• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds GAME-exclusive pre-order bonus is a musical chest

webrunner

last time there was a preorder bonus of a chest in the UK everyone got mad:
torso-zb_uk-500x291.jpg

Link83

So has anyone else noticed the Eurogamer story update?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...lda-a-link-between-worlds-get-a-musical-chest
Eurogamer said:
UPDATE: UK retailer GAME has said it will not stock the previously-announced Zelda: A Link Between Worlds pre-order bonus.

In an odd turn of events, the chain has admitted via its official Twitter that the musical treasure chest item revealed yesterday will not be available.

"You may have seen last night @NintendoUK tweeted about a pre-order chest item for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds," GAME wrote. "We have no pre-order bonus to announce but BUT you can be sure we're working with Din, Nayru & Farore to bring you something special..."

Din, Nayru and Farore being goddesses within the Zelda series, of course. The retailer continued: "Until then, feast your eyes on this special LoZ: A Link Between Worlds #3DSXL available to pre-order tomorrow!"

We've reached out to Nintendo UK to find out what went wrong - and whether there'll be any other way to get hold of the Zelda treasure chest loot. The company's original announcement of the offer is still online.
Hopefully a decent retailer like Amazon will get to offer it as a pre-order bonus instead.

So has anyone else noticed the Eurogamer story update?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...lda-a-link-between-worlds-get-a-musical-chest

Hopefully a decent retailer like Amazon will get to offer it as a pre-order bonus instead.
Watch it be Nintendo UK online store (run by the hut group*, has wrong images for products**, will charge £39.99).

*-Some items are £999.99 which is known Hut Group site bug
**-They had a white classic controller with the white classic controller pro box shown instead and similar for the Wii lens cleaning kit vs. Wii U lens cleaning kit.

Thank god, GAME are terrible and you'd be paying £10 over the average selling price for that musical chest.
Prove to me that the average selling price of Zelda A link between worlds is £25?

So GAME won't get a bonus? If my 10% off code keeps failing I might as well go with Grainger games again (£29.99 will probably rise to £31.99 nearer release), £1.50 for the chest I felt was fair...

D-e-f-

Banned
Be clever and pre-order early when there are coupons flying around. Get game pre-ordered for 30gbp. Remember that you can always cancel your pre-orders (educate yourself about policies of the place you preorder at)

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
My guess is that it will turn out to be exclusive to Nintendo UK's new webstore.

Second guess: ShopTo. (WindWaker HD came with an exclusive keyring there.)

D-e-f-

Banned
So if not for GAME, does that mean there's a chance at a NA release of this?

These two things aren't related. The vine came from Nintendo UK's twitter so the chest thing is definitely something for Europe. However, that doesn't mean it's not gonna show up in the States.

tsab

Fuuuuu- i had a preorder with game.co.uk since 9-9 for 34euros. Now I am thinking of cancelling and getting it from our local distributor which they have the chest. 50euros though;(

Dat 50% chest tax

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm... and GAME have changed the box art on the product's page as well so I guess that's that.

Maybe all my letters to Shibata about how terrible GAME are finally got through to him.

Fuuuuu- i had a preorder with game.co.uk since 9-9 for 34euros. Now I am thinking of cancelling and getting it from our local distributor which they have the chest. 50euros though;(

Dat 50% chest tax

You get 1000 points (€10) that can be used towards future purchases though. Bravely Default is out in less than 2 months ;//

edit: It looks like Greece's allocation of chests may have been depleted already. Make of that what you will.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hmmm... and GAME have changed the box art on the product's page as well so I guess that's that.

Maybe all my letters to Shibata about how terrible GAME are finally got through to him.

yes, but...what about putting it on Amazon now?

Albo

Game also said this in regards to the chest preorder

"You may have seen last night @NintendoUK tweeted about a pre-order chest item for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds," GAME wrote. "We have no pre-order bonus to announce but BUT you can be sure we're working with Din, Nayru & Farore to bring you something special..."

A dark triforce pendant or something alike perhaps? Still, hopefully the chest will be stocked elsewhere now, at a retailer where I don't feel like I'm getting robbed when I buy from there.

Lurch666

I strolled into game this morning to ask about the chest and was told:
"we aren't getting the chest-Nintendo seem to be in bed with the big supermarket chains so they will probably be doing it"

Go figure.

I strolled into game this morning to ask about the chest and was told:
"we aren't getting the chest-Nintendo seem to be in bed with the big supermarket chains so they will probably be doing it"

Go figure.
Probably thinking about the Tesco Wii U thing.

Nintendo is desperate to keep their stock on the shelves of the supermarkets. Meanwhile GAME is desperate for Nintendo stock end of. It makes sense for Nintendo...

I don't honestly see Tesco getting the chest either. I can see NOE doing first 20 people to register the game on Club Nintendo get it.

eXistor

Watch this thing be more expensive on eBay than the game.

Lol indeed. £39.99 is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? You get a fully fledged Zelda title, those things are always worth high prices and 40 is a normal price. You pay more for shitty "AAA" games an they're almost never anything special.

Albo

Probably thinking about the Tesco Wii U thing.

Nintendo is desperate to keep their stock on the shelves of the supermarkets. Meanwhile GAME is desperate for Nintendo stock end of. It makes sense for Nintendo...

I don't honestly see Tesco getting the chest either. I can see NOE doing first 20 people to register the game on Club Nintendo get it.

That would be ideal since tesco's are usually dirt cheap and frequently offer £5 off vouchers for +£30 orders. Strange thing is, tesco direct hasn't even got got ALBW listed on their site (for at least a couple of days since I last checked to now), let alone this special preorder exclusive.

Why is it ridiculous? You get a fully fledged Zelda title, those things are always worth high prices and 40 is a normal price. You pay more for shitty "AAA" games an they're almost never anything special.
Because Tescow has it for £32. GAME are a rippoff that should have stayed dead. Amazone.co.uk has it for £35....hell even LAME.co.uk has it for £35.

Sorry for the slight hyperbole but that is the typical line of thinking regarding GAME instore prices. Tesco can sell it for whatever they like as they have so many other things to make profit on, Amazon the same (plus the tax thing), GAME's own website has to compete with online. GAME on high street has to compete with well, HMV really...
I'm not paying GAME instore prices in any case but know it is unrealistic to expect them to be better than Tesco

Plus stores have a lot of non-trivial costs online lacks (well not lacks but are expressed differently) like having staff and needing to rent a store (yes online has staff, deliveries and rental of warehouse space too, I guess a general retailer has those in addition though).

When I read "musical chest" I was expecting something like a music box. Am disappoint.

Pxagajd.jpg

If it were a music box, I would of HAD TO HAVE IT even though I don't own a 3DS.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Oh god, is even worse now. 50£ and still exclusive to Game that probably would not ship (for free, at least) to Italy...

Reminds me of the Spirit Tracks tin. Hopefully it does the same thing of dropping in price too (that wound up costing the same as regular Spirit Tracks).

I'm out so, I'll go with Flubit or Grainger games (I've been told both are sub £30).

Oh god, is even worse now. 50£ and still exclusive to Game that probably would not ship (for free, at least) to Italy...
If it weighs less than 1kg then it is £2.95 shipping (regardless of what it is from GAME).

If the weight is more than that then they will not ship at all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Link's Awakening is £4.50 right, and if we say the game is selling for £35 that would mean you're paying £10.49 for the chest and poster.

Right…

I'll wait to see if some codes come out otherwise I'm looking elsewhere.

EDIT: Also they've ruined the nice box with stupid GAME branding.

Top Bottom