• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you the best at, relative to everyone else?

admartian

Pretty much any sports game.

I don't think I'm really that 'good' in any other games anymore though. I play them for the experience itself rather than 'min/maxing' everytime and being 'good'.

Probably Football Manager.

This is probably the most underrated thing in gaming.

Sure, you can beat worlds in the Souls series bladdy blah blah..,

But taking San Marino to world recognition, or bringing Portsmouth back to the Prems AND CL glory - despite the Match Engine's protests?

Yeah, you're a gaming God.

orborborb

I was very good at memorizing Minecraft cave systems and knowing where to dig to connect previously explored shafts

I didn't have much trouble beating F-Zero GX on the hardest difficulty

tengiants

Snake on those old Nokia phones. I would max out the screen with that little guy playing on the highest speed. I would play with two thumbs and an index finger.

I don't really have the attention span and I like to play a lot of games so I have never really done well at any game competitively. I can pick up about any game and do reasonably well though.

I was super good at Playstation All Stars. I'm still better than my friends irl.

I'm also the best out of my friends at Smash. I can't touch people that actually play competitively though.

I was good at CS:S/CS:GO, played ESEA invite/CEVO P for both games.
That was a few years back, before school and living abroad "got in the way". Now I'm (to quote a friend) "more washed up than Tom Hanks in Cast Away"

18-Volt

Rhythm games; Rock Band, Guitar hero, Elite Beat agents and all of karaoke games.

Also, among people I know I'm unbeatable at Mario Kart and for some reason Burnout. Just these two games, I still suck at other racing games.

bLaiSe

Right now it's PvZ: GW and Secret Ponchos. I'd say I come out first 19 times out of 20.
I was pretty good at CoD4 too back in the 360 days. Now I'm a total noob at CoD.

I'm probably one of the best in the world in Madden, Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Smash Bros. N64/Melee. Back in the day I was also pretty great at CoD4/WaW. I was one of the best players in a clan that was #2 on Gamebattles for a while.

Who

Banned
I am typically the best smash player among my friends but I still get destroyed by one friend in particular.

But yeah that's the game I'm best at.

I also became somewhat of a manchine in DoD back in the day usually averaging like 22-7 in a game.

Jonsend

Starsiege tribes (1). I played daily for approx 7 years, mainly a very unforgiving mod. I was very good. Never really bothered with T2 onwards.

smackdown here comes the pain. i was unstoppable

i don't play too many multiplayer games these days, but i guess i have become a fairly formidable towerfall opponent.

Dr. Buni

I can finish Donkey Kong Country 2 really quick, but that is about it.

I am also relatively good in the new Smash, but not in a competitive way;

Like, I can win consistently when playing online in For Fun and against "friends", but I am pretty terrible against those players who exploit "techs" etc.

Racing games are seemingly my forte, which is countered by my absolute inability to do well in any sort of strategy game.

Everything else I'm pretty much average at.

Older fire emblem title, possibly Awakening but it's all about grind (so that does not count IMO). I can M run PoR and RD without reset. I hardly reset at my first trial.

In the other hand I suck at so many games...

MiszMasz

KOTOR, I've played a couple of times all the way through as a goody-two-shoes. It's not taken long, as though I'd got my stats just right for each part and succeeded on every light-side convo option you could attempt. By the end i feel like I could've talked the emperor himself down to just chill out and come for coffee.

KNoon

Neo Member
Lord of the Rings:Conquest. Before they took the servers offline I was unreal at that game. I even went 60-0 one game as an archer.

Muffdraul

My brief shining star was back when I used to lug my SNES over to friends' houses to play Mario Kart or Super Bomberman. I was the biggest gamer out of all my friends, so usually I kicked their butts. A couple years later a bunch of us used to stay after work and play Doom 2/Marathon/Quake on the LAN, and again nobody was as much of a gamer dork as I was so I cleaned up. But as soon as online MP over the internet became a big thing, my 1st place days were over and I learned what it truly means to be someone who spend WAY TOO MUCH FUCKING TIME playing video games.

PensOwl

Banned
According to the leaderboards, speed running Spelunky.

Definitely not like top 10 or anything, but last time I checked I was at least in the top 50 on vita and at least the top 200 on PC.

