• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked my not-preordered copy from Gamestop...they had something like 6 extra copies outside of preorders. Still going to keep my Nintendo.com preorder so I have one sealed.

Korigama

Picked up my pre-order, got the artbook. No idea how many more books they might have had, but mine was the only one I saw when I got it.

jjasper

why is it going up? its not like its limited edition or anything.

That's exactly what it is. The price will only go up from here.

Anyway I wish I knew you could have just preordered this in a store. For some reason I thought it was online only and I stupidly thought it would have been smarter to order directly from Nintendo thinking they would send them out when they shipped to the stores. Oh well I wouldn't be able to play it anyway till next Saturday so I guess I will wait till Tuesday or Wednesday to see if Nintendo ships it before I cancel and switch it to gamestop.

Walked to gamestop and arrived at 10:04. Picked up the artbook and my game!! Sweeeet. Then I had to go to the supermarket and buy toilet paper ( white gold ). I just came back and I'm ready to play. I like the artbook. I'm a happy panda!!! :)

TDLink

I canceled my nintendo pre order because it was backordered. Not dealing with that bullshit. I'll just play my EU copy.

Wat. If you already have the EU copy to play why do you even care if you have the US version today or later? I mean double dipping to support the game doesn't require you get your second copy on day one. Regardless, you CAN walk into a gamestop today and get it no preorder necessary.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I had better be able to find a copy today without a pre-order. I've got a long weekend starting today, and I wanna get my Xenoblade on.

Carnby

If you guys move fast, you should be able to get a copy at Game Stop without a pre-order. My local store had eight extra copies.

TDLink

How is this Limited. Gamestop.com is still selling it.

It's limited in the sense that the production run will be small and only sold at Gamestop and Nintendo.com (although some Mom and Pops seem to have gotten their hands on some as well). No one knows when another print will happen (I would assume it would be largely dependent on how well this one does).

My order changed from "backordered" to "pending" on Nintendo.com.

GameStop here has 4 extra non-reserved copies. I'M HEADING DOWN TO GAMESTOP.

Wat. If you already have the EU copy to play why do you even care if you have the US version today or later? I mean double dipping to support the game doesn't require you get your second copy on day one. Regardless, you CAN walk into a gamestop today and get it no preorder necessary.

Because if they can't be assed to ship on release day, I can't be assed to spend 60$ on something I already own.

Oh and yeah I had to call. Follow prompts for "part" orders.

TDLink

Because if they can't be assed to ship on release day, I can't be assed to spend 60$ on something I already own.

Oh and yeah I had to call. Follow prompts for "part" orders.

They said from the beginning that orders from Nintendo.com would be shipping out later than just buying at gamestop. They actually moved it up (I believe the date for nintendo.com orders was originally april 27th).

I just left GS. I preordered my copy on March 1st but my friend checked inventory and they even had copies to reserve and then pick up. The woman opened up a pack of four copies.

Got the art book too. Excitement!

Yeah, I don't understand the price premium for the game on ebay already (even without the artbook). Can't you still buy it at MSRP from gamestop.com or nintendo.com?

Just came back from GameStop. Their in-store online pre-order didn't show up on my store's system, but the guy gave me a copy of an artbook anyways. Today's a good day!!

Volcynika

Yeah, bought a copy at GameStop (they had 4 extra copies) and got home. Checked my order at Nintendo and it was 'pending.' Sent an email to try and cancel, but if not, I can hand it off to my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom