• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which developer other than From Soft could make a Bloodborne 2 worthy of its legacy?

Randomizer

A second FromSoftware team barely managed to make a decent sequel to Dark Souls. Without Miyazaki it felt like an imitation without the great level design, fair enemy placement and general world building. Picture this for a Bloodborne sequel but worse as it would be developed externally.

DemWalls

Hard to tell, since Souls-type games are still very few. They could definitely entrust the technical side to Deck13 though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Fucking no one but From Software. Duh.

Mayyyyybe Team Ninja, since they showed they have the chops for fantastic combat and 60 fps optimization (at the cost of fidelity though), and decent level design and boss design with Nioh, but as good as Nioh is, it's still not quite on that same level for the whole package.

Give it to Obsidian, so a Soulsborne game can finally have a well made narrative for once

And then the game will be riddled with bugs and have horrible, janky combat? :p

Audioboxer

I'm not even sure if From Software can do it again. Bloodborne is simply leagues ahead of DS3. I think it even dethrones DS1 but it's debatable. Demons is amazing, but slightly nostalgia tinted as Dark did so much to advance the overall package. DS2 is good, but a little convoluted and bloated.

Tbh I'm actually a bit concerned From won't ever be able to touch DS1 and BB again. Whatever is finally tackled next it either has to be BB2 or another new strain. DS needs a rest. I don't give a shit about Armored Core or whatever they're currently working on, so I guess I'm sitting it out till they do go back for BB2 or another Souls venture of some sorts.

Oh, to answer the title, no one lol.

kikiribu

Team Ninja for combat after playing Nioh.

But in reality, I wouldn't want anyone but From making Bloodborne 2. I do wish they had higher standards when it came to performance since their engine seems outdated, but Bloodborne's only moment of terrible performance that I can recall was in Old Yharnam anyway. They really just need to work on their frame pacing. Frame pacing is key.

Falcom could do it, I believe in 'em more than almost any other studio. They know how to write story, how to handle lore, how to do amazing boss fights, they do awesome action gameplay, and know how to make interesting monster designs. Plus they have an incredible sound team.
It's also worth pointing out how much the final dungeon of Xanadu Next (called Castle Strangerock) resembles a larger dungeon from a Souls game and captures the majesty of a decadent villain's ambitions. Falcom wouldn't go far enough with gruesome themes and imagery to do Souls justice, let alone levels of customization, but a new Xanadu Next would definitely appeal to anyone looking for a lighter, well-paced experience (and OG Xananext is great anyway).

Cathcart

Nobody can do it. Bloodborne + DLC is a complete game. There's no need for a sequel, even if From is making it. Love the original, one of my all time favorites. Do not want BB2.

Edit: anyone saying Team Ninja is out of their goddamn minds. There's no way they could do justice to that world. FROM games are more than a combat system and a death mechanic. Team Ninja would be out of their league trying to tell a story in From style.

Top Bottom