• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 Price drop...confirmed.

Tobor

sypher said:
I dont think this a good idea, because it makes the PS3 look more expensive and the Wii look more like a 360, which in turn means people wont buy wiis because they will think they will break.

This post wins. :lol

Meier

reilo said:
A little TOO optimistic, aren't we?

Dunno, 400k seems very feasible to me.. maybe a tad bit less though as I always overestimated 360 hardware sales in the past. I'd say 350k is probably a bare minimum though (and you can guarantee MS will sell out every Halo SE system they have).

Slavik81

Anybody who buys it for $349.99 will regret it when the holiday bundles come around. I picked mine up for $299.99 last Christmas. I can only assume that there'll be ever better ones this year.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Karma Kramer said:
I can tell you are very interested in purchasing this said product.

To be fair, I've seen baby shit before, and I've seen the color of the X360 Halo Edition, and they are pretty close in color.

Tobor

reilo said:
To be fair, I've seen baby shit before, and I've seen the color of the X360 Halo Edition, and they are pretty close in color.

I was going to say it looks like baby food, but really, whats the difference?

reilo said:

To be honest I think the green looks like crap... at least in the pictures... so don't think I am defending it. I just find his comment ironic.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Speevy said:
Hopefully reilo has only tasted one?

Yea, and you'll buy Lair and a PS3 without reading any reviews of the game when it hits store shelves in August.

Tobor

Karma Kramer said:
Does Microsoft think that will make people think the 360 is suddenly more durable/reliable?

When it red rings, you just hide it in the corner until the shields recharge.

SleazyC

Slavik81 said:
Anybody who buys it for $349.99 will regret it when the holiday bundles come around. I picked mine up for $299.99 last Christmas. I can only assume that there'll be ever better ones this year.
Can't stress this enough. I picked up a Premium for $200 last Christmas. Although the game lineup this fall is pretty damn epic so I'm not sure if I myself could wait if I hadn't picked up a 360 at the end of last year.

lips

Slavik81 said:

yeah, so no one buy a 360.

In addition, I would also like to personally guarantee a 360 for $5. (smashy smashy)

Speevy said:
Stupid, stupid move.

Halo 3 is going to send 360s flying off the shelves regardless.

All they did here is weakened the impact for the inevitable drop to $299.

$50 price drops don't work when they bring the machine to the midpoint between two hundred dollar amounts.
To be fair, they just dropped the stupid HDDVD add-on $20, so you can now buy the thing for the great price of $179.99 :eek: and this whopping $50 price cut has come damn near two year of selling at launch price. I don't think these guys care too much about what it really takes to sell their wares in any great amount.

I agree with you though for what ever that's worth.

Pimpwerx

Speevy said:
Stupid, stupid move.

Halo 3 is going to send 360s flying off the shelves regardless.

All they did here is weakened the impact for the inevitable drop to $299.

$50 price drops don't work when they bring the machine to the midpoint between two hundred dollar amounts.
But sales have slowed considerably, and they kinda need a bump. This can give them a nice bump in sales to Halo. Halo will indeed explode this holiday, but how many new systems will it sell in the post-holiday season?

I think this is a good idea. Halo hype could get even bigger due to all those new 360 owners creating a buzz. I see it as a nice attempt at building momentum into a holiday blockbuster. Instead of letting things sort of lull their way there.

Is that a good justification for me being a cheapskate? :D PEACE.

Thoren

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
Does Microsoft think that will make people think the 360 is suddenly more durable/reliable?

Maybe it will make people that havent bought a 360 yet but like halo want one! WHOOP TEE DOO, a special edition of a console, LETS GO BAKE SOME ****ING CAKES.

Pimpwerx

Slavik81 said:
There are so many great 360 games in the library already, and a bunch more coming this holiday. Getting in now will make it that much easier to finish the backlog once Halo starts eating up hours each night. PEACE.

Emiru

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
But sales have slowed considerably, and they kinda need a bump. This can give them a nice bump in sales to Halo. Halo will indeed explode this holiday, but how many new systems will it sell in the post-holiday season?

I think this is a good idea. Halo hype could get even bigger due to all those new 360 owners creating a buzz. I see it as a nice attempt at building momentum into a holiday blockbuster. Instead of letting things sort of lull their way there.

Is that a good justification for me being a cheapskate? :D PEACE.
Halo wont bring in all that many sales this holiday season, most of the people who are going to get halo 3 are 360 owners, yes halo is a big seller, but, halo was a big seller when xbox was at 200 dollars , not 300 dollars.

Emiru said:
Halo wont bring in all that many sales this holiday season, most of the people who are going to get halo 3 are 360 owners, yes halo is a big seller, but, halo was a big seller when xbox was at 200 dollars , not 300 dollars.

might as well close up shop now, because that is what they are betting on

Emiru said:

:lol September NPD is going to shit all over nonbelievers.

rakka

Emiru said:

It is a system seller.

The first two games were a hit amongst casuals as well as core gamers.

Saying most Halo fans already have a 360 is ridiculous.

neptunes

I think a $50 drop is a good idea, it will allow new owners to pick up an additional game or two, which they probably wouldn't have considered before the cut. Overall Tie-Ratio increases, which is probably what MS really wants out of this whole move.

They're publishing quite a few titles this fall, this move will ensure SOME of this 1st party titles move this holiday season.

Emiru

Banned
rakka said:
It is a system seller.

The first two games were a hit amongst casuals as well as core gamers.

Saying most Halo fans already have a 360 is ridiculous.
Casuals cant afford 350 dollars, and dont even try to mention the core, because barely anyone buys them, MS knows this, thats why most of the 360s sold are premiums, and when some one gets a core they usually buy a hdd along with it.

Emiru said:
Casuals cant afford 350 dollars, and dont even try to mention the core, because barely anyone buys them, MS knows this, thats why most of the 360s sold are premiums, and when some one gets a core they usually buy a hdd along with it.

no concrete evidence, that I know of, for either of these opinions...but they are just that

also...PS2, no HDD...basically 40m/40m/40m across three regions...Im sure MS can work something out

Top Bottom