• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

69wpm

internally-screaming-gif.gif

thomaser

Minecraft, yay! I've held out on it in hopes that it'll come to the WiiU. Great news, hope they'll do something special with it, like Mario or Zelda-themed worlds.

While great that it's coming to Nintendo finally, I have to ask... why isn't there a Minecraft 2 yet?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this game has never stop from being updated. When it got popular it was an alpha or beta release, made by one man.

Zing

Banned
My daughter actually asked for an Xbox so she could play minecraft. I didn't even consider it.

She has pocket edition on her iPod and it's just now, with the latest update, getting some decent features.

Minecraft on Wii U is very welcome news. A shame it took so long despite clearly being the best console platform for it with the touchpad.

Some Nobody

Minecraft? This is one of those things that's a win for Nintendo, but not for me. But then again I'm mainly looking for exclusives from them.

Another topic:

I ask myself how many collaborations Nintendo is going to do in the future.

This really seems like a Nintendo-way of things. Iwata was asked in the last Q&A if Nintendo is going to spend millions of dollars to get 3rd Parties (or 3rd Party exclusive content) like "other companies" would do this:

Iwata said:
Following and imitating others is the kind of reasoning that Nintendo tries to avoid the most, and while we certainly do not have a negative attitude toward strengthening our ties with third-party publishers, employing the same methodology as the other manufacturers would only lead to the most simplistic competitive approaches, such as price wars or money-giving that would never end. We would like to take a unique approach of our own and build sustainable relationships with our third-party publishers.

They probably couldn't compete against 100-billion-dollar-companies like Microsoft or Sony in terms of money-hatting.

Nintendos approach gives them:
- Exclusive titles
- Closer partnership with 3rd Parties
- Interesting new collaborations/games/etc.

I feel 3rd Parties are far more willing to do stuff like this (especially because Nintendo should pay the most part).

The only downside is maybe that they can't make that much collaborations to support the console without pure 3rd Party Games.

I'd also like to see that Nintendo makes more collaborations with western publishers, Ubisoft would be a very good fit for the beginning. Lego City: Undercover is the only one I could think of (and the game was fairly successful so far)

So far we have:

- Lego City Undercover (Warner × Nintendo)
- Ninja Gaiden 3 (Tecmo × Nintendo)
- Hyrule Warriors (Tecmo × Nintendo)
- Super Smash Bros. 4 (Bandai × Nintendo)
- Fire Emblem × SMT (Atlus × Nintendo)
- Bayonetta 2 (Platinum × Nintendo)
- The Wonderful 101 (Platinum × Nintendo)

wilflare

hmm is the Wii U the definitive console for
- Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition
- Rayman Legends
- Resident Evil: Revelations

(especially for local multiplayer)

on a separate note,
is Rabbids Land worth getting?

I think its a good idea to do the collaborations but yeah, they really need to expand it westward. I'd like to see new IPs like Wonderful 101 come from it too. not just new games in existing franchises.

Dies Iræ

As a new WiiU owner, I must say that I adore this console. Yes, the OS is slow, clunky, and encumbering. Yes, the Gamepad screen is only passable. But what matters is the content and, man, this console pulls its weight: 3D World, 101, ZombiU, Pikmin 3, Revelations, Legends.

Every title feels polished, bursting with fresh ideas and creativity. It's a refreshing distraction from my long-in-the-tooth 360. As a mid-20s gamer who wants to crack open a beer and have fun, usually in co-op with my girlfriend, this console is hitting all the right spots. Cheers, Nintendo.

wilflare

Dies Iræ;94637665 said:
As a new WiiU owner, I must say that I adore this console. Yes, the OS is slow, clunky, and encumbering. Yes, the Gamepad screen is only passable. But what matters is the content and, man, this console pulls its weight: 3D World, 101, ZombiU, Pikmin 3, Revelations, Legends.

Every title feels polished, bursting with fresh ideas and creativity. It's a refreshing distraction from my long-in-the-tooth 360. As a mid-20s gamer who wants to crack open a beer and have fun, usually in co-op with my girlfriend, this console is hitting all the right spots. Cheers, Nintendo.

I love the integration of Miiverse (now that's a new next-gen feature)

AniHawk

- Lego City Undercover (Warner × Nintendo)
- Ninja Gaiden 3 (Tecmo × Nintendo)
- Hyrule Warriors (Tecmo × Nintendo)
- Super Smash Bros. 4 (Bandai × Nintendo)
- Fire Emblem × SMT (Atlus × Nintendo)
- Bayonetta 2 (Platinum × Nintendo)
- The Wonderful 101 (Platinum × Nintendo)

also monster hunter 4 (capcom x nintendo) with the zelda stuff thrown in there.

i think we'll see some sort of capcom thing from them for the 3ds (probably not wii u). nintendo/iwata was big on this in the gamecube era- the capcom five, namco's star fox, namco's mario baseball, the baffling square enix mario basketball game for ds, etc.

nintendo's bringing over bravely default and they handled all the dragon quests once the franchise hit their systems. really, the only company nintendo doesn't have it in good with is konami as far as the big japanese companies are concerned.

AniHawk

Should get Castlevania back after Los. A return to form on the Wii U would be amazing.

i say they should get iga's team to work with sakamoto on a 2d metroid for the 3ds.

for consoles maybe they can make mario/pes strikers and mlb power pros starring some sort of seattle mariners guy.

So, I'll create a new thread in January with a new design (and additional information maybe). ;)

• Donkey Kong Country
• Mario Kart 8
• Monoliths X
• Watch Dogs
• Project Cars
• Hyrule Warriors
• Yoshi's Epic Yarn
• Bayonetta 2

This will be a great year, can't wait for further announcements.

Yes, 2014 is looking good indeed.
Thanks for the major efforts in maintaining this fantastic thread!

wilflare

really enjoying this thread and picking up the games I've missed

anyone knows what's a good sale price for
Nintendoland
New Super Mario Brothers U
LEGO Undercover

and is Wii U Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 worth playing
or is the 3DS version the one to go?

maxcriden

really enjoying this thread and picking up the games I've missed

anyone knows what's a good sale price for
Nintendoland
New Super Mario Brothers U
LEGO Undercover

and is Wii U Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 worth playing
or is the 3DS version the one to go?

I would check the B/S/T thread, you can at least get a good LCU deal in there. :)

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'll say I'm really enjoying the Wii U monster hunter and haven't been online yet. I am considering the 3ds version so I can hunt at work, too.

Some Nobody

i say they should get iga's team to work with sakamoto on a 2d metroid for the 3ds.

for consoles maybe they can make mario/pes strikers and mlb power pros starring some sort of seattle mariners guy.

Are you being sarcastic again? Because answers like this are why the Wii U's screwed in the first place. So many good titles coming to the 3DS while Wii U gets more "family titles".

AniHawk

Are you being sarcastic again? Because answers like this are why the Wii U's screwed in the first place. So many good titles coming to the 3DS while Wii U gets more "family titles".

i just have concern that any console version of metroid would instantly be 3d. the ds had a 2d mario from nintendo after 14 years and the 3ds had a traditional isometric zelda from nintendo for the first time in 20 years. there's less expectation.

Top Bottom