• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwShucks

Never got the call from Gamestop and so I called them. One more art book left and she was hesitant to let me have it despite my December 5 pre-order. Why do I do business with this organization?

Because it was the lesser of two evils in this case. The other evil being Nintendo who for some crazy reason decided they would wait until tons of fan backlash before bringing over a largely desired JRPG that seems to be doing very well.

I hated giving Gamestop my money...but if not for them we might not have the game. Who knows how much money they had to give Nintendo to convince them to release the game here.

Codeblue

Gamestop's reputation with pre-order junk is why I never switched my order over. It's not all stores, but mine in particular never gets anything in even if there's a massive advertisement on the door.

It's nothing worth getting worked up about though, I mean, it's not like it was the book they were giving away in France. Now that was an art book.

No longer available for in-store pickup when ordering at gamestop.com?

Ugh. Amazon has spoiled me with its free shipping and no sales tax. $60? Xenoblade is going to cost me as much as a full tank of gas now. :(

Got my copy but no art book. No big deal, really. It would have been nice to have but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I didn't have it pre-ordered, just walked into Gamestop and asked for a copy at lunch time in the area where I work. Also asked if they had any extra art books, but the guy opened his drawer, looked around and said, "No, sorry." But he said if he got any more in, he'd hold it for me. The guy is cool, he even remembers my first name every time I come in. I have a feeling they didn't get any in yet, so if they get them later there's a good chance I'll get one. But still, no big deal either way.

Alchemy

No longer available for in-store pickup when ordering at gamestop.com?

Ugh. Amazon has spoiled me with its free shipping and no sales tax. $60? Xenoblade is going to cost me as much as a full tank of gas now. :(

I guarantee you'll get more hours of enjoyment out of the $60 spent on a game, so don't be that sad.

Somnia

I preordered the same day preorders opened, GameStop supposedly didn't get any artbooks.

Not to defend the stores who may have possibly "kept" the preorder items, but I will say I didn't get my art books till today when UPS arrived and we already had 4 pick ups at that point so they had to come back to get the book.

The prices on ebay are pretty insane. Some of them are horribly inflated ($129? Really?), but it does make me wonder how limited this game ends up being. Probably a lot like Metroid Prime Trilogy.

MrDaravon

The prices on ebay are pretty insane. Some of them are horribly inflated ($129? Really?), but it does make me wonder how limited this game ends up being. Probably a lot like Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Yeah, I just looked and COMPLETED auctions are mostly consistently $25-30 for just the artbook, and $75-80 for the game and artbook together. I'm always fascinated to see how these things go, I could see the market totally falling out on this quickly, but I could also see it not depending on what kind of stock or restock the game gets.

bumpkin

My order went from pending earlier today to preparing to ship now. Would hope it would ship today, but if not I guess it will go out Monday. Not bad considering I preordered last weekend.
Your post gave me hope, but then I checked on my order and the status hasn't changed. I blame my decision to go for the CCP bundle instead of just the game. *sigh*

On the train home and will be stopping by GS to pick-up my game. Trading in two Vita games towards it.

Hopefully they have the books in stock once I get my copy...

Chris R

Your post gave me hope, but then I checked on my order and the status hasn't changed. I blame my decision to go for the CCP bundle instead of just the game. *sigh*

That might be the case, since I only bought the game. Already have a CCP (to use if I play the game on my Wii and not on my PC via Dolphin).

bumpkin

That might be the case, since I only bought the game. Already have a CCP (to use if I play the game on my Wii and not on my PC via Dolphin).
As if my order not moving isn't bad enough, I just got an email a few minutes ago; "The ultimate RPG experience. Only on Wii." with an advert and link at the bottom for the bundle I'm waiting for them to ship.

BASTARDS!

Well, Nintendo emailed me saying my copy shipped. Better late than never, I suppose. But hey, at least it gives the GF and me some more Kirby RtDL time.

Did anyone get the special bundle version with the classic controller included? I love how I get an email from Nintendo today letting me know about its existence the day of its release, it being only available from Nintendo's online store after already ordering it online from GS. bah

NoRéN

Got my copy with the artbook without having to ask. They didn't make me sell my soul or anything. Looks like I just have good luck with gamestop.

Busaiku

I think the clerk that reminded me to pick up my book mentioned that only like the first 10 or so preorders at my store got artbooks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone get the special bundle version with the classic controller included? I love how I get an email from Nintendo today letting me know about its existence the day of its release, it being only available from Nintendo's online store after already ordering it online from GS. bah

It's not really a "special bundle version." It's just a copy of the game and also a CC Pro on the side, not any special packaging or limited edition or anything like that.

Well, I am glad my Wii backlog has 4 games in it, or I might be pissed that Nintendo didn't make enough copies ot even send mine out in the first shipment. I pre-ordered in February! Man, I bet Nintendo really thought no one was going to buy this game. NOA is clueless.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well, I am glad my Wii backlog has 4 games in it, or I might be pissed that Nintendo didn't make enough copies ot even send mine out in the first shipment. I pre-ordered in February! Man, I bet Nintendo really thought no one was going to buy this game. NOA is clueless.

This is a good thing, is it not?

LiK

it boggles my mind that they weren't prepared for preorders that were placed ahead for weeks. i'm glad i cancled with them as soon as i heard about the artbook at GS.

It's not really a "special bundle version." It's just a copy of the game and also a CC Pro on the side, not any special packaging or limited edition or anything like that.

Is it now? They certainly worded it in the email as if to give the impression that it came in a limited edition box set.

LiK

Is it now? They certainly worded it in the email as if to give the impression that it came in a limited edition box set.

he's right, i have the UK CE and it's really just in a big box with the normal game and CC Pro. nothing special aside from that. it's nothing like The Last Story LE. the controller is nice tho.

zroid

Banned
I think Nintendo just underestimated people's hesitance to order from GameStop. It's quite clear that they did not want to handle direct orders, if possible. NOA's probably not adequately staffed to handle this sudden influx of game orders; they must have their hands full with Club Nintendo and repairs as it is.

Drager

Banned

No, it's just for people that don't already have a CC Pro.

My NOA order status says "Preparing Order". I had to call NOA Customer Service today because the card I had used to place the order a couple months ago wasn't active anymore. They canceled it and I had to re-order it so hopefully didn't lose my place in line. I did not want to buy this from Gamestop unless I absolutely had to. Hate them.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
he's right, i have the UK CE and it's really just in a big box with the normal game and CC Pro. nothing special aside from that. it's nothing like The Last Story LE. the controller is nice tho.

The US version isn't even like that. The US version is literally just a normally packaged copy of the game and also the normal packaging for the CC Pro. It's basically just you ordering two different items simultaneously, nothing more. At least that's what their customer support said.

AniHawk

got mine. now all i have to do is schedule about 50 hours to play this thing somehow.

i'm thinking 50 nights of one hour a day over the next 25 weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom