• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
CoD is great with Offtv. But it's horrible to activate it, if it's done as BLOPS...AAHAHAHAH
about the game revela: it will be watch dogs!

jmizzal

Didn't they label that as a rumour? I have to admit, I didn't check. I just refuse to give clicks to those clickbait teasing stories. Still curious about it, though I'm not expecting anything big (DL and/or shovelware).

They also posted this
https://twitter.com/NINTENthusiast/status/415154056248561664

"Before the reveal, check out our rumor accountability report we published yesterday"

Showing that they have been right on all but one of their rumors and that one is only because they cant prove that Rockstar tested GTAV on WiiU

To me this is the big one from the site

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/wii-u-watchdogs-rainbox-six-beyond-good-and-evil-2/

From Feb. well before Watch_Dogs, Spinter Cell BL and Deus Ex were announced they said they were coming

L~A

They also posted this
https://twitter.com/NINTENthusiast/status/415154056248561664

"Before the reveal, check out our rumor accountability report we published yesterday"

Showing that they have been right on all but one of their rumors and that one is only because they cant prove that Rockstar tested GTAV on WiiU

To me this is the big one from the site

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/wii-u-watchdogs-rainbox-six-beyond-good-and-evil-2/

From Feb. well before Watch_Dogs, Spinter Cell BL and Deus Ex were announced they said they were coming

Hmm, interesting. Still not getting my hopes up, but will keep a look out for that mysterious announcement.

that was part of the joke! ;p
(even if a confirmation about the wiiu version with actual footage and gamepad uses of that game, well....would be something, trust me)

Ha ha, you got me there. But yeah, some Wii U footage would be cool.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
that was part of the joke! ;p
(even if a confirmation about the wiiu version with actual footage and gamepad uses of that game, well....would be something, trust me)

Actually the use of the gamepad is the most important detail regarding this game on Wii U and nothing was yet announced, so that would be quite important.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Actually the use of the gamepad is the most important detail regarding this game on Wii U and nothing was yet announced, so that would be quite important.

I agree
and up to now, considering various factors, even the confirmation of the game, or at least a wii u version of it, would be something

Powerwing

The "only next gen" (no ps360 version) 3rd party multiplatform title I can think of is project cars but it has already been announced.

jmizzal

The "only next gen" (no ps360 version) 3rd party multiplatform title I can think of is project cars but it has already been announced.

Yea some people were thinking project cars, but they just put an article about Project Cars WiiU version on the site so that wouldnt make sense as a "Reveal", I would be pissed if it was lol

jmizzal

Me too, unless they show Wii u's footage of the game.

Based on what I just looked up its not a game play reveal, and most likely from their retailer sources so that rules out Cars I think.

Somebody is guessing Tomb Raider, which I could see it is coming to Xbox one and PS4 soon

Edit
I dont wanna start and crazy hype train or hate train lol so I will only make the thread after the reveal

Ugh now there's something else to drive me mad with excitement and make work go even slower! I can't wait to see what game it is. I proudly support third parties only on Nintendo.

I don't think it'll come to Wii U tho
Square seems to hate the console.

But the PS4 and XBO versions are known, to me this seems like a possible all new game that's never before seen LEAST for all platforms mentioned.

GTA5 is a no go because that would require 2K to give a crap about Wii U. :/

jmizzal

I don't think it'll come to Wii U tho
Square seems to hate the console.

Lol they couldve put Straight Right on it like they did for Deus Ex HR

The thing is Straight Right 2 WiiU games DE and ME3 are some of the best 3rd party ports taking advantage of the gamepad

But the PS4 and XBO versions are known, to me this seems like a possible all new game that's never before seen LEAST for all platforms mentioned.

GTA5 is a no go because that would require 2K to give a crap about Wii U. :/

The wording is kinda iffy on if its a never announced game or not, and even tho Tomb Raider is announced for next gen already, publishers are known to announce WiiU/Wii versions of games later on

wilflare

any comments on the Scribblenaut games
and LEGO games

more geared towards multiplayer fun ^^

(is 39USD a good price for New Super Mario Bros U)?

any comments on the Scribblenaut games
and LEGO games

more geared towards multiplayer fun ^^

(is 39USD a good price for New Super Mario Bros U)?

Just grab Lego City Undercover, it's a AAA gem IMO. It's fucking massive, and hilarious. And POLISHED, not what you'd normally find in a Lego game (can it be helped? I mean Lego games are always on like half a dozen platforms at once).

Edit: No multiplayer though, but I think it's well worth it regardless!

Roo

Lol they couldve put Straight Right on it like they did for Deus Ex HR

The thing is Straight Right 2 WiiU games DE and ME3 are some of the best 3rd party ports taking advantage of the gamepad

The wording is kinda iffy on if its a never announced game or not, and even tho Tomb Raider is announced for next gen already, publishers are known to announce WiiU/Wii versions of games later on

I don't know, at least for me, it falls under the "too good to be true" category.
Great if it's indeed Tomb Raider or any other AAA game but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

wilflare

Just grab Lego City Undercover, it's a AAA gem IMO. It's fucking massive, and hilarious. And POLISHED, not what you'd normally find in a Lego game (can it be helped? I mean Lego games are always on like half a dozen platforms at once).

Edit: No multiplayer though, but I think it's well worth it regardless!

probably gonna get it... looking for a good deal/price

hmm any thoughts on LEGO Marvel
and the two Scribblenaut games

Scribblenauts Unlimited
Scribblenauts Unmasked

prag16

Banned
I don't know, at least for me, it falls under the "too good to be true" category.
Great if it's indeed Tomb Raider or any other AAA game but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

I'm hoping it's NOT a late port. So hopefully not Tomb Raider.

The wording seems to make it sound like it's a game yet to be officially announced (saying the news concerns xbone/PS4/WiiU), but who knows, it is indeed a little vague/ambiguous.

Not getting my hopes up..

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I will pick scribblenauts unlimited up in early jan, while I think that lego marvel is good for local coop

about the game to be revealed, could be both the straight right game or the cry engine one

prag16

Banned
I will pick scribblenauts unlimited up in early jan, while I think that lego marvel is good for local coop

about the game to be revealed, could be both the straight right game or the cry engine one

What straight right game? There's another one? And I thought the cryengine game turned out to be sniper ghost warrior or whatever, which was quietly cancelled for Wii U. And I thought the straight right game turned out to be funky barn. Or was there another rumored AFTER that?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
What straight right game? There's another one? And I thought the cryengine game turned out to be sniper ghost warrior or whatever, which was quietly cancelled for Wii U. And I thought the straight right game turned out to be funky barn. Or was there another rumored AFTER that?

don't know about sniper, but SR was working on something else

jmizzal

As far as known Straight Right hasnt said if they were working on a new WiiU game but their sister company Tantalus or what ever its called is working on Funky Barn 2.

Their is another Cryengine game coming to WiiU rumor from a while back, which is HomeFront 2, thats my 2nd guys besides Tomb Raider

Hiltz

Those new projects were very likely cancelled by its publisher(s). One of the titles was said to be an original IP while the other was a port of a big franchise planned for a 2013 release.

Shiggy

probably gonna get it... looking for a good deal/price

hmm any thoughts on LEGO Marvel
and the two Scribblenaut games

Scribblenauts Unlimited
Scribblenauts Unmasked

Unlimited is pretty good, but get it on PC. The Steam Workshop stuff is pretty good.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Unlimited is pretty good, but get it on PC. The Steam Workshop stuff is pretty good.

he is looking for multiplayer thought. I think that gamepad, tv screen and off tv could ne great for that. at least, that's how I'm planning to play it with my wife :p

jmizzal

Those new projects were very likely cancelled by its publisher(s). One of the titles was said to be an original IP while the other was a port of a big franchise planned for a 2013 release.

They all came out

one was Deus Ex HR and the other was Funky Barn, and now Funky Barn 2 is in development by their sister company.

prag16

Banned
It would be but sadly this game is not GTAV he just shoot that down

https://twitter.com/NINTENthusiast/status/415215883917619201

"No hints prior to the reveal. But one idea I just have to shoot down before it gets out of hand: No, it has nothing to do with GTA V"

For me personally, I doubt off-TV play or a HUD-less interface would make the gameplay any less laborious, tedious, and boring. I got around 2-3 hours into it on PS3 and wanted to shoot myself. Not a surprise since I didn't like GTA4 either.

69wpm

tumblr_mt7zkpbIk21rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I hope I'm not waiting in vain.

Top Bottom