• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I cannot believe how bad this card is.

jmdajr

Match Predictions!
The Dudley Boyz vs. The Usos
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Surprise
Cesaro
return?

Natalya, Paige, Brie, Alicia, Eva vs. Lana, Naomi, Tamina, Summer, Emma
League of Nations vs. New Day
Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, The Miz, Stardust, Sin Cara, Zack Ryder
Chris Jericho vs. A.J. Styles
Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose
The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon
Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Eva is a face now?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't see how they let Shane win after how they left it on RAW.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Per Meltzer:

Usos v. Dudleys
10 Man Divas Tag
Kalisto v. Ryback
ARMBAR

are ALL ON THE PRESHOW.

I cannot believe that Austin, Rock, and Shawn Michaels will all be on this show and they managed to advertise none of them (other than that shitty 30 second non-specific ad they sometimes run with Rock in it).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Preshow is 2 hours long, so 2 each on them.

The actual show is 4 hours long with only 7 matches. All of the matches are expected to get a long time. I 100% expect the MOTN to be the Becky-Sasha-Charlotte match.

Are they even close to 100k in ticket sales? Last I heard they were at 88k

They way I understand it, they can't even get to 100k legitimately because of the stage setup. They'll announce 100k (or a bit over) because that's just a dumb thing that sporting events do (it's not just a WWE thing).

They are legitimately setting their own record for ticket sales though.

mreddie

CeujYEEWIAA-2uG.jpg
Oh god...IT'S CRUSH HOUR

Toki767

It's kind of sad that they're probably going to give Shane/Taker and HHH/Reigns 30-45 minutes each and yet they're only going to give Styles/Jericho and Lesnar/Ambrose 15-20 minutes max.

DMczaf

Wait...I just realized they are reusing the WM2000 All Day gimmick

THIS REALLY IS FUCKING WM2000 II! god damn it

It's kind of sad that they're probably going to give Shane/Taker and HHH/Reigns 30-45 minutes each and yet they're only going to give Styles/Jericho and Lesnar/Ambrose 15-20 minutes max.

Idk. Meltzer said a priority on this show was that they wanted everyone to get a lot of time, so much so that they made a point to the PPV companies that they'll probably end up going 15-20 minutes over the four hour mark for PPV. They have seven matches for a little over four hours. That's less than two an hour. So even if you factor in a music performance and a HoF thing, it'd be tough for anything to not get enough time.

Toki767

Idk. Meltzer said a priority on this show was that they wanted everyone to get a lot of time, so much so that they made a point to the PPV companies that they'll probably end up going 15-20 minutes over the four hour mark for PPV. They have seven matches for a little over four hours. That's less than two an hour. So even if you factor in a music performance and a HoF thing, it'd be tough for anything to not get enough time.

They'll find a way. Vince McMahon always finds a way.

Sephzilla

So we'll ignore that the last two WMs have been (for the most part) great shows because "lol Vince, right?"

WrestleMania 29 was a bad show besides Taker/Punk
WrestleMania 30 was a great show (mostly because Vince and creative finally listened)
WrestleMania 31 was a mediocre show with a good ending

WrestleMania 32 is looking a lot like WrestleMania 31, except all of the bright spots of WrestleMania 31 are out with injuries

Dazzler

Vince is the ultimate carny, putting his own 46-year-old son's body on the line to make up for his own shortcomings as a promoter

I'm worried Shane will badly hurt himself taking a ridiculous bump

31 was a mediocre show with a good ending.

I refute that. The ladder match was really good, Orton/Rollins was a good match with a great ending, Triple H/Sting was a fun match irrelevant of who went over, Bray/Undertaker was fine, and Roman/Brock was great and had a great ending.

Are you sure? John Pollock heard that they were moving it to the main show and switching the us title match to the preshow.

Plus can they fit 4 matches in a hour?

It's not four in an hour. It's four in two hours. There's a Network exclusive hour that will start before the USA simulcast starts at 6 EST.

Last night on Raw they reaffirmed it would be on the preshow. Plus on the WWE website it is still listed as a kickoff match.

Luschient

So my brother-in-law is friends with one of the head security guys at AT&T Stadium so we thought we had an "in" to get backstage and get into the show for free. Alas, that fell through.

Current WrestleMania plan:
  • Grill burgers and sausage
  • Drink
  • Watch the show
  • Around 9pm start answering my wife about "how much longer does this thing last?"
  • Listen, once again, to my 7 yr old son tell me that none of the fighting is real
  • Pass out

fake edit: I like how when I'm typing "WrestleMania" out in the message box, it red underlines it if I don't capitalize the "M".

Lawdy.

Re: 31

Ladder match has got to be one of the worst ladder matches I've ever seen. Just awful. And I think the main event is nearing most overrated WWE match now that the first Iron Man has swung out of favor.

Triple H vs. Sting is glorious, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom