• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can only choose one system to play for the rest of your life, which one?

n3DS easily. for now. after a few years with the Switch I'm sure I'd say that instead.

also it would have those amazing glow in the dark boo cover plates that I cant justify spending money on.

Without a doubt PC. Even without emulation it has games across all "generations" of consoles on top of having an awesome exclusives library.

watdaeff4

PS4. It's been my favorite PS system so far. I'm one of the few but I think this gen has been fantastic.

SNES is my runner-up.

Weebos

Banned
Assuming emulation doesn't include backwards compatibility: 3DS.

If it does then PC might be the way to go, might still end up with 3DS though.

Tabasco

PC.

I've met too many people playing games on there to turn that down as my leading platform.

Also, let's not forget the convenience of keyboard and mouse, plus the capability to use controllers.

I actually just noticed this the other day while looking at my Wii U library and then checking VC. Outside of LBW, BoTW, Oracles and 4 Swords you can play pretty much all of them. I was shocked. I may be missing one or two, but seriously you can play damn near every one.
BoTW for Wii U is out now.

Wii U is my answer. It is also a Wii including Wii VC. Think about it for a moment.

WiiU

I can play the excellent Wii U library and all Wii games plus most important VC games

This can change if i can go to the future and see how Switch ends up

Original 60 Gb PlayStation 3. Backwards compatible with PS1 and 2 games. Let's go.

I'm German, so:

GIF-Okay-OK-Agree-Agreeing-Yep-Aw-yeah-Yeah-Fuck-yeah-yes-nod-Christoph-Waltz-nodding-GIF.gif

mazillion

OP did say no emulation. So I would also go with 60GB orig PS3 if we are talking consoles and n3DS XL for handhelds.

Even without emulation though the catalog of games absolutely dwarfs any console. Steam alone has like 15,000 games, AFAIK the PS2 has the most games of any console at ~2500 games.

Even if you take away all the Indie games on Steam it's still like 5,000 games. Then consider GOG, Uplay, Origin, and however many games that aren't offered on any digital storefront. It's a lot.

Someone would have to be really passionate about certain console exclusives to pick a console over a PC, which is fine if they are.

I'd pick PC but i'd definitely miss Nintendo games.

OP did say no emulation. So I would also go with 60GB orig PS3 if we are talking consoles and n3DS XL for handhelds.

Even no emulation, have you seen the Steam catalog? Shit, it's got games from every generation, not emulated. Plus, throw in Xbox One and Steam controller support, and wow.

The PC shouldn't have been an option, because it's just not fair. Shit last night I purchased the Sega Dreamcast package from Steam for $5.99. It does it all, without emulation.

Upinsmoke

PC but it's not exactly a fair fight, one constantly evolving platform vs consoles which run for a few years and then that's it. If we were talking consoles then 60GB ps3

FLAguy954

PC (running emulators of x console I feel like playing)

PC without a doubt.

PC. I mean, obviously.

Steam could keep me busy for the rest of my life.

PC no question.

PC...

... is there really any competition?

Obviously PC since it's constantly evolving and has emulators for consoles and just gets more and more popular with more love from the devs.

PC, thanks.

Pc is an obvious answer, unless that is excluded. Emulation is the answer.

PC, i mean a console will eventually die and stop getting games, pc not only will always get games but it can even emulate consoles, so is there really any other answer?

PC is the only sane answer.

Heard it hear first folks, choose sanity.

This is just a sample of the first page but yes, you all are making me proud.

PC is the best answer here.

-Ryn

Banned
PC but if I had to choose a console... probably the 360. For as much fun as I've had playing Nintendo consoles, I know I've had the most fun on the Xbox 360.

Fredrik

PC, even without emulators.

PC, even without upgrades since you can play old games with fantastic performance and can scale things back and play new games too.

Kenaras

PC.

I mean, if the choice was "PC" or "every console ever made," maybe I'd have to think about it. But PC versus any single console? That's not even a question.

Top Bottom