• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka-Laylee |OT| Reptile Rolling in the 90’s

Sponge

Banned
Amazing OT, Camjo! Been waiting for a game like this for what feels like forever. Can't believe I'm finally going to play it tonight.

ryushe

I totally get the criticisms this game is getting, but I freaking love collectathons, so this will be a day one for me....... Once the Switch version is out.

Still gonna wait for my switch version, hopefully any patches or gameplay tweaks they make based upon feedback are in that version day 1.

reKon

Banned
Wow. I'm really disappointed that consoles aren't at 60FPS. I would have just gotten PC instead if I thought that this would be an issue.

Can't wait to play this. By the sounds of reviews, this game is right up my alley as a massive Banjo Tooie fan. I can't wait to get lost in the massive worlds!

This will be the longest day of work ever. My PS4 copy is sitting on my console downloaded and ready to go at home...

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

deleted

I'm not sure I'll really play it on PC but since I couldn't change my code to a Switch version, I'm undecided if I'm gonna sell it and wait or just play it.

BigEmil

It is. All console versions are capped at 30fps and Playtonic gave a very non-committal answer when asked about Pro support back in February:

The best you're going to get on the Pro -- for now, at least -- is a more consistent 30fps when using Boost Mode.
If they can't bother atleast doing something for Pro version then i wont bother getting this game then, well maybe until it's super cheap

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If they can't bother atleast doing something for Pro version then i wont bother getting this game then, well maybe until it's super cheap

It might not be in Playtonic's hands, depending on whether Unity supports this.

Harmen

Wait, what, I don't have a pro but I always thought a pro mode (in whatever shape or form) mas mandatory following the pro console's release.

(I don't blame smaller devs like Playtonic on a tight budget for not prioritizing it though)

shiyrley

Banned
Wait, what, I don't have a pro but I always thought a pro mode (in whatever shape or form) mas mandatory following the pro console's release.
Do you think Sony would say to Playtonic "either you have pro support for your game made in a engine that doesn't support the pro or you don't release the game"?

It's probably an exception. If Unity updates the engine with Pro support can they update the Unity version the game is running in? Honest question, I don't know if that can be easily done.
So unity is limited to 1080p? or 30fps?
Is my sentence that complex?
Unity doesn't support PS4 Pro's extra hardware.

Semajer

I think question two is wrong. Pretty sure the transformation it's asking about can happen randomly at any point in the game. Unless it's referring to the whole series and not just the first game.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
It's probably an exception. If Unity updates the engine with Pro support can they update the Unity version the game is running in? Honest question, I don't know if that can be easily done.

If it is the same Unity version, just with added PS4 Pro support, likely yes. Otherwise it could get really messy. Updating to a new version number can break all kinds of things. Of course it is possible, but it would be a lot of work.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think Sony would say to Playtonic "either you have pro support for your game made in a engine that doesn't support the pro or you don't release the game"?

Is my sentence that complex?
Unity doesn't support PS4 Pro's extra hardware.

I've never heard that before. Do you have a source? There are definitely Unity games with Pro support

Looking forward to trying this when I get settled from relocating. Of course my physical backer rewards are going to an address I don't live at anymore and I'm about to move cross country so finding out where my items are with zero tracking information is going to be just dandy. I may end up losing my £100 tier rewards. :( Have any US backers been receiving their items? How do they come?

Preordered on PS4. $34 after Prime Savings is good for me. I'm a bit bummed the Switch version isn't on Amazon but this will be a good adventure to play between Zelda.

Anyone else having issues downloading this to their PS4 via the website? Are we suppose to be able to download the full game already if we are a kickstarter?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Backer code just arrived on PS4 and have started the download. My optimism is diminished, but we shall see.

Anyone else having issues downloading this to their PS4 via the website? Are we suppose to be able to download the full game already if we are a kickstarter?

Got an email with a redemption code and it started the download as normal on my end through PSN. Email was in my inbox when I woke this morning.

Edit: Oh cool, I can actually start playing it right now!

Just finished the toybox demo. Great controls, but the camera can get annoying at times. Really looking forward to the final game though. Hopefully the stuttering will be fixed, but it's Unity so probably not...

Top Bottom