• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird or Cool Box Art Thread

Kdad

8f5f7d65dd3576d68f89c1a94cc8f18e.jpg
The IP MS is truly trying to secure.

cireza

I have their gameboy book and their history/encyclopedia of JRPG’s which every fan of JRPG’s need to get.

roM2bCy.jpg
BxrcQUM.jpg
Full of mistakes and inaccuracies. Walls of text that aren't that well written. Very basic layout, no surprise.

I wrote a detailed review of it with a star rating of 2/5 and understood they never publish negative reviews. Tried to send it 3 times, while being an actual buyer of the book directly from their website.

It is not difficult to claim having 100% satisfied customers when you filter out negative reviews. Their book "Go Straight" was much better. Never buying from them again.

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
Full of mistakes and inaccuracies. Walls of text that aren't that well written. Very basic layout, no surprise.

I wrote a detailed review of it with a star rating of 2/5 and understood they never publish negative reviews. Tried to send it 3 times, while being an actual buyer of the book directly from their website.

It is not difficult to claim having 100% satisfied customers when you filter out negative reviews. Their book "Go Straight" was much better. Never buying from them again.
I’ve enjoyed it so far, I’d agree it’s not the best written book but it’s still a treasure trove of JRPG’s and a lot I’ve never even heard of. You have any recommendations on other books? I like collecting and reading them.

Also…

jxJ6MTP.jpg

cireza

You have any recommendations on other books?
I haven't read a ton of video-game books, but as stated, Go Straight was excellent. Otherwise, I like official guides that are well made. I very often skim through FF trilogy, Dark Souls I/II, Sekiro and BotW guides. Not necessarily while playing the games. Future Press makes excellent guides.

Last edited:

Alebrije

I love box art, anyone who likes this kind of stuff should check out some of these books. They can be kind of expensive though on Amazon and the publisher Bitmap books are usually sold out on a lot of them.

I0UVIH2.jpg
twbn6W3.jpg
1pjK8Kd.jpg
Cool books..I posted on pass threads this one :

61qWjAax0fL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

aoaSpaceWar.jpg

Best Atari book I have found..with information about each game and the company's story.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Cool books..I posted on pass threads this one :

61qWjAax0fL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

aoaSpaceWar.jpg

Best Atari book I have found..with information about each game and the company's story.
Atari box art is so damn awesome.

Bitmap books also just released a new book. Very awesome and you get a digital copy of that book as well (well any book you buy from them). As a note though in this digital book all of the art is watermarked.

When I saw the teaser and the images for the first time, it caught my attention a lot.... And I wanted it to come to America. The good thing is that it arrived and its story is beautiful and bizarre, I have the game on PS3, PS4 limited edition and Nintendo switch.
Nice! You've got good taste. :p I only own the PS4 version of the game physically, but I'll say that I like the PS3 box art more.

Anyway, leaving the PS4 box art below to be ontopic.

hpzxcps4rwl11.jpg

ChazAshley

Gold Member
dDUAfd7.jpg

But seriously:

4106811-mario3covertemplate.jpg

Just running off the popularity of Mario - all you need is the title, the number 3 to show that it's the latest in the sreies - and the Mario with a new powerup which provokes curiosity on what new things the game has. I won't even get into the back of the box with the screenshots, showing Mario in its purest form.

Top Bottom