• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

desu

EuropeOG said:
Geezus!

What specs do you need? I have quad core 3.2Ghz, Radeon HD 5850, 8 GB ram, 900p monitor.

Played it on a Q6600 @2,4GHhz, 275 GTX and 6GB Ram back then. So you should be pretty good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am sure even if NoA puts a press release out later today saying they are also localizing this game, it won't stop the cry babies who complain about every Nintendo game that doesn't get announced for the US right off the bat.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I really wanted to play this too. I've read all of Bebpo's and a few others impressions, and it looked like a perfect JRPG for me.

Kusagari

Drkirby said:
I am sure even if NoA puts a press release out later today saying they are also localizing this game, it won't stop the cry babies who complain about every Nintendo game that doesn't get announced for the US right off the bat.

And what if they never announce it for the US?

RPGCrazied

is dolphin region free? I'll import then, if not to costly. I have a new computer, surely I can run it.

AMD Phenom II X6, 1090T 3.2 - 6gigs of DDR3, HD Radeon 5770 1GB.

Am I good?

NoE-does what Regg-ten-don't.

Banjoman said:
eu-flag.jpg

EU-RO-PA! EU-RO-PA!

I'll drink to this!

desu

RPGCrazied said:
is dolphin region free? I'll import then, if not to costly. I have a new computer, surely I can run it.

Am I good?

Dolphin doesn't care about regions. Rig looks pretty ok. No clue how well AMD cpus work together with Dolphin.

wsippel

Banned
RPGCrazied said:

Am I good?
It's region free, but you need a way to get the game on your computer. Typically a modded Wii. Since you need to mod your Wii anyway, you can then play the game on whichever system you want.

Drkirby said:

If NoA want people to not bitch about how they don't localize any games, they should try localizing some games sometime!

WillyFive

Canova said:
So why is Europe getting more variety in games, and yet NA got stuck with shooters, dudebro games?

Taste. Plain and simple.

People in NA prefer those types of games, just like people in Japan prefer their types of games.

DaBuddaDa

Canova said:
So why is Europe getting more variety in games, and yet NA got stuck with shooters, dudebro games?
Their market research probably shows that games such as *enter-non-localized-game-here* is not desirable and won't sell well in North America.

apana

Holy shit, just two days ago I had a dream that Xenoblade was being localized and it had a "chronicles" in the title. I hope this shows up in the US. I think sales will surprise people, this is one of those games that has a lot of buzz built up on the internet and appeals beyond just a traditional RPG base.

Kusagari

Nintendo also seems to believe that Europe is more open to 'quirky' games which they most likely consider Xenoblade. The whole massive hatred of Tingle in America might have turned them off from releasing anything weird here.

RPGCrazied

Willy105 said:
People in NA prefer those types of games, just like people in Japan prefer their types of games.

This somehow makes me feel ashamed to be an American. :lol I don't like those games. :( Some are an exception, but really not shooters. Like Fallout or RE games.

Go_Ly_Dow

I just remembered that the Wii is region locked so if this was announced for NA and not Europe I would've been so pissed off.

Hopefully NA GAF get it asap. I know how annoying it can be.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Since it's being dubbed in English, NoA would have to be mad to not release it in the US. The most expensive part of the localisation is done. It's almost certainly coming to you folks.

In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the precedent of a Xeno game being announced for European release first. Being from the UK, I paid $120 to import Xenogears, and spent countless hours pursuing a region lock work-around in order to play the Saga trilogy on PS2.

The only game with the "Xeno" brand that actually ever had an official release here was Xenosaga Episode II. Hardly the greatest first impression of the series for Europe - but let's hope Xenoblade sells on positive word-of-mouth.

JohnB

Fritz said:
okay guys, here is a link to Bebpo's incredible review on this. Thanks again Bebpo and I hope you're fine with me posting this.

Ta muchly, just been reading through the thread for a pointer to a review.

J.

Bulzeeb

Kusagari said:
Nintendo also seems to believe that Europe is more open to 'quirky' games which they most likely consider Xenoblade. The whole massive hatred of Tingle in America might have turned them off from releasing anything weird here.

Hey Tingle was a really weird game, xenoblade is a good looking jrpg >_>

apana

heringer said:
I wonder if they will call it Monado if it's released here.

Well Xenoblade has blade in the title, I think that's probably more appealing. Or they could just call it Wii RPG.

Thank fucking god I'll be able to play this in English. Get your shit together NOA and bring this to NA too so I don't have to bother importing.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
DaBuddaDa said:
Their market research probably shows that games such as *enter-non-localized-game-here* is not desirable and won't sell well in North America.

It's not like these games sell well in Europe. They all bomb, Last Window, Another Code, Disaster, whatever. Obviously this will bomb too but that shouldn't stop Nintendo. I hate it when they release an inevitable flop like Jam with the Band or Tingle in Europe but won't even give them a go in America.

Owzers

Cataferal said:
Since it's being dubbed in English, NoA would have to be mad to not release it in the US. The most expensive part of the localisation is done. It's almost certainly coming to you folks.

Let's not underestimate NOA's ability to not care about releasing videogames.

Cow Mengde said:
You got Terranigma!
Need I even start with what North America got? :p
Okay, Terranigma outweighs it.

Zwei said:
Except that importing and playing games across different regions is easy as pie now. :)
It's not like I meant it perfectly serious. ;)

apana said:
Or they could just call it Wii RPG.
Or just exchange the covers with those of Wii Play.

krYlon

Canova said:

I wish this really were the case, but Europe usually gets the worst deal. No Strange Journey, Devil Survivor, Retro Game Challenge, Jeanne D'arc, 999, Etrian Odyssey 2&3 etc etc

Good thing portables are region free...
oh no 3DS!!

Mael

Cow Mengde said:
You got Terranigma!

You don't want to start this....
I mean you got FFI/II/III, SMRPG, Chrono Trigger, Romancing Saga, Saga Frontier, Legend of Mana and quite a few others

Top Bottom