• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 3D |OT| Is that a Monado in your pocket or are you just really feeling it?

TheMoon

I died without looting chests and came back about 25 minutes later and they were still there! That is a fun little thing I didn't know about.

They will still be there next week when you're at the endgame.^^

I don't think I'll do all the quests.

I did some monster quests and by association some material quests.

Also there's no chance to do Heart to Hearts over again is there? Do I miss out on much by screwing them up? I just got the achievement for
having one go as bad as possible.

Also I feel like doing some quests means I won't rush through to the end of the game. I feel like skipping out on exploring or stopping here and there to wipe out the local population of whatever beast I'm sort of missing out on a big part of the game.

They're meant as fun little extras, you can't even do most of them until the game is almost over because you need lots of affinity with everyone. You can't do them over and you don't need to.

Just started the game. Quick question, All the loot I get from battles, should I keep it or sell it?
Once I make it to gaur plains. Is there no way to travel back to c9 with out walking through the entire cave again first? It doesn't seem I can fast travel?

Read OP's Beginner Guide section, please.

Cider

So, was I tripping or did I see a trailer / video somewhere with Shulk fighting Chrom? Is that an amiibo thing too?

TheMoon

Erase the useless characters

tumblr_inline_na28vftgsm1r0m493.gif

Gotta say, having played Xenoblade on the Wii (only up to
going to Colony 6
) and playing it on the N3DS, I appreciate the ability to just close the top screen and play on the go.

Makes those tedious side quests/mini quests all the more convenient to just gloss over and complete at your own discretion.

But man looking at Shulk during cutscenes, you'd think he was hit with an ugly stick.

Aside from the ugly models(up close it's apparent), everything about the scale and large areas that was on the Wii is even more incredible on the smaller screen. Bravo to the dev team that managed to get this ported over.

I also love having a dedicated control scheme as opposed to trying to acclimate myself with the Wiimote.

Rich!

Anyone got a list of where to find the final art manuals? I want to fully level everything up now I'm nearing the endgame.

rjinaz

I died without looting chests and came back about 25 minutes later and they were still there! That is a fun little thing I didn't know about.

Chests don't disappear unless you reach a certain amount of chests left on the ground. They could literally stay there forever as far as I know. I think there is something like a 50 chest limit for those left on the ground and then they start to disappear in order dropped.

Don't quote me on that but it seems to be the case. I have found chests sitting in Tephra cave after 20 hours of gameplay.

TheMoon

Anyone got a list of where to find the final art manuals? I want to fully level everything up now I'm nearing the endgame.

Does this help? (check the Art Books drop rate table)

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Levelling_Battle_Arts

Alternatively:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960564-xenoblade-chronicles/faqs/65244

ADVANCED MANUALS can only usually be found by getting them as drops from
certain monsters. They will only ever appear in the large golden chests, and
usually have abysmally low drop rates, usually hovering around 1-15%.

The best way to find these dropped Manuals is to first find the unique monster
that drops it (I'll tell you what they are below) and lure it away from its
starting location. Now kill it. Unique monsters always drop a gold chest when
felled. Before opening the chest, save your game, then open it. If you don't
get the Manual, reload and repeat until you nab it.

The reason for luring the monster away is that while you're reloading the
monster will eventually respawn. Unique monsters always attack if you're in
range, so it's best to be some distance away from their spawn location if you
want to do your save scumming uninterrupted.

Is there a way to switch characters mid combat?

Is there no way to set markers for side quest?

Like some of the side quest have to be turned in... Like the watch repair... For the life of me i cant find her..

Should i be advancing the story or just doing side quest? Is there a good mix to follow?

TheMoon

Like some of the side quest have to be turned in... Like the watch repair... For the life of me i cant find her..

Should i be advancing the story or just doing side quest? Is there a good mix to follow?

No.

No.

Check the Affinity Chart, look at what time of day the character appears.

Read Beginner Tips in the OP, pls. Don't obsess over sidequests. Do what you come across, leave the rest behind.

No.

No.

Check the Affinity Chart, look at what time of day the character appears.

Read Beginner Tips in the OP, pls. Don't obsess over sidequests. Do what you come across, leave the rest behind.

No waypoints for side quests? Looks like I'm just gonna keep doing story for now until I get used to the game mechanics and world.

Parshias7

You young whippersnappers with your "Xenoblade wikis" and your "in-depth guides." Back in MY day, the only wikis we had were in another language! I had to walk all over Frontier Village, uphill both ways!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh wow, the fact that you don't have to return to quest givers to get your reward is amazing.

Sure, you don't see the NPC's reaction, but they don't have reactions really, so who cares. The little descriptions of the results of completing quests are cool.

CassSept

Oh wow, the fact that you don't have to return to quest givers to get your reward is amazing.

Sure, you don't see the NPC's reaction, but they don't have reactions really, so who cares. The little descriptions of the results of completing quests are cool.

For some perplexing reason the further you are into the game the less common these quests are.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Sometimes you do though, which kinda sucks after doing a bunch that didn't require going back to someone.

El Odio

Banned
So yesterday my game decided to crash for some reason during the cutscene
when Shulk talks to Dunban after the Fiora dies.
I lost barely any progress but found it weird since that was the first time I've ever seen a 3DS game crash. Anyone else have any issues like that?

