• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what a suprise psn is down AGAIN

• Thread starter Queen of Hunting
  • Start date

Walpurgis

Banned
Yep as far as I can remember every tuesday.
This is a new phenomenon and didn't occur last gen on the PS3. In fact, I don't even think it occurred on the PS4 until recently.
That was precisely my point. I didn't want to elaborate, because it was quite obvious from the intensity of those certain posters. They know who they are. It was an opportunity.
This isn't the first time that I have seen you accusing another poster of being an Xbox fanboy for criticising Sony. Ironically, this makes you come across as the fanboy.
All the things you are saying isn't the same for everyone. It sucks it happens for some and should be changed.

The refunds and preorders refunds seem to not affect everyone. It's strange because myself and others I know have gotten refunds but we seem to have threads that people are not getting them. It's almost like it's dependent on each rep.
It's well known that Sony has embarrassing customer support like EA. Just because things worked out for you doesn't mean that that has changed. I once ordered something by mistake and got a full refund so that was nice but that doesn't mean their customer service is like Amazon. It is very hit and miss (just like their online) and some of those misses are very large, as demonstrated by the countless threads on neogaf. People shouldn't have to stir up a shit storm on twitter to get their problems fixed. They don't do it for Amazon and Microsoft, they shouldn't have to do it for Sony.
You are not in the minority. ;)
Actually he is. I'm not speaking specifically about today's issues but there have been numerous occasions where PSN went down for EVERYONE. The only people that didn't notice were people who weren't online. There were also articles talking about the trash download speeds a few weeks back and I think they even got Sony to comment. Stop pretending like this is something affecting only a few people.

Last week, I was signed out from my PS3 and couldn't sign back in for some time. Stuff like that just didn't happen last gen. Something has happened to Sony this gen and it's not some population boom that they are having difficulty handling.

Melchiah

Actually he is. I'm not speaking specifically about today's issues but there have been numerous occasions where PSN went down for EVERYONE. The only people that didn't notice were people who weren't online. There were also articles talking about the trash download speeds a few weeks back and I think they even got Sony to comment. Stop pretending like this is something affecting only a few people.

Last week, I was signed out from my PS3 and couldn't sign back in for some time. Stuff like that just didn't happen last gen. Something has happened to Sony this gen and it's not some population boom that they are having difficulty handling.

Apart from the last holidays, I don't even remember when it was down for me the last time. And I use the PS3/4 almost on daily basis for both gaming, Netflix and YouTube. The download speeds have been good all the way from the PS4 launch, but they did slow down for few weeks recently. It definitely doesn't affect everyone.

I never sign out of either of the devices, so I haven't witnessed anything like that. I can say though, that my network experiences have been a lot better on the PS4 compared to the PS3, for both download speeds, and online gaming and services.

Kinsella

Banned
Apart from the last holidays, I don't even remember when it was down for me the last time. And I use the PS3/4 almost on daily basis for both gaming, Netflix and YouTube. The download speeds have been good all the way from the PS4 launch, but they did slow down for few weeks recently. It definitely doesn't affect everyone.

I never sign out of either of the devices, so I haven't witnessed anything like that. I can say though, that my network experiences have been a lot better on the PS4 compared to the PS3, for both download speeds, and online gaming and services.

I remember the last time it was down for an extended period. It was last week, and it was down for a few hours.

Mikey Jr.

Maybe it's a factor of several things?

1. Highest population
2. Digital downloads being more popular
3. Ps now

Dunno, just throwing things out there. All this stuff takes up bandwidth. Maybe Sony thinks the servers they have right now are "good enough"?

Ps now is probably the biggest hog. That service has to be consistently fast or its worthless while download speeds can be variable and it'll be fine. Dunno.

Shari

Can someone explain me how this "overload" theory is even possible?

How can valve manage a FREE service with downloads and multiple users running and so on and so forth and Sony struggles to even keep up basic services?

This, for a free service is plain BAD, and for a payed service is a fucking disgrace.

Winter John

It went down for me on a Tuesday the week before last for several hours, and it was down again last Friday night. I know I wasn't the only one who was affected as there were threads about it. These outages are not acceptable for a subscription service and if Sony think they can just take people's money, offer a substandard service and carry on ignoring issues like this and slow download speeds then they're in for a very rude awakening.

Melchiah

I remember the last time it was down for an extended period. It was last week, and it was down for a few hours.

Huh, it wasn't down for me last week. Netflix, YouTube, and the PSN store, news feed and sharing worked just fine. I didn't play online though, as I've played Bloodborne offline (don't care about PVP) for the past weeks. It could be, that I didn't use the system during those hours.
EDIT.2: Just remembered, that I've been playing Resogun a couple of times a week, and its online leaderboards and weekly challenges have worked fine every time.

EDIT:
It went down for me on a Tuesday the week before last for several hours, and it was down again last Friday night. I know I wasn't the only one who was affected as there were threads about it. These outages are not acceptable for a subscription service and if Sony think they can just take people's money, offer a substandard service and carry on ignoring issues like this and slow download speeds then they're in for a very rude awakening.

I don't remember what I did on tuesday, but I do remember that none of the services have been down for me. I did upload a video of Bloodborne to YouTube on friday, 5:47PM Finland.

Kinsella

Banned
Huh, it wasn't down for me last week. Netflix, YouTube, and the PSN store, news feed and sharing worked just fine. I didn't play online though, as I've played Bloodborne offline (don't care about PVP) for the past weeks. It could be, that I didn't use the system during those hours.
EDIT.2: Just remembered, that I've been playing Resogun a couple of times a week, and its online leaderboards and weekly challenges have worked fine every time.

You may not have been trying to get on, but I assure you, it was down for you. Because according to Sony's support site, it was down for everyone.

Winter John

EDIT:

I don't remember what I did on tuesday, but I do remember that none of the services have been down for me. I did upload a video of Bloodborne to YouTube on friday, 5:47PM Finland.

That's good. However it doesn't negate the frequent downtime myself and a lot of other players have experienced.

Melchiah

You may not have been trying to get on, but I assure you, it was down for you. Because according to Sony's support site, it was down for everyone.

It must have been during the hours when I haven't used the system, or have just played Bloodborne offline. When exactly was it down? It's kinda funny, that I seem to be lucky enough to avoid most of the downtime, whereas some are unlucky enough to face it constantly. ;)

EDIT:
That's good. However it doesn't negate the frequent downtime myself and a lot of other players have experienced.

And vice versa, which is why saying it applies to everyone is false.

adin75

Outside of scheduled maintenance I can't even remember the last time I was unable to login. Have found it very reliable, speeds could be improved though.

Winter John

It must have been during the hours when I haven't used the system, or have just played Bloodborne offline. When exactly was is down? It's kinda funny, that I seem to be lucky enough to avoid most of the downtime, whereas some are unlucky enough to face it constantly. ;)

EDIT:

I didn't say it applied to everyone. I said it applied to a lot of players. If it was just myself that was experiencing these down times I'd assume it was my internet, but each time it's gone down there's been a thread on here and various other sites so I know it's not just happening to me. It's now so bad we've actually gotten to the stage where people are beginning to complain about these PSN is down again threads.

Melchiah

I didn't say it applied to everyone. I said it applied to a lot of players. If it was just myself that was experiencing these down times I'd assume it was my internet, but each time it's gone down there's been a thread on here and various other sites so I know it's not just happening to me. It's now so bad we've actually gotten to the stage where people are beginning to complain about these PSN is down again threads.

No, you didn't, but my post you originally answered to, was directed to someone who said the downtime and slow download speeds affect everyone. The fact is they don't, particularly the DL speeds.

There's been few problems recently though, when the system notifies me that the LAN cable isn't connected, eventhough it is. I presume it's connected to the recent network issues I've had, where the connection cuts for all the devices I have, and I have to reset the modem. Called the ISP once, but it didn't solve anything. =/

Purest 78

It must have been during the hours when I haven't used the system, or have just played Bloodborne offline. When exactly was it down? It's kinda funny, that I seem to be lucky enough to avoid most of the downtime, whereas some are unlucky enough to face it constantly. ;)

EDIT:

99.9% of the time I go on psn I have no issues. So I must just be extremely lucky Outside of DDOS attacks, I really can't complain.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Deny? I literally had no down time So how would that be denying? How about you stop trying to convince yourself everyone had issues.

Lol when the PlayStation service checker says its down for everyone n service is offline. I dont think i need to convince myself.

thelastword

Banned
PSN is working perfectly for me, east coast.

Steam however, like always, is down for me.
Steam always works for me, but it has it's moments when it can be shaky and erratic (like any service really). I mostly play USF4 on steam and that game was so bad on the service for a year after release. It runs smoother now, but there are times matches slow down to a crawl, and it becomes awful, even now.

Steam is also a place where I get (disconnected from steam) every now and then, and of course; every time I boot up the service there's always an update available. If this was PSN having such frequent updates or if PSN has an update for that matter, you have people coming out of the woodwork stating, how they always have to update their console etc...the overreaction and hyperbole is just so ridiculous at this point. Coming into the thread to tell people you are stopping your sub because of a few moments of downtime is just downright silly.

Everytime I need to play a game online, PSN is up, everytime I need to download a game, it does so quickly. I don't need to be at the console twidlling my thumbs or watching the download bar get to completion. The last time I bough a few games, stacked them all up for download and put the system in rest mode, when I returned everything was good to go, I recently downloaded all the plus games in minutes whilst browsing some playstation live channels recently. I just believe people are being unfair here or they have specific motives in this thread.

Tbh, I do want a better PSN for myself and everyone else, everything can be improved, that much is certain, but some people will try to impress you that the other services are much better and that's not true. I get lag on XBL games just as I do PSN, they're just P2P services outside the few games with dedicated servers anyway, xbl has downtime too. Everytime a service goes down, I'm not going to throw a tantrum or rather a fake tantrum as per what I've seen displayed here. It's especially disingenuos from multi platform holders, if the PSN is down for 30 mins, then perhaps it's time to give your XB1 or your PC a swirl or some love, it's really not a big deal.

Is hyperbole the order of the day or do certain people have an agenda or may issues on their own ends? I have not read the full thread so I really don't know
Yeah, lots of hyperbole. People pretending like it's the end of the world, people talking about cancelling their sub etc..

Outside of scheduled maintenance I can't even remember the last time I was unable to login. Have found it very reliable, speeds could be improved though.

Yeah I can't remember not being able to sign in since the Xmas DDoS thing.
PSN is smooth as butter with great download speeds, which is crazy considering I'm in a weird geographic location presumably far away from any servers.

Sucks for those having issues though.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
down again dutchy here.

Store not working
party chat is working
online games do NOT work

played about 1 hour of terraria and the network kicked my friend out and me.
lost 1 hour progress

AMAZEBALLS

i could just post the standard /WHINE
but this psn is really starting to piss me off

madmackem

down again dutchy here.

Store not working
party chat is working
online games do NOT work

played about 1 hour of terraria and the network kicked my friend out and me.
lost 1 hour progress

AMAZEBALLS

i could just post the standard /WHINE
but this psn is really starting to piss me off
I've been on all morning no issues and have downloaded a few things from the store uk here.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I've been on all morning no issues and have downloaded a few things from the store uk here.

all morning NO problems at all just now.
gaming seems to work .
shop still down.
did the infamous reboot trick
still down

I got kicked out of ESO last night about 9.15pm (UK) my friends list was up but I couldn't log into the store and when I checked it was online gaming that was off last night, it is getting tiresome though, that's 3 times in under 2 weeks for me, a Friday night and 2 Tuesdays.

Walpurgis

Banned
How did you come to this conclusion? That seems to be the most plausible reason.
At the PS3's height (GTA V release), it had a lot more people using online concurrently since it was free and there were no issues. Now that they charge for online on PS4 and the PS3 has become a less active console, I think it is reasonable to assume that there are less people online, especially in an off month like July.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Steam always works for me, but it has it's moments when it can be shaky and erratic (like any service really). I mostly play USF4 on steam and that game was so bad on the service for a year after release. It runs smoother now, but there are times matches slow down to a crawl, and it becomes awful, even now.

Steam is also a place where I get (disconnected from steam) every now and then, and of course; every time I boot up the service there's always an update available. If this was PSN having such frequent updates or if PSN has an update for that matter, you have people coming out of the woodwork stating, how they always have to update their console etc...the overreaction and hyperbole is just so ridiculous at this point. Coming into the thread to tell people you are stopping your sub because of a few moments of downtime is just downright silly.

Everytime I need to play a game online, PSN is up, everytime I need to download a game, it does so quickly. I don't need to be at the console twidlling my thumbs or watching the download bar get to completion. The last time I bough a few games, stacked them all up for download and put the system in rest mode, when I returned everything was good to go, I recently downloaded all the plus games in minutes whilst browsing some playstation live channels recently. I just believe people are being unfair here or they have specific motives in this thread.

Tbh, I do want a better PSN for myself and everyone else, everything can be improved, that much is certain, but some people will try to impress you that the other services are much better and that's not true. I get lag on XBL games just as I do PSN, they're just P2P services outside the few games with dedicated servers anyway, xbl has downtime too. Everytime a service goes down, I'm not going to throw a tantrum or rather a fake tantrum as per what I've seen displayed here. It's especially disingenuos from multi platform holders, if the PSN is down for 30 mins, then perhaps it's time to give your XB1 or your PC a swirl or some love, it's really not a big deal.

Yeah, lots of hyperbole. People pretending like it's the end of the world, people talking about cancelling their sub etc..

Pretty much this.

Just checked on the ps app, and I've got 3 friends playing online now, all of us based in the UK, so its not down for everyone.

Download speeds have been hit and miss for me recently, ranging from 8 MB/s down to x KB/s; I'm on 60-70mb fibre wired.

I can see why people get frustrated when its down, its a paid for service, but given the time down vs time up its not too bad.

It seems to always be up when I get online, but I don't get that much gaming time anymore (if its down when its my game time, yeah it pisses me of, but I will just play sp games which have been neglected for mp or bang a film on).

Feel sorry for those that can't get online, hope you are back on again soon.

Cant play rocket league :mad: cmon man this is bs. Before it was fine cause online was free but now ingot to pay for it and not only are the servers not as good as xbox, they go down way too often

FranXico

The Last Word, indeed. Well said.

Caayn

Valve isn't responsible for the servers of USFIV.

Steam updates are frequent yes, but you can still stay online without running the latest version and updates are a hell of a lot faster than on the consoles.

Steam is free to use in its entirety, no need to pay for "premium" features.

Jo-El

Is PSN down for others or am I tripping? I can watch videos on IGN app, I can surf the Web, but PSN is timing out or not responding.

I can't seem to sign in currently, so it's probably not just you..

edit: Looks like the Toronto servers are down.

Did you really bump this thread to ask if psn is down?

https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Yes, because as poster mentioned above Toronto servers seem down, and that's where I'm facing problem too.

I can't connect to PSN. I can't even fire up certain games with my ethernet cable connected past the title screen. Rocket League is stuck at title screen.

Edit: Reading comments on other places, Ontario folks are facing problems and Saskatchewan folks are facing problem.

Top Bottom