• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of the best eShop titles on the 3DS?

Aizo

Banned
Both of these games were announced for international release, so they won't be JP-exclusive forever, but Minna de Mammote Knight (Protect Me Knight 2) and Petit Computer 3 (SmileBASIC) are both both fantastic; PMN2 is a brawler/tower defense/RPG by Yuzo Koshiro's company Ancient, and Petit Computer 3 is an app that lets you make, play and share apps using BASIC programming language.
Thank you!

Dominator

Is Inazuma Eleven worth getting on the eShop? Is it some kind of upgraded or enhanced version of the DS game?
Never came out in the US so only option for me. I'm not sure if its enhanced or not though.

Thanks to this thread I took the plunge on a ton of games:

Attack of the Friday Monsters
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Gunman Clive
Gunman Clive 2
Mighty Gunvolt
Mighty Switch Force!
PICROSS e1
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Many more to come I'm sure. I think the Sega Classics are next on my list.

tariniel

The one's that I've bought, played and liked are:

Picross e (all of them) A number based puzzle game. Perfect to play for 5mins here and there, great for before bed or on the toilet. I love these games.

Steamworld Dig It's actually a pretty addicting game with pretty good atmosphere. This one is also on Steam though by now. You dig, collect gems, upgrade your equips, complete puzzles, there's also combat and such. It doesn't sound addicting but I couldn't put it down.

The other games I've bought I actually haven't even played yet... too many games to play D:

yyr

Definitely have to recommend Bike Rider DX2.

The first Bike Rider DX was THE #1 top selling eShop-exclusive game in Japan for all of 2013, even outselling Pokemon Dream Radar. I bought it thinking that all of those people couldn't be wrong, and that thinking was correct. It was great.

Bike Rider DX2 outdoes the first one in every way, to the point where the first game is mostly irrelevant (also, it easily made the Japan top 10 for 2014). Simple gameplay (move forward automatically, press button to jump, get the 3 medals and reach the goal). It has some of the best level design I've ever seen, plus great powerups, a ton of hidden levels, and a great soundtrack. In North America it's a whopping $3.

If you have a Japanese system, Bike Rider DX3 came out late last year...

Oh, and as for the Picross e series, only get those if you're willing to sacrifice every last shred of your free time, because those are addictive as hell, lol

Pachimari

Have no better place to ask this, but I can't find any Sega 3D Classics on the eShop, how come?

[edit]
Nevermind, I found it.

Kirlia

Banned
How is Shovel Knight on 3DS eShop? A friend showed me it on PS4, and it looked super fun and enjoyable. Presumably it's also fun on the 3DS?

Top Bottom