• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp |OT| I want you inside me on July 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
PwGTHik.jpg

Sex. Booze. Rock-n-rolll. Assassins. Feathered hair. Welcome to summer at Camp Firewood.

Release date: Season one is up on Netflix.

Spoilers: Up until August 14th, you are to spoiler tag your discussion. While also labeling the episode you are discussing. (Ex: episode 9
Brady is so dreamy in that one scene.
)

Links:
Reviews:
Cast:
V4FQH1P.jpg

Janeane Garofalo as Beth

oU3PPUs.jpg

Jason Schwartzman as Greg

cARCxL0.jpg

Paul Rudd as Andy

rKGjoVK.jpg

Marguerite Moreau as Katie

YEuAou2.jpg

Christopher Meloni as Gene

KxnlbBQ.jpg

Ken Marino as Victor Kulak

8Zf8I9k.jpg

Joe Lo Truglio as Neil

0BrnQ8C.jpg

Amy Poehler as Susie

BqhqlP6.jpg

Bradley Cooper as Ben

I02AL9K.jpg

Molly Shannon as Gail von Kleinenstein

CDPvg9C.jpg

Michael Ian Black as McKinley

NclS2Ee.jpg

Michael Showalter as Alan Shemper/Ronald Regan

7f4P50W.jpg

Zak Orth as J.J.

rSiM3eg.jpg

Elizabeth Banks as Lindsay

TLXRAt4.jpg

Kristen Wiig as Courtney

Guests:

Jon Hamm
Jordan Peele
John Slattery
Michael Cera
Josh Charles
Chris Pine
H. Jon Benjamin
Judah Friedlander
Weird Al Yankovic
David Hyde Pierce
Lake Bell
Randall Park
Paul Scheer
Randall Park
Rob Huebel
Richard Schiff
Jayma Mays

Promo photos:

Never heard of the movie or TV show until now but the trailer looks good and the cast is awesome.

Now a question: Is this a good movie to watch while high? My wife and daughter are out of town so I'm looking to get stoned tonight.

Never heard of the movie or TV show until now but the trailer looks good and the cast is awesome.

Now a question: Is this a good movie to watch while high? My wife and daughter are out of town so I'm looking to get stoned tonight.

The movie is great to watch whenever. But it only gets better on repeat viewings.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Yes. Movie is completely random and crazy. I watched it last month and loved it. Made me excited for the show.

LProtag

I wonder if they're going to write out all the prominent characters who don't show up in the movie, like Jason Schwartzman. He looks like he has a pretty large role.

I'm so excited for this.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/1...ontinues-the-comedy-on-netflix.html?referrer=

Interesting article on the original film and how it lead to the series.

Some cast members said that other stars were on set for as little as one day and that green-screen technology was sometimes used to make it appear as if two actors were in the same scene together.

In the meantime, Ms. Garofalo said she hoped the TV series would be embraced more quickly than the movie. “I don’t have that long,” she said. “I’m 50. I don’t want to wait until I’m 65 to hear about it.”

I just saw the extended trailer. This has to be one of the most star-studded line-ups for any TV show ever. The additional guest list is ridiculous on top of a main cast that went on to become some of the biggest names in Hollywood. I was smiling the whole trailer and I am super fucking pumped for this,

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I just saw the extended trailer. This has to be one of the most star-studded line-ups for any TV show ever. The additional guest list is ridiculous on top of a main cast that went on to become some of the biggest names in Hollywood. I was smiling the whole trailer and I am super fucking pumped for this,
On top of all the names we know about, there's also one super secret guest star that no one will speak about. The improv/sketch crowd has friends everywhere, all willing to play when they've got the time.

On top of all the names we know about, there's also one super secret guest star that no one will speak about. The improv/sketch crowd has friends everywhere, all willing to play when they've got the time.
Steve Martin or Bill Murray incoming?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I already have next weekend planned around this.

The movie that brought us the best training montage ever is back!

but it took from the rocky 3 training montage. i gotta admit though it uses an amazing song that would have fit right into the rocky movies.

It is pretty good, but nothing beats Rocky IV's training montage.

the GOAT. bearded rocky is best rocky. really excited to watch this series btw. jason schwartzman, kristen wiig and jon hamm especially sound like really good/obvious additions to the cast.

but it took from the rocky 3 training montage. i gotta admit though it uses an amazing song that would have fit right into the rocky movies.

the GOAT. bearded rocky is best rocky. really excited to watch this series btw. jason schwartzman, kristen wiig and jon hamm especially sound like really good/obvious additions to the cast.

My man.

I hope they utilize them well, most of the new faces are good picks but hope it they aren't just there for "hey we cast these popular funny people too!" kind of roles. Hamm can be damn funny so looking forward to seeing him.

So I saw on the Netflix browser site a flash ad last night for this that mentioned the first episode airs on the 31st, so are all 8 not going up simultaneously? Thought that was the case.

Bacon

God damn this cast is so fucking good. Very excited for this, it cracks me up that it is a prequel series.

LogicStep

Never heard of this. Saw it on the Netflix banner, guess I'll have to watch the movie before I go in on this. The movie goes by the same name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom