• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtube terminated jamesnintendonerd (AVGN) account?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Has James ever even acknowledged Irate Gamer? Seems like a very one-sided "rivalry"

James has been asked, but he always brushes off the question noting he's not worth bringing up.
Mike has been pretty vocal about him in the past. I think he's stopped now though.

G-Fex

It's controversial because people are loud, they're angry, and they want to find reasons to bitch and moan. This seemed perfect.

Whenever I see someone complain about an actual competent reviewer, I laugh knowing they're still leagues ahead of the Irate Gamer (and many others but that's another story).

Also, here's some fun facts.
IG often does contests where subscribers (not fans, subscribers) have to spam the video with "Pick Me" in the hopes of winning a prize. Rarely it's something decent like an iPod Nano or codes to the XBLA/PSN Burger Time game, but most of the time it's his own merchandise that obviously doesn't sell. He's actually complained that people are entering and NOT subscribed. It's obvious bait since subscribers = views and views = money.
And despite this, he still made a "parody" of "e-begging" where he mocked James, then proceeded to call him out for disabling comments even though if you look at most of his videos, the comments are disabled. Dat hypocrisy.

hahaha i just remember how he disabled comments on a lot of his videos.

Hilarious.

This thread is now the unofficial Irate Gamer OT

camelpope

Neo Member
A man called Greg Pabich wanted to release an "official' version of Cheetahmen II, he used Kickstarter to help fund it. He asked the Nerd, the Game Chasers, and Pat the NES Punk to help make a silly video promoting it. It was put on James channel (as well as Pat's) and since he's the most famous of the three, people started calling him a "scammer", an "e-begger" and all sorts of names. A lot of people didn't bother to research and thought James was getting the money. Mike had to do a shit-ton of damage control, right down to disabling the comments.

Before that though, James himself started an IndieGoGo for the movie. His goal was $50k, but by the end fans donated 325k. Some people were furious that despite reaching the goal, it kept going. Makes me wonder what these people think of the Double Fine Kickstarter exceeding its goal in a few hours.

One user called "TheArchfiend" took advantage of this, and like Fox News made multiple videos with distorted facts and lies. They reek of bitter jealousy.

His argument is basically the same as any normal conspiracy theorist.

Necron

Taken from the AVGN thread:

avgn_sports2wfjfm.gif

Hope he gets his youtube channel back. I wonder what got his account terminated...

On a side note: have we actually got a classic game room thread?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Irate Gamer is not funny. Seriously, there are better channels out there in the youtube land.
Yup, his Back to the Future NES review is terrible. He copied James down to a T, even resorting to cut and paste clips of the movie (which are so badly chosen and edited it doesn't even fit the category "so bad it's good").

He's like a bad joke gone wrong. I don't like him at all. Seriously, is there someone out there who actually likes and enjoys his videos?

G-Fex

Yup, his Back to the Future NES review is terrible. He copied James down to a T, even resorting to cut and paste clips of the movie (which are so badly chosen and edited it doesn't even fit the category "so bad it's good").

He's like a bad joke gone wrong. I don't like him at all. Seriously, is there someone out there who actually likes and enjoys his videos?

wq9Mr.jpg

BatDan

Most of his fans seem to be little kids, kids that are too young to be watching his curse-laden material. Granted, even with the cursing, the jokes and reviews are written like he's talking down to a child.
Also, his own mother. I am not kidding, look up "LadyBuggin777".

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
This is why these "professional" internet reviewers use Blip primarily. I thought YouTube was their secondary hosting place like RedLetterMedia. They put their main stuff on Blip but occasionally put stuff on YouTube later?

Really hope this gets sorted out. Such a stupid way they handle this stuff. Anyone can flag anything and they won't even bat an eye when they flip the off switch. You barely get a chance to argue at all.

G-Fex

Most of his fans seem to be little kids, kids that are too young to be watching his curse-laden material. Granted, even with the cursing, the jokes and reviews are written like he's talking down to a child.
Also, his own mother. I am not kidding, look up "LadyBuggin777".

holy crap his mom is on youtube and is her son's biggest fan.

TheContact

The irate gamer thing was great back in 07 or 08. A parody guy named Irritated gamer really made fun of him hard

Hope James gets his channel back, in the meantime the videos on his app work still

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The main website still works fine because Cinemassacre uses Springboard. It's not the end of the world. YouTube is just a secondary account.

Still, it's really really stupid.

BasilZero

Mike be posting too many TV Show/Movie clips ;p

I hope the account comes back - I love the videos both James and Mike make.

Javier

Irate Gamer "cheats" on his reviews as well. Watch his Ghosts 'N Goblins video and you'll see he's playing the game with an invincibility code (which I believe can only be done through an emulator or with Game Genie).

G-Fex

Irate Gamer "cheats" on his reviews as well. Watch his Ghosts 'N Goblins video and you'll see he's playing the game with an invincibility code (which I believe can only be done through an emulator or with Game Genie).

Irate Gamer never cheats! Even when he's using the game genie!

FoxSpirit

The main website still works fine because Cinemassacre uses Springboard. It's not the end of the world. YouTube is just a secondary account.

Still, it's really really stupid.
Funny how those things happen, I am currently doing a complete rewatch, being up to episode 60. On springboard. Works fine.

Still sucks, I really hope he gets it back. I wonder what caused the closure?

BatDan

Not only that, but a couple minutes into the video he switches to the Arcade version. At no point does he acknowledge this different version or sudden boost in graphics, and he still tries to pass off he's playing the NES version by holding the NES controller. Shameful.

G-Fex

Not only that, but a couple minutes into the video he switches to the Arcade version. At no point does he acknowledge this different version or sudden boost in graphics, and he still tries to pass off he's playing the NES version by holding the NES controller. Shameful.

I remember that one video review I think was in fact I'm sure it was. I remember he was reviewing TMNT: The arcade game for the NES and he was complaining that the game wasn't arcade quality.

A nes game not exactly the same as the Arcade.

Our Irate gamer everybody!

Aiii

So not worth it
I remember that one video review I think was in fact I'm sure it was. I remember he was reviewing TMNT: The arcade game for the NES and he was complaining that the game wasn't arcade quality.

A nes game not exactly the same as the Arcade.

Our Irate gamer everybody!

Copycat YouTubers hardly ever work now do they. I like how James stays classy and just doesn't address the guy at all. With fame (and yes, I would call James famous) comes a bunch of haters, watcha gonna do.

The fact that someone like Irate Gamer feels the need to personally attack someone else pretty much says it all as far as confidence in his own product goes.

G-Fex

Wow that was awful....

...I couldn't stand more than a minute.

please subscribe!

....Please?

Woooooooow after finishing another episode of his, I have to say he really enjoys doing stuff with his special FX programs and putting himself into different costumes so he can beat himself up or something.

Harlock

Yes. Even better: Get the Cinemassacre app on your phone or tablet.

They need make better quality options avaliable in the Ipad app.

Shit situation. Hope Youtube can revert. It´s not just the videos, you get years of commentaries.

Javier

If this is SEGA's doing, why delete the whole account instead of just the offending video? I don't even recall which AVGN review had Shining Force footage.

shuri

Banned
A year or so ago, Youtube suddenly took down Dj Tutor's Channel. Dj Tutor is a dude that has been doing tutorial vids for dj stuff since like 2005 and has thousands of videos on his channel. Some random label complained that one of his track was illegal used in a mixing tutorial he was going. He was not even using the whole song, it was just like 20 seconds of it, the audio was not direct feed, it was playing from his speaker so it had tons of echos and whatsnot.

Youtube suddenly took down his entire channel.

It took him a few weeks of bullshit with youtube and the record label to get it back. It was INSANE, and he had to warn people not to discuss the situation because it would make things 'more complicated' for him..

Aiii

So not worth it
They need make better quality options avaliable in the Ipad app.

I have an iPad 3, I have little problem with the quality actually, seems good enough to me.

It does take a few seconds in the beginning to switch from low res to high res when it realises I'm on a high-speed connection, but that's all.

obviously AVGN was first.

I think AVGN had a contest that spruned a lot of other reviewers. One being the happy video game nerd which is a pretty good show.

And the other....The Irate Gamer aka Chris Bores

http://youtu.be/1iiAapiwZbI

this guy needs his own thread

He reminds me of those old segments on Conan where they put someone's live mouth over a still picture of another person. Without the funny.

G-Fex

He reminds me of those old segments on Conan where they put someone's live mouth over a still picture of another person. Without the funny.

but he's so irritated and outrageous!

Plus he reviewed Silver Surfer and x-men for the NES, I bet NO ONE out there has ever done it in the IRATE way!

Fuck no. Don't know who he is, and from that one video I saw, I don't really care. Bring back AVGN!

calm down angry joe you have your own thread.

Aiii

So not worth it
Fuck no. Don't know who he is, and from that one video I saw, I don't really care. Bring back AVGN!

Relax mate! Here, watch some Metal Gear: http://cinemassacre.com/2009/04/08/metal-gear/

YouTube's been an afterthought for James for a long time anyways, for a while there he'd use it to upload year old content anyways. Only recently he started releasing his stuff on YT at the same time again.

but he's so irritated and outrageous!

Plus he reviewed Silver Surfer and x-men for the NES, I bet NO ONE out there has ever done it in the IRATE way!

You seem awfully infatuated with the Irate Gamer Fex, what's up with that? Maybe your next nick-change can be IG-Fex!

G-Fex

Relax mate! Here, watch some Metal Gear: http://cinemassacre.com/2009/04/08/metal-gear/

YouTube's been an afterthought for James for a long time anyways, for a while there he'd use it to upload year old content anyways. Only recently he started releasing his stuff on YT at the same time again.

You seem awfully infatuated with the Irate Gamer Fex, what's up with that? Maybe your next nick-change can be IG-Fex!

I tried to do a game series where I played bad games and I started with the pilot episode and it was horrible. Just genuinely bad, worse than Chris Bores.

Therefore Irate> Me

and Irate is pretty original man, I don't know why you think this isn't!

Aiii

So not worth it
I tried to do a game series where I played bad games and I started with the pilot episode and it was horrible. Just genuinely bad, worse than Chris Bores.

Therefore Irate> Me

and Irate is pretty original man, I don't know why you think this isn't!

Hm, good point. I guess he does deserve some credit for not calling himself The Irate Video Game Nerd.

Top Bottom