png

Not expecting a "GTA Chicago" game to ever happen, but this looks like the next best thing.

Muffdraul

How does this work?

The current gen version is the lead version. They develop that first, and then they dumb it down to make the last gen version. (It's the opposite situation as AC4, where they started with the last gen version and then tarted it up for next gen.) In a perfect world, the only thing they would have to dumb down is things like texture maps and specular highlighting. But when they push things too far in the current gen version, they can back themselves into a corner where the last gen version simply can't get anywhere reasonably close to it... so they have to dumb the current version down to bring them into comparable range. They have to start cutting geometry, dynamic animation routines, A.I. algorithms, etc.

Just a theory, of course.

The girl with the tats, is her voice different from the last trailer? She has a distinct accent now.

And the main bad guy is a human trafficker, I guess. Or is there a massive Person of Interest-esque conspiracy?

We can change our clothes, right? I want to make Pearce look... badass, and what he wears now looks silly and Unabomber-esque.

I'll either go Man in the Suit or Motorcycle Reese exclusively if I can:

viveks86

The girl with the tats, is her voice different from the last trailer? She has a distinct accent now.

And the main bad guy is a human trafficker, I guess. Or is there a massive Person of Interest-esque conspiracy?

We can change our clothes, right? I want to make Pearce look... badass, and what he wears now looks silly and Unabomber-esque.

I'll either go Man in the Suit or Motorcycle Reese exclusively if I can:

Awww yiss! I would like that too. One of the previews did say that he can change clothes to lose the cops. No idea to what extent.

Are there non-lethal ways to take the cops on, outside of the baton? If I shoot someone in the knee, do they just die? Or can I sneak away from cops and never engage them?

Cause I wanna be a badass urban vigilante, but like Reese, I'm not gonna go around and wantonly murder police officers and security guards, at least, I don't want to.

viveks86

Are there non-lethal ways to take the cops on, outside of the baton? If I shoot someone in the knee, do they just die? Or can I sneak away from cops and never engage them?

Cause I wanna be a badass urban vigilante, but like Reese, I'm not gonna go around and wantonly murder police officers and security guards, at least, I don't want to.

About 95 percent of missions you can completely stealth through, or flee or chase without having to shoot," he said. "So it's really player choice-driven. There are a very few, very limited amount of missions that will force you to kill people.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/5/4798712/watch-dogs-can-be-completed-almost-entirely-through-stealth-wont

I guess that should have you covered. Don't know if you can shoot people in the knee without killing them, though I'd assume you wouldn't as long as it's one shot.

Top Bottom