• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
It's such a very sad commentary on Nintendo that they have a great game they own the rights to and a wide-open release schedule on a platform with a massive install base, yet it's such a big-ass surprise to everyone when they announce they'll actually be doing something with it.

And that even when a game is announced to be getting an English translation, the world's biggest market for videogames (who uses English!) is still left doubtful and pessimistic on their chances of seeing a release too.

I think the title gives away that there's probably going to be a US release too. If this was a NoE only sort of thing, they'd have just called it "Xenoblade".

Now then, how about Reginliev?

kiryogi

Banned
dual audio nice :eek: Almost would double dip here... but don't think I could ever replay this game again. Sorta like Xenogears, its so goddamn big and long. That said, I wouldn't get my hopes up for NoA considering track record.

Fritz

lunchwithyuzo said:
If this was a NoE only sort of thing, they'd have just called it "Xenoblade".

There is certainly hope left for the US but THIS is NOT one of the reasons why. lol.

Rich!

RPGCrazied said:
I don't know how to do all that. I don't want to brick my Wii if I mess up. :( I just want it to come to my side of the pond.

You're just as likely to win the lottery (even though you didn't even buy a ticket) as you are bricking your wii when installing the homebrew channel and region free.

It takes literally about 5 minutes, and is as simple as shoving some stuff on an SD card and following the instructions in the neogaf wii homebrew wiki. Took me five minutes, and guess what? Best thing I've ever done with the Wii - region free and emulation have really given it tons more playtime than it would have had otherwise.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh, so this game finally got localised. Now to see what the fuss is all aboooOOOOH HOLY SHIT THAT TRAILER

Cwarrior

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

tear-gif.2870

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Awesome news (for some of you). Maybe a good sign.

Does "Chronicles" mean they are setting this up for a franchise?
Chronicles by connotation means, ya know, more than one, uh tale. Maybe.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
ivysaur12 said:
Fuck it, this is the game that's gonna make me mod my Wii.

Fuck you, NOA. You rule, NOE.

Can people just relax? This is coming to America. It's already on the release list.

Fritz

Ushojax said:
Can people just relax? This is coming to America. It's already on the release list.

Ask Father_Brain about this

But seriously, since modding is so easy it is a day for all of us to celebrate, game?

desu

Durante said:
Any J-GAFer or importer know how well this runs in Dolphin?

It ran very well back at release, Dolphin has probably increased a lot in the last 6+ months. Also there seems to be a special build just for Xenoblade.

Here are some quick samples from the jp xenoblade thread I took back at release:

Rich!

Ushojax said:

Duke Nukem Forever was on the release list for 12 years.

Extreme example there, but you see what I mean.

FoneBone

Nuclear Muffin said:
The Japanese version of Disaster had English voices. There was no additional cost involved with doing English voices for the European version.

This is different though, the Japanese Xenoblade does not have English voices. There is a large cost involved in localisation and it would be incredibly unlikely that they would release it in Europe and not the US.

Put it this way, Nintendo have never released a voice heavy game in only one non Japanese region. It would be an incredible waste to do so.
This does make sense... but still, no faith in NoA at this point.

RPGCrazied

Well, it has a lot of text, and if most of that is voiced, then surely it would come to America. How many huge jRPG's like this have an all European voice cast? I can't even think of any big name voice actors over there, course I don't live there either.

kiryogi

Banned
All these points are logical... Something NoA doesn't follow, at least in a core gamer sense. Honestly, you guys are grasping a bit at the straws there with thinking this and that as if NoA follows some manner or logic.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Ooh, looks like it's time to dust off, and hack my Wii. This looks a billion times more appealing than Skyward Sword as far as Wii titles go, for me.

Bulzeeb

FoneBone said:
This does make sense... but still, no faith in NoA at this point.

yeah, NOA has let me down so many times that I actually be surprised if they do something good for a change

Sadist

RPGCrazied said:
Well, it has a lot of text, and if most of that is voiced, then surely it would come to America. How many huge jRPG's like this have an all European voice cast? I can't even think of any big name voice actors over there, course I don't live there either.
We don't. Most of the time we receive the "American" cast and in several countries it gets dubbed. (Like in Germany, France, Spain, Italy) Don't know if those voice actors are famous in their own countries.

creid

desu said:
It ran very well back at release, Dolphin has probably increased a lot in the last 6+ months. Also there seems to be a special build just for Xenoblade.

Here are some quick samples from the jp xenoblade thread I took back at release:
Wow, looks awesome. Think I might go the Dolphin route if I have to import.

Shiggy said:
Shouldn't come as a surprise to NeoGAF users...
Should we... erm.... expect any more news about this game?

Luigiv

Hell yeah, Will get! Hopefully I won't have to import, though with the whole Sin and Punishment debacle, I don't trust Nintendo Australia.

Bulzeeb said:
yeah, NOA has let me down so many times that I actually be surprised if they do something good for a change
Pretty much this, but then again Nintendo as a whole is screwed up.

It would be easy for any other company to let someone else publish titles like Disaster and now Xenoblade (since it has English localization) into North America, but it's never going to happen because it's fucking Nintendo.

Portugeezer

desu said:

Geezus!

What specs do you need? I have quad core 3.2Ghz, Radeon HD 5850, 8 GB ram, 900p monitor.

Fritz

okay guys, here is a link to Bebpo's incredible review on this. Thanks again Bebpo and I hope you're fine with me posting this.

Top Bottom