• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp |OT| I want you inside me on July 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'll definitely watch at least the first episode before heading off to bed. Please be good and not too ott. Movie had a good balance between the goofy gags and more dry stuff.

One more hour! My body is ready.
giphy.gif

I might as well stay up and watch the first episode then.

Demmi

Neo Member
Pretty eh first episode, but it had it's moments. Hopefully it improves from here.

Also, the cutting is way too fast for this kind of material. Totally out of step with the movie, and steps all over the timing of the actors. Feels slick for the sake of being slick... but that's probably just me.

Pretty eh first episode, but it had it's moments. Hopefully it improves from here.

Also, the cutting is way too fast for this kind of material. Totally out of step with the movie, and steps all over the timing of the actors. Feels slick for the sake of being slick... but that's probably just me.

No the pacing is definitely different, also feels like the density of gags is spaced out a lot more than the film. It certainly has some good moments though from what I've seen so far.

Kard8p3

ill be honest i wasnt feeling the first episode, but im fuckin loving it as of episode 5 lol.

Now I just need to go back and see the original...

No the pacing is definitely different, also feels like the density of gags is spaced out a lot more than the film. It certainly has some good moments though from what I've seen so far.

It definitely retains the original movie it was supposed to be. The original structure. All of the added filer seems to fall flat. Well, most of it.

ill be honest i wasnt feeling the first episode, but im fuckin loving it as of episode 5 lol.

Now I just need to go back and see the original...

Is it on Netflix? Feels like it should probably be on Netflix.

Not particularly feeling it as of the first episode. I don't mind cringe humour, and love the cast involved, but so it's like... yeah they're clearly not 17, I know that's the joke, but it surely wears off over the series?

Electro-City is amazing and feels like the real finale of the film. All the Tigerclaw stuff feels forced.

Ultimately: 8/10.

It feels like it should have been 5 instead of 8 episodes long. It retains all the humor of the original film, beat for beat, but that style of humor doesn't do well in longform.

Rootbeer

Banned
the drama class segments are not working for me at all. just, whatever humor they are going for there isn't coming through. otherwise i'm on episode 3 and really enjoying it.

Tell it! Tell it. Tell it. Tell it! Tell it. Tell it. Tell it. Tell it. Tell it! Tell it. Tell it! Tell it. Tell it. Tell it. Tell it. Tell it.

fucking best ever.
this show forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom