• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird or Cool Box Art Thread

4000281-outcast-windows-front-cover.jpg

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I love box art, anyone who likes this kind of stuff should check out some of these books. They can be kind of expensive though on Amazon and the publisher Bitmap books are usually sold out on a lot of them.

I0UVIH2.jpg
twbn6W3.jpg
1pjK8Kd.jpg
Their website is cool. Maybe I'll grab Neo Geo and CRPG books one day. No Mega Drive/Genesis book yet though!

RagnarokIV

48326133306_92c406b380_k.jpg

Shit.

death_stranding_yoji_shinkawa_box_art_cover__full__by_jmariamellinas_ddkauls-fullview.jpg

Amazing.
Yoji is amazing at everything. We PAL territories always got his finest art for MGS games. In fact PAL had best Final Fantasy artwork too - US had awful CG renders while PAL had the minimalist and artistic covers.

PAL and JP MGS4 had Yoji - US had awful CG snake. It's a shame they bombed him out for MGSV cover art globally, part of the reason I went for the steelbook was to get Yoji's art.

Last Of Us II should have had his art instead of angry Ellie 'n blood.

except that's not the cover, that's the special edition cover (most likely quickly cobbled together last minute)

the real cover is this:
81RLS5ms2FL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
I love how both the Gears 2 and Gears 5 covers are as generic as can be for their respective times.

Gears 2 - Every shooter cover was dudes with guns staring off to the side (or occasionally straight forward if you were feeling bold) with very neutral color tone applied to the whole image.

Gears 5 - Every movie poster is a bunch of people oriented around the center axis usually with one person being the big central figure and frequently with a bold color contrast. See: Every single Marvel movie poster.

Last edited:

Fake

Yoji is amazing at everything. We PAL territories always got his finest art for MGS games. In fact PAL had best Final Fantasy artwork too - US had awful CG renders while PAL had the minimalist and artistic covers.

PAL and JP MGS4 had Yoji - US had awful CG snake. It's a shame they bombed him out for MGSV cover art globally, part of the reason I went for the steelbook was to get Yoji's art.

Last Of Us II should have had his art instead of angry Ellie 'n blood.

I don't get this western mentality of waiting every boxart to have a huge human face with x100 zoom? Why this obsession with putting their main protagonists face in boxart I'll never understand.

I like DS, but that boxart is totally shit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
a1027022404_10.jpg

Top Bottom