• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What did NeoGAF do to XBOX?

Pelta88

Seems like Timdog has quite the defence force here.

Warms the heart.

From some of the replies from a certain member, I think he has an alt and is actively posting in this thread...

giphy.gif

Being honest makes fanboys extremely mad, apparently.

Manchild butt is hurt. 🥺

Someone please call him a Bwambulance. 😭🚑

PS; I think, after this, we're gonna get a new wave of dumb zealots parading their retardness around here and being rip apart by our wit for funsies.

xWBZqJK.gif

Please someone keep watch on Twitter for the solidary double cocksucking between Senjutsu and TimDog. 😆

Don't worry homie, I got you covered 👍

Last edited:

Crayon

Oh, you mean like every single Xbox thread on GaF is a shit one? Havent noticed huh?

There's a lot of threads that are controversial or self-made jokes such as this, sure. You are going to get that mainly because of ms' actions and performance over the last DECADE. You don't have to take my word for that, though. You might think threads like this are drawing undue trolling. But the ones about actually playing games are all good. That's a fact. Check the year in review thread. One lame attempt at a troll towards the top of the first page. Nobody takes the bait and instead proceed to talk hapily about the games they've been playing.

This poor mouth horseshit about the forum, geek press, and every site that doesn't have "xbox" in the url having it out for them started a long time ago. At one point around 2015 it was maddening. A real noise machine. Some here will surely remember. Another social push, actually. Now look. Those very brainworms have turned timdog's mind into swiss cheese. He's downright paranoid. And I don't blame him. He's spent 20 years obsessing about a console war in which god is on microsoft's side. And it's not like he's way out of the norm. There are so many people who are 40 now and been carrying this torch since they were 20. Time flies and it's a cruel bitch.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
All anyone wants is for XBOX to actually deliver and release 'good' games they have been promsing for ages. Do that and people will rejoice. Let the games do the talking. It raises the entire industry. Empty and laughble promises are getting tiresome. Keep it real and stop hyping games that fail to deliver or are trainwrecks. Just deliver.
Yes, this is it. Most of us want Xbox to be competitive. If ONLY to keep Sony and Nintendo honest. The problem is that MS stepped in with the good thing Xbox 360 had going, brought in a Kinect and tried to force other parts of the market in and gamers weren't having it. 2005-2010 produced some of the best Xbox exclusives and some of the best all time games. MS pissed it all away and they largely still have many of the same people there.

Xbox was GREAT when it focused on great games. Sony figured this out and has been unstoppable ever since.

Nowadays, Xbox has too many hands into too many different places and not excelling at any of them. However, the biggest turnoff for Xbox from me is their constant engagement with people like Tim and Colt. They are good at winning interest browny points and use them as mouthpieces.

I do not like Gamepass and do not think that it is good for the industry, nor do I believe it is sustainable.

As of right now, I just want Xbox to go 3rd party. Given that Starfield failed to move the needle in anyway, I am utterly convinced that there is no hope for them. Deep down people like Colt/Timdogg understand this, which is why they just lash out and people like RedDragon troll them mercilessly.

And yes, I do believe within a few years Starfield will be released on PS5.

Last edited:
Yes, this is it. Most of us want Xbox to be competitive. If ONLY to keep Sony and Nintendo honest. The problem is that MS stepped in with the good thing Xbox 360 had going, brought in a Kinect and tried to force other parts of the market in and gamers weren't having it. 2005-2010 produced some of the best Xbox exclusives and some of the best all time games. MS pissed it all away and they largely still have many of the same people there.

Xbox was GREAT when it focused on great games. Sony figured this out and has been unstoppable ever since.

Nowadays, Xbox has too many hands into too many different places and not excelling at any of them. However, the biggest turnoff for Xbox from me is their constant engagement with people like Tim and Colt. They are good at winning interest browny points and use them as mouthpieces.

I do not like Gamepass and do not think that it is good for the industry, nor do I believe it is sustainable.

As of right now, I just want Xbox to go 3rd party. Given that Starfield failed to move the needle in anyway, I am utterly convinced that there is no hope for them. Deep down people like Colt/Timdogg understand this, which is why they just lash out and people like RedDragon troll them mercilessly.

And yes, I do believe within a few years Starfield will be released on PS5.

Only thing I disagree with here is that Xbox needs to stick around to keep Sony & Nintendo honest. PC (Steam), mobile and even cloud, let alone each other, will be enough to keep Sony & Nintendo honest and competitive. We don't really "need" Xbox around as a console to ensure that, plus if customers feel like their needs aren't being met, they can always stop buying systems & content.

Otherwise everything else I feel is more or less spot-on. Especially the part with MS being a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. They remind me very much of mid-late '90s Sega in that regard. Publishing a ton of games but most not gaining any real traction. Multiple consoles with highly different specs being supported concurrently. Software resources being spread thin (in Sega's case, mostly with segment-specific games (arcade, Saturn, Pico, SegaSoft, etc.); with Microsoft, pushing Day 1 across many different configurations (Xbox Series, whole ranges of PC specs, cloud etc.)).