Rich!

So yesterday my game decided to crash for some reason during the cutscene
when Shulk talks to Dunban after the Fiora dies.
I lost barely any progress but found it weird since that was the first time I've ever seen a 3DS game crash. Anyone else have any issues like that?

No, but have you installed the 1.1 update patch? That was brought out to fix crashing issues.

I'm really bad at chain attacks and I'm at a certain spot that requires the player to proform a chain attack.

I read and understand how to do a chain attack but can't execute it.

Can someone who sucks at it explain how they got past that one part that requires it?

I'm only able to chain 3 moves at the most.

MrPanic

Finally cleared out all the timed sidequests on Bionis Leg. Some of those quest descriptions of where to find something aren't accurate at all, been around the area four times before I found everything.

Exploring areas with overpowered enemies is pretty fun. I was surprised to find spots in those areas that actually anticipate lower leveled players, very cool.

Velcro Fly

I'm really bad at chain attacks and I'm at a certain spot that requires the player to proform a chain attack.

I read and understand how to do a chain attack but can't execute it.

Can someone who sucks at it explain how they got past that one part that requires it?

I'm only able to chain 3 moves at the most.

Use a move from shulk that causes Break and then use the move from Reyn that causes topple. And then if it's the part I think it is just use whatever with the 3rd person.

Overside

Banned

Hit home, go to browser type in the characters name 'desiree' in google, select the link to xenoblade wiki 'character name you want' it will have a section labeled location, with the soecific times of when she will be where. (so as to avoid spoilers, just stay at the location section, it has the info you need), where and when to instantly find the character. (Or use your phone, dont know how well the new 3ds browser works, checked, it works fine as long as you have mobile web sites checked in settingsc)

Teleport, change the time, look at the mini map, go to the red '!'.

Fandangox

For some perplexing reason the further you are into the game the less common these quests are.

It's because this happens with generic quests mostly by non-named NPCs, quests that are likely to become part of a chain or are a bit more complex are given by named NPCs, and you have to return to them for those.

D-Man

So I just encountered my first glitch. I was doing the first Metal Face fight after
Fiora gets killed off
and in the middle of the battle, all of the sound except for the sound effects disappear. No voices, no music, only sound effects. I kept fighting and once I reached a certain point in Metal Face's healthbar, the game goes into a cutscene but freezes as soon as it starts. I had to skip the cutscene, save, and reset my game in order for everything to work again.

I'm still really enjoying the game though. I just wondered why this happened in the first place. I'm a first-time player, btw.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So I just encountered my first glitch. I was doing the first Metal Face fight after
Fiora gets killed off
and in the middle of the battle, all of the sound except for the sound effects disappear. No voices, no music, only sound effects. I kept fighting and once I reached a certain point in Metal Face's healthbar, the game goes into a cutscene but freezes as soon as it starts. I had to skip the cutscene, save, and reset my game in order for everything to work again.

I'm still really enjoying the game though. I just wondered why this happened in the first place. I'm a first-time player, btw.

Did you download the 1.1 patch? You might have to go to the eShop and search for Updates to get it. Not sure if it's related. Music in Colony 9 was stuttering a bit for me, even post patch, but it's the only hiccup I've seen in the game so far.

Fiora gets killed off

Did you download the update?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
LOL Miiverse mods deleted my post of Shulk and Fiora in their undies! Sexually explicit... you guys put it in the game!!!

ULKbzeD.png

Mine also says 1.1 after download from eshop. Haven't had much time to play but I'm happy with the way it looks. What options should I be changing to optimize the camera?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
LOL Miiverse mods deleted my post of Shulk and Fiora in their undies! Sexually explicit... you guys put it in the game!!!

ULKbzeD.png

MiiVerse moderation is really awful. I received a warning launch week of Wii U for saying "Get out of here, Carl." in a ZombiU post referencing TWD. After that, I basically only post the safest stuff and things I want screen caps of. Yet some of the drawings and arts that you think would be moderated go untouched with 500 Yeahs to boot.

D-Man

Did you download the 1.1 patch? You might have to go to the eShop and search for Updates to get it. Not sure if it's related. Music in Colony 9 was stuttering a bit for me, even post patch, but it's the only hiccup I've seen in the game so far.

I downloaded the patch as soon as I put the game inside my N3DS so I don't think it was because of that. Either way, I managed to get out of the glitch, so I'm good now.

MiiVerse moderation is really awful. I received a warning launch week of Wii U for saying "Get out of here, Carl." in a ZombiU post referencing TWD. After that, I basically only post the safest stuff and things I want screen caps of. Yet some of the drawings and arts that you think would be moderated go untouched with 500 Yeahs to boot.

I don't use MiiVerse much. Is there a report post button?

Their system is most likely keyword based and looks for certain words or phrases and takes them down automatically.

I doubt there is a human team actually moderating MiiVerse.Otherwise yeah drawings of suggestive Rule 63 stuff wouldn't make it through.

Use a move from shulk that causes Break and then use the move from Reyn that causes topple. And then if it's the part I think it is just use whatever with the 3rd person.

Ok.. it seems that I've been reading too much into it. I could have sworn that thing resisted my break the only time I tried the chain attack.

Thanks for the input. I'll try it when I get home.

Top Bottom