• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zangeki no REGINLEIV Videos.

duckroll

sprsk said:
Yeah, I got the demo yesterday. Holy shit soooooooooooo fun.

Playing without the motion plus kinnnnnnnda sucks though. The "fire wand" is the best weapon ever though, just watching that shit explode feels soooo good.

What's it really like with the classic controller? Playable?

Rebochan

Why do I have a sinking feeling this is going to be another one of those games that Nintendo leaves in Japan even though it's one of the best games on their platform?

Big swords, pretty boys, and kicking huge ass.

I think I'm sold.

I'm a little reminded of Drakengard, actually. Not a bad thing.

I'm watching the trailer now. Is that... is that online co-op?

Dascu

SazerVisuel said:
Big swords, pretty boys, and kicking huge ass.

I think I'm sold.

I'm a little reminded of Drakengard, actually. Not a bad thing.

I'm watching the trailer now. Is that... is that online co-op?
Game supports 4 player online co-op.

sprsk said:
Haven't tried it to be honest, the Wii Motion Plus controls are perfect though.
Is the camera as much of a problem as it looks in the footage on gamevideos? I almost groaned when the grass on the ground started obstructing the view and I got dangerously close to ranting about cinematic camera angles in games again.

cacildo

sprsk said:
Haven't tried it to be honest, the Wii Motion Plus controls are perfect though.

How does the wii motion plus controls work? What´s the blue line all about? Confirmed not 1:1?

I have to ask, because up until now we only had people´s opinion based on trailers alone.

ivysaur12

Banned
So EDF 1 did 10k in its first week, EDF 2 did 40k, and EDF 3 did around 5k. RAD did 13k and Chou Soujuu Mecha did 14k. Any bets for Reginleiv?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
cacildo said:
How does the wii motion plus controls work? What´s the blue line all about? Confirmed not 1:1?

I have to ask, because up until now we only had people´s opinion based on trailers alone.
It's not 1:1

but since the wii never loses track of your position it's easier to direct your attacks.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ivysaur12 said:
So EDF 1 did 10k in its first week, EDF 2 did 40k, and EDF 3 did around 5k. RAD did 13k and Chou Soujuu Mecha did 14k. Any bets for Reginleiv?

25K first week/ 65K LTD.

Bebpo

Banned
sprsk said:
It's not 1:1

but since the wii never loses track of your position it's easier to direct your attacks.

So it's worth spending $18 on the Motion+ accessory? I'm guessing yes?

Also sprsk, what does this game do to make the 1p more fun than 1p in EDF? Because 1p in EDF kinda sucks while the game is zomg in 2p. Since this doesn't have 2p offline, I'll probably be stuck playing it 1p the whole time and I just get EDF 1p flashbacks of boringness.

Agnates

Banned
Bebpo said:

Also sprsk, what does this game do to make the 1p more fun than 1p in EDF? Because 1p in EDF kinda sucks while the game is zomg in 2p. Since this doesn't have 2p offline, I'll probably be stuck playing it 1p the whole time and I just get EDF 1p flashbacks of boringness.
You don't have WSR? That one's worth it.

Bebpo

Banned
Agnates said:
You don't have WSR? That one's worth it.

Not my kind of game.

The only games I see myself using M+ for are Zegeki and the next Zelda since I don't play sports games.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Bebpo said:

Yeah, I would definitely not recommend playin without it.

The game in general is more fun than EDF. Playing by yourself or controller passing is probably fun enough. The feeling of sending a giant torso a hundred feet in the air is just too awesome.

Agnates

Banned
Bebpo said:
Not my kind of game.

The only games I see myself using M+ for are Zegeki and the next Zelda since I don't play sports games.
I don't play sports games either. That one's worth it. Just saying.

cacildo

Bebpo said:
Not my kind of game.

Im taking chances here, but you should probably get a Motion+ at least for Red Steel 2?

What? RS2 game looks great! Dont look at me like that!

wsippel

Banned
ShineALight said:
Who are you and what can you tell me about this game coming to America
America isn't really his turf. He's usually pretty well informed when it comes to Europe, though.

Luigiv said:
Whilst disappointing it does makes sense. The game is pointer based so spilt-screen would compromise gameplay.

Not really...
More than likely, it has to do with trying to render hundreds of enemies multiple times.

duckroll

AceBandage said:
Not really...
More than likely, it has to do with trying to render hundreds of enemies multiple times.

Not really...
More than likely, it has to do with Nintendo wanting to copy some fraction of MH3's success and trying to get more people to buy their own copy of the game instead of playing together at a friend's house.

It's not as if all the previous EDF games didn't have split-screen co-op. :p

upandaway

duckroll said:
Not really...
More than likely, it has to do with Nintendo wanting to copy some fraction of MH3's success and trying to get more people to buy their own copy of the game instead of playing together at a friend's house.

It's not as if all the previous EDF games didn't have split-screen co-op. :p
Nintendo of all people should know the value of offline co-op.. it could really be just the pointer.

Luigiv said:
Whilst disappointing it does makes sense. The game is pointer based so spilt-screen would compromise gameplay.
They could have made it so that you had to use the classic controller or something. Besides, there are other pointer based split screen games on Wii so I don't see why that's a problem.

Luckydude23 said:
So when exactly is this game supposed to drop? I know that Wii owners are starving for new game content. :D

Yeah, there's been no games on the horizon since NMH2 and Tatsunoko.

But those were months and months ago.

Luigiv

AndyMoogle said:
They could have made it so that you had to use the classic controller or something. Besides, there are other pointer based split screen games on Wii so I don't see why that's a problem.
Nintendo's Publishing. They're normally quite iffy on including extras just for the sake of it. If an extra doesn't stack up the quality of the rest of the product they usually tear it out. In this case, since you need to make large movements with the pointer, reduced screen space could potentially prove to be frustrating.

Bugbite

Banned
duckroll said:

You know, I get the feeling that if anyone in the industry understands that it doesn't work like that, it would be Nintendo with their Mario Kart Wii and their NSMBWii and their Wii Sports Wii and their whatever-the-hell-else-there-is-that-sells-like-oxygen-on-mars.

duckroll

Bugbite said:
You know, I get the feeling that if anyone in the industry understands that it doesn't work like that, it would be Nintendo with their Mario Kart Wii and their NSMBWii and their Wii Sports Wii and their whatever-the-hell-else-there-is-that-sells-like-oxygen-on-mars.

Those are more casual friendly games. There's a huge market to tap into. You don't really lose anything appealing to everyone. This is a hardcore superniche game. There are definitely less than 200k people in all of Japan who will be even interested in paying 30 bucks for this, much less 60 bucks. Different strategies clearly apply here.

duckroll said:
Those are more casual friendly games. There's a huge market to tap into. You don't really lose anything appealing to everyone. This is a hardcore superniche game. There are definitely less than 200k people in all of Japan who will be even interested in paying 30 bucks for this, much less 60 bucks. Different strategies clearly apply here.

Like firing the game via cannon into random houses?

Bugbite

Banned
duckroll said:

Just sayin', I don't think Nintendo up and said "you will not put split-screen co-op into this game because we want everyone who plays it to buy their own copy instead of playing it at a friend's house". It would make a lot more sense if they said "well, rendering all of these enemies twice over is dragging the framerate down to powerpoint presentation levels, let's axe it".

But the pointer has nothing to do with it. You gotta remember, the pointer is based on the sensor bar, not the screen, and the sensor bar never changes size.

Agnates

Banned
Wallpaper from the website, up to 1920x1200:
1280_768.jpg

Top Bottom