• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You won't believe what happened to this undocumented Trump supporter

"Everything that he’s said against immigrants — it’s not that I’m in favor, but bad people don’t belong here,” Ramirez said. “In order to make America great, you have to have people contributing to this country.”

Oh honey. You don't get to decide who's bad and who stays.

This concept of pulling up the ladder after you've climbed itnthat you sometimes see with immigrants (no less illegal) baffles me. Like it's so selfish. Believing in god isn't a 'get out of jail' card for your stupid actions.

What's the difference?

What's with this silly comment?

HAHA LOOK HOW FUNNY IT IS SAYING RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE MENTALLY ILL!

I'm sure you can all enlighten us into becoming more intelligent like yourselves.

Apt101

I saw this on Reddit. The guy says he's deeply religious and good and all that so he's republican - you know, the party that is against everything good and samaritan and noble.

I really dislike saying (well, writing) this, but he deserves it. He's a hypocrite and woefully ignorant. Maybe this will teach his family something, at least.

It won't. They'll vote republican again next election.

keikaku.jpg

norm9

His daughter will be fine.

I grew up evangelical and my father pushed me to support Orange Shitstain. All of that indoctrination gets knocked out of you pretty quickly once you are exposed to other people.

It'd be great if this was true, but knowing the stupidity of people...

Is it really necessary to have sympathy for people like this?

That "when they go low, we go high" statement really messed up our abilities to feel good about being petty.

Future

Anyone that mentions "gods plan" I immediately lose respect for. It's not that believing that god has a plan is wrong, it's the implication that you couldn't have changed an outcome because of it

I could have vaccinated my kid, but when he died of measles it was gods plan

I don't believe in birth control, but it was gods plan that I have 8 kids

I don't believe in medicine, but it was gods plan my Mother died of stroke

I love trump, but it was gods plan I get deported and be separated from my family

The fact that no only this gets said, but gets said with an implied large audience of support is just baffling

I don't understand it. He's mentally sick and I don't mean that as a joke.

I wonder how many people of color (especially black people) would vote for a politician who wants to bring back slavery.

I know there are some out there.

I don't understand it. He's mentally sick and I don't mean that as a joke.

I wonder how many people of color (especially black people) would vote for a politician who wants to bring back slavery.

I know there are some out there.
Any candidate that came out supporting slavery would win the election in a landslide

They would just think it means only blacks would go back to being slaves, hispanics/asians would be perfectly fine

_Ryo_

Tragic. But supported this so I can't really feel too bad for him.

I feel bad for his family that are sane though.

mj1108

There should be a study about how the Republican Party is able to manipulate people with one 3 letter word GOD. What is their secret?

Their secret is that they aren't really religious. They merely use religion as a vehicle to get voters to support their backwards agenda.

In other words, these religious zealots are gullible fools and the GOP knows it.

As for the guy, I have zero sympathy for him. He voted for this.

Mariolee

Shrugs I just don't see the difference. My bad.

There is definitely an issue with the way Evangelical Christians in the U.S. have been conducting themselves by pushing policies that go against the very religion they practice. However, your statement specifically is a load of horseshit.

Speaking as someone who helps with the actually mentally ill in my clinic, to equivilate religion in general to mental illnesses such as depression or schizophrenia is not only offensive to the religious but to those suffering under these disorders as well. Then to flaunt your ignorance proudly on a video game forum is even more pathetic.

PSqueak

Banned
Ramirez believes that going to immigration detention is part of God’s plan for him.

Yes, God's plan to show him he is a complete idiot and an asshole who has a lot tho think about on his way to a country he probably hates.

It's sad enough when a legal immigrant, or a person who might be mistaken for one (ie. brown) is a Trump supporter. For an illegal immigrant to think Trump "didn't mean me" is off-the-charts stupid.

Yeah, he means you. AND your daughter.

Astral Dog

He played the part now he is not needed how dumb
the worst is he would vote Trump again if given the chance

The really crazy part is that he's still drinking the Kool-Aid. Maybe once he's deported he might have an epiphany, but seeing how dumb he is, I doubt it.

Serve him right.

It's funny he still don't blame the guy his family voted for his issue, he seems to genuinely think it's a mistake somehow.

LakeEarth

The really crazy part is that he's still drinking the Kool-Aid. Maybe once he's deported he might have an epiphany, but seeing how dumb he is, I doubt it.

He won't. I remember a choice quote from the Trump-supporting wife of an illegal immigrant who was getting deported. She said "I wish I had not voted at all". Not "I should've voted for Hillary", or "I should've voted democrat", oh no, that wasn't even an option.

Top Bottom