• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZOMG FAMITSU DELIVERS THE TRUTH OF JESUS!

Cacophanus

TreIII said:
According to what I've been reading over at SRW Genesis, it may not even be (all of) the original From staff from before. It may just be mainly Terada's peeps and a few From staffers helping out.

Eh? The teams changed quite dramatically between the three PS2 game, so there isn't one "team" that makes ACE - in fact that there was a fair amount of crossover with Armored Core's setup.

Not sure on the various budget comments though, as the first ACE's line-up wasn't exactly massive either (I actually thought it made the game better and more varied, as they focused on differentiating the units they had - rather than making more of the mecha handle the same).

xero273

Cacophanus said:
Eh? The teams changed quite dramatically between the three PS2 game, so there isn't one "team" that makes ACE - in fact that there was a fair amount of crossover with Armored Core's setup.

Not sure on the various budget comments though, as the first ACE's line-up wasn't exactly massive either (I actually thought it made the game better and more varied, as they focused on differentiating the units they had - rather than making more of the mecha handle the same).

First ACE game had 38 units counting the two Originals.

Cacophanus

xero273 said:

We don't know the final roster of mecha for ACER, it's only just been announced!

ACE covered only 9 series though - ACER is doing 11.

YES! YES! YES!!!
2074471120_d6bbea9955_o.gif
2074471120_d6bbea9955_o.gif

Also, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker information... YES!!!

squall211

I don't own a Wii but I really, really hope Xenoblade turns out to be a great RPG. It, along with The Last Story could finally get me to pick up the only current gen console/handheld I don't own yet.

Mandoric

Banned
xero273 said:

That sounds about par for what we'll have here.

Assuming:
Orguss: Bronco II, Orguss, Orguss II
Z: Z, Hyakushiki
CCA: ν
Crossbone: X-1, X-1 Kai, X-2, X-3
Seed-D: Destiny, Strike Freedom/METEOR, Infinite Justice/METEOR
Overman King Gainer: King Gainer, Emperanza, Dominator
Full Metal Panic: Arbalest, Laevatein, Gernsback (Weber), Gernsback (Mao)
Geass R2: Lancelot Conquista, Shinkirou, Guren Flight-type
Genesis of Aquarion: Solar, Lunar, Mars
Macross Zero: VF-0A, VF-0S, VF-0S Armored Phoenix
Macross Frontier: VF-25F, VF-25G, VF-25S, VF-25S Armored Messiah, RVF-25, VF-27, Queadluun-Rea

That's 25 "individual" units, but 38 playable. MacF is just going to be the spam series here like Gundam W was there.

And then there's completely unlikely secrets like Hi-Nu or Macross Quarter or an F14-A Kai.

hteng said:
i don't think banpresto even has the tech or knowledge to render full scale 3D real robots. look at their SRW Neo, it's still in SD and the texture and animation is kind of bland. I'd say leave it to the veterans to do the rendering and animation (Fromsoft).

:lol

This has got to be the most asinine logic I've ever seen.

NeonZ

-Their working from scratch (since it's now PS3) so it's hard making so many units. They'd rather concentrate on graphics and action.

How many times has that happened before this gen? How many times has that actually worked for the game after all? I hope this doesn't end up killing the series...

Enron

Banned
Cacophanus said:
We don't know the final roster of mecha for ACER, it's only just been announced!

ACE covered only 9 series though - ACER is doing 11.

Yeah, but ACER's series are mostly of the MEH variety. I'd rather them just keep rehashing 80s and 90s series than give us these mostly weaksauce franchises we've gotten in the 00s.

Top Bottom