Not amazing, but better than most.

Josephl64

Maybe Fire Emblem or AliceSoft RPGs(Daiteitoku,Rance,Daibanchou,etc.).

Then again those titles are pretty easy so I'm not sure it's of any note...I'm not good at games in general, I just enjoy them.

FStop7

Banned
Sim-slanted racing games like Gran Turismo and Forza. All assists off, manual trans. I will take anyone on at Road Atlanta or Laguna Seca.

Woffls

Umm, I think I was getting top 100 scores in Boom Boom Rocket when it was new, but now I'm like top 2k apparently :\ Could improve significantly on that if I had a proper go.

Got all platinum medals on PGR3 but I don't know how good that made me because I didn't play online. I was never that bothered about fast times anyway, I just wanted to push the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 as far as I could.

I thought I was good at Guitar Hero until I found out about ScoreHero :(

Also GoldenEye pistols, LTK.

Maybe Battlefield. I'm rarely not at the top of the leaderboard after every match. I get burned out quickly though and then just stop playing.

I was also the master of NBA street vol 2 on gamecube.

f0lken

I don't know if I am the best, but my 999lv Muramasa on Castlevania SOTN says that I am dedicated enough to the game

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Gears of War. I was masterful with every single weapon because of the achievements. Online was exciting because of that.

I was really fucking good at Crimson Skies. Like top 100 leaderboard good. That's the only game I have ever been good at. I guess now maybe racing games.

I'm usually pretty ridiculous at most competitive shooters, relative to my friends and our mutual friends. I have a natural knack for them.

I was a 'top' player in MGO. There was a lot of players better than me, but I was quite up there. I spent a quite bit of time in the top clan and most professional teams would be quite happy to have me if their friends were unavailable for tournaments and what not. Most, not all.

On BF3 my KDR was something ridiculous like 4.67 and that was playing on my own without having a medic train team. My score per minute stat was always high and my skill stat as well.

I've only ever played CoD a few times at my friends houses and they've always asked afterwards if I can play on their account to boost their stats a little.

So overall I'd say that relative to my friends I can be slightly ridiculous at competitive shooters. I'd feel confident in saying I could be up there with the top on most games if I actually tried and had the teams to support me.

Rock Band. A lot of better players than me, but even then, I'm still pretty good and always play guitar/drums on expert. I believe the highest I was ranked on any song was #10 worldwide, across all platforms.

J3ffro

Original Blitz on N64. In college I had a handful of buddies that all played it at a high level. There was a weird pecking order, I'd beat Nick, Nick would beat Travis, Travis would beat Mike, Mike would beat Virge, Virge would beat me. All pretty level, and every now and then there'd be an upset in that Rock Paper Scissors flow chart. Anyway, we thought we were okay, and word got around that we were the guys to beat (4/5 of us lived in the same part and floor of the same freshman dorm, we were easy to find), so we started getting people dropping by to claim the throne.

We would let them take a turn against each of us. No one ever beat any of us, and usually no one would score on any of us. We played Blitz on such a high level most would be interlopers weren't even mad they got destroyed. They'd hang out for a bit and watch our games against each other, then we would never see them again.

I'm sure today I wouldn't be 1/10 what I was, but it was really fun absolutely destroying dudes who would shit talk 5 strangers. The best were the guys who claimed it was all luck. Sorry pal, I scored 7 touchdowns on you, you didn't get to the 50 yard line. Maybe a play or two were luck, but ultimately you just weren't nearly as good as you thought you were.

This was ~15 years ago, and still is a spot of contention between some of us. Nick claims he's the best since he had the most wins. Travis claims he's the best since he had the highest win %. I take the high road and don't mention the month Nick didn't beat me at all - and we were roommates with the N64 in our room - and I don't remind Travis that he had the least wins to go with that win %. He was stoned quite a lot, which kept him from playing.

JediLink

Super Smash Bros Melee. Of all the people who have ever played it, I'd say that 99% of those have only seen 1% of what the game truly has to offer.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I'm probably top 25% in the world in Smash 4, but that's barely saying anything.

Escalario

Banned
Ironically, the 1% who see the other 99% of what the game truly has to offer ban 80% of it.

Tgotcia.png

Top Bottom