It doesn't matter if MS's a significantly larger company than Sega ever was; Xbox as a division is much smaller than Microsoft, and upper management resources are always finite in terms of how well they can balance focus across multiple avenues. The scale of each things in the industry these days is much larger than back in the '90s so it's not like Xbox as a division has magnitudes more overhead over these areas for managerial purposes than Sega had during that time. Maybe a bit more, since they aren't having corporate infighting between different branches, but that's about it.

I'd even say Microsoft's situation is worst in ways. Anyone who tries telling me PC isn't cannibalizing console sales is lying, or at least very misinformed. Steam and consoles share at least 80% of the same games which aren't bottom-tier low-budget indies and fangames/mods. PC game sales revenue increased in the early 2010s directly correlates with a decline in the end of 7th gen from mostly enthusiast 360 owners (and some PS3 owners) going over to PC (or back to PC), plus some Nintendo owners shifting to PC after the Wii sales fell off a cliff around late 2011/early 2012 (even if many more went to mobile instead). Not only that, but we now have data basically showing that while games on PC may move a good number of copies (particularly on Steam), the average revenue per game is significantly lower compared to consoles, so the average ARPU on PC is therefore significantly lower as well.

The idea some people use to then say that, say, porting games to PC doesn't hurt console, is nullified IMO. It influences console owners to either switch to PC to access the games for much cheaper, or hold off on buying them at launch prices on console. With Xbox in particular, this is even further hurt due to the effect of Game Pass conditioning a lot of people there to just be content with what the service offers, not buy many (or any) games at launch, or if they happen to have an Xbox & PC, just use Game Pass for 1P content and still do all their 3P access through venues like Steam (where MS gets no 30% cut on software sales).

Even in the mid and late '90s, Sega didn't have quite those types of self-inflicted wounds, and while they did rely a lot in cases on say arcade ports (usually without a lot of extra content for the home), arcades weren't readily available for the average person to buy and place in their own homes. The number of venues with modern arcade games also dropped off quite a bit during that era, so for many it wasn't necessarily easy to just "go to the arcade" to play those games. Things like that ensured there was still natural value proposition for systems like Saturn and Dreamcast even when they were getting a lot of the arcade ports (of course, having non-arcade port 1P software also helped).

Last edited:
I'm simply an observer...what I see is Sony fanboys and Xbox fanboys doin the do

Well what exactly were you expecting since the OT is about TimDog? If anyone's to blame it would be him for making the tweet in the first place. And if someone doesn't lime the OT they can either report it or ignore it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I think it’s time to draw the digital line.

Xbox Series X refresh will be out in 2024 and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here. Either way when the console comes out this forum will likely be on fire.

So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

When the console is released and everyone plays GamePass all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and gamers in general think the console is 'crap' then I am comfortable with getting tagged 'Owned by the GAF'.

However, if I am right and the console is received well, I would like to see those 'Against' to be tagged with 'Owned by Xbox'."

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Well what exactly were you expecting since the OT is about TimDog? If anyone's to blame it would be him for making the tweet in the first place. And if someone doesn't lime the OT they can either report it or ignore it.
Huh? What are you saying...I'm of the popcorn eating persuasion when it comes to threads like this.

Last edited:
Huh? What are you saying...I'm of the popcorn eating persuasion when it comes to threads like this.

I'm just saying that nobody should be surprised when a thread is pretty crazy when it's based off someone that's mentally ill. Like that Phil Spencer thread for example.

Last edited:
I think it’s time to draw the digital line.

Xbox Series X refresh will be out in 2024 and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here. Either way when the console comes out this forum will likely be on fire.

So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

When the console is released and everyone plays GamePass all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and gamers in general think the console is 'crap' then I am comfortable with getting tagged 'Owned by the GAF'.

However, if I am right and the console is received well, I would like to see those 'Against' to be tagged with 'Owned by Xbox'."
How are you going to judge received well? Gaming sites giving the system a good review, which will most likely happen, or by sales? If it's the latter, I don't think you want that bet. The PS5 is already handing the XS its lunch, and an all digital XSX isn't going to change that. Not with an actual PS5 Pro coming out that will be more powerful than the XSX.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Is there anyone like Tim dog for playstation?

Obviously there used to be Chad warden, and I know there's people like red dragon but maybe becuase I don't go on twitter X, I never witness this madness from any side.

These people are beyond pathetic.

I guess stans like swift star and those odd ones that left this place?
But they aren't on the level of a Tim dog or that other one colt Eastwood, in terms of reach.

Last edited:
Damn. I’m always confuse yall follow him and get upset when he say stuff like this. Why yall following him and why should we care?

I'm going to be a little harsh here, but Neogaf is a few thousand users that the industry doesn't give a fuck about. Of all the podcasts I listen to REE gets the occasional mention when something leaks, but otherwise GAF is a dinosaur that all the normies remember 'something happened to'.

Edit-if it's even a few thousand.

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I'm going to be a little harsh here, but Neogaf is a few thousand users that the industry doesn't give a fuck about. Of all the podcasts I listen to REE gets the occasional mention when something leaks, but otherwise GAF is a dinosaur that all the normies remember 'something happened to'.

Edit-if it's even a few thousand.
We still have Sunset Overdrive.

Top Bottom