• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZOMG FAMITSU DELIVERS THE TRUTH OF JESUS!

Enron

Banned
Bebpo said:
The thing is, while a lot of the real robot shows have good story/characters, I don't think they're all that fun to play in ACE. If all your mech has is a machine gun and a rocket launcher it's pretty boring after a mission or two.

Sure shows like Geass and SEED-D are dumb as heck, but for a GAME, playing as super overpowered mechs with 10 different flashy attacks each is a lot more satisfying than little dude with machine gun pew pew pew.

Except the SEED and Geass designs are yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Beth Cyra

Bebpo said:
The thing is, while a lot of the real robot shows have good story/characters, I don't think they're all that fun to play in ACE. If all your mech has is a machine gun and a rocket launcher it's pretty boring after a mission or two.

Sure shows like Geass and SEED-D are dumb as heck, but for a GAME, playing as super overpowered mechs with 10 different flashy attacks each is a lot more satisfying than little dude with machine gun pew pew pew.

If we are talking about Flash then drop SEED-D for Turn A, the designs may not be the hottest but christ they do everything SEED-D can accept the Dragoons and Turn X Shinning Finger>Destiny's Shinning.

Enron

Banned
TruePrime said:
If we are talking about Flash then drop SEED-D for Turn A, the designs my not be the hottest but christ they do everything SEED-D can accept the Dragoons and Turn X Shinning Finger>Destiny's Shinning.

Also, Turn A's pilot isn't a complete whining turd.

Bebpo

Banned
TruePrime said:
If we are talking about Flash then drop SEED-D for Turn A, the designs may not be the hottest but christ they do everything SEED-D can accept the Dragoons and Turn X Shinning Finger>Destiny's Shinning.

Turn A was great in ACE3, though I was totally pissed off he didn't get a story.

In fact, that reminds me of my biggest problem with ACE3: Several of the "featured" robot series weren't actually in the plot at all! They were just unlockable units with no story. They better not pull that shit again with ACE-R!! >_<

This is the first ACE without G Gundam and God Finger fighting, so I think Destiny Finger is supposed to make up for that.

Beth Cyra

Bebpo said:
Turn A was great in ACE3, though I was totally pissed off he didn't get a story.

In fact, that reminds me of my biggest problem with ACE3: Several of the "featured" robot series weren't actually in the plot at all! They were just unlockable units with no story. They better not pull that shit again with ACE-R!! >_<

This is the first ACE without G Gundam and God Finger fighting, so I think Destiny Finger is supposed to make up for that.

This is also the first game in which Wing won't make an apperance as well, which sucks for me because I love Zero Custom.

And I am complaining I know, I ain't trying to say Destiny is shit (for once) but Considering UC's rampant love I always take in UC, and SEED is nearing the same level of it has to be in everything with gundam.

While I am okay with it for UC even though I don't like it it is like now I got to put up with two different UC's and generally original stories like G, and Turn A are left out so I end up getting bored is all.

Roland

Konami should publish ACE-R over here by replacing all the licensed robots with ZOE orbital frames. That avoids the licensing hell and we get ZOE3.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, I hear you. Hopefully the story won't revolve around UC & SEED-D plotlines too much. I'm guessing the main gundam focus will be on the Crossbone timeframe. Maybe Zeta/CCA won't even get story.

I guess SEED-D does kind of make sense since ACE3 covered SEED story and this is the sequel to ACE3. And as much as I hate the show, I have to say that SRW Z did a really great job turning SEED-D into a decent storyline. Maybe they'll do the same here.

Beth Cyra

Bebpo said:
Yeah, I hear you. Hopefully the story won't revolve around UC & SEED-D plotlines too much. I'm guessing the main gundam focus will be on the Crossbone timeframe. Maybe Zeta/CCA won't even get story.

I guess SEED-D does kind of make sense since ACE3 covered SEED story and this is the sequel to ACE3. And as much as I hate the show, I have to say that SRW Z did a really great job turning SEED-D into a decent storyline. Maybe they'll do the same here.

Okay I can't argue with what Z did, I loved Z and am dying for a sequel to it, but honestly I doubt this will ever live up to the divine moment of Turn X comming out of no where and hitting Shinn/Destiny with Shinning Finger.

That said I should have higher hope because you might be right.

Probably still bitter over how Turn X got screwed in GM2 and was only a teir two unit so I am angry at all gundam products right now.

Bebpo

Banned
One thing that hasn't really been brought up is how cool coop missions would be. I mean in the ACE games you go out in a squad of 3 and do a mission in a small/medium-size arena. Gundam Senki did a similar thing with its coop mission mode and was able to do that 4p! From Software has been improving their network code between Armored Core and Demon Souls. Maybe we'll get a 3p online coop mission mode?

How awesome would it be to fly around with 2 of your buddies in units like AQUARION, CROSSBONE, and SAZABI and work together to take out a series of grunts and tough bosses?

/fingers crossed

Beth Cyra

Bebpo said:
One thing that hasn't really been brought up is how cool coop missions would be. I mean in the ACE games you go out in a squad of 3 and do a mission in a small/medium-size arena. Gundam Senki did a similar thing with its coop mission mode and was able to do that 4p! From Software has been improving their network code between Armored Core and Demon Souls. Maybe we'll get a 3p online coop mission mode?

How awesome would it be to fly around with 2 of your buddies in units like AQUARION, CROSSBONE, and SAZABI and work together to take out a series of grunts and tough bosses?

/fingers crossed

I am still dying for a Co Op Getter/Aquarion where you actually have to combine and work together to make Gett-1/Dragon and Aquarion kick ass, so although it wouldn't be to that level it would be a step in the direction I want it to go so I am down.

hteng

Banned
nice, at least ACE-R is on the HD consoles, lets hope banpresto or fromsoft knows what they are doing

despite a fan of super robots and the SRW games, i didn't find the ACE games to be any good, it's pretty much like the gundam vs games. It's bland and repetitive, i got tired of the same old launch sequence at the begining of a mission that i just decided to stop.

Trakdown

New ACE?! FUCK YEAH!

Hopefully that's not the full list or they'll make other units available through DLC later(or make another ACE after this). It's a good start, though.

Kafel

Banned
wtfisthisshit.jpg

WYWY

Strictly speaking, isn't ACE a FROM + Banpresto series?

Also disappointed with the attachment to UC.

I thought this was a sequel to Magic Century Etale / Holy Magic Century / Quest64.

Disappointment is through the roof right now.

hteng

Banned
WYWY said:
Strictly speaking, isn't ACE a FROM + Banpresto series?

Also disappointed with the attachment to UC.

that is correct, but i think most of the game engine is done by fromsoft, thats why you'll find it very similar to their PS2 AC games.

banpresto mainly provide the story boards and scenarios

ACE-R on mah ps triple. FUCK YEA. i would have liked to see macross plus in there, but if everyone favorite drunken skull leader from Macross zero is playable, thats enough. praise the lord. Next up, let us hopeth the lord delivers us HD Super robot wars and SRW:OG3.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Enron said:
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH. YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH.

Seriously though, is anyone else besides me a little disappointed at the lineup for ACE? Orguss and FMP hellz yeah, but everything else :/

No Dragonar, no Dunbine, no Layzner (yeah i know all those were done before but still)

Gundam Seed and Code Geass leave me feeling MEH
Yep, feeling the same way.
I wish they replaced that & macross frontier with some better series / mechas.:(

Mandoric

Banned
Lafiel said:
Yep, feeling the same way.
I wish they replaced that & macross frontier with some better series / mechas.:(

As dumb as Geass's plot could be and as bad as they fumbled the scaling, if they implement the rollerskates how I expect it's still going to be fun to have tiny little groundpounding Gerwalks with the return of Dunbine's grappling hook from ACE1.

Tiduz said:
id get excited cause people say its zoe but since it uses licensed robotz its japan only.

sadface

Import it. It'll be a little more expensive but it's the closest that we're going to get to a new ZOE.

duckroll

I honestly think anyone expecting ZoE out of an ACE game is going to get disappointed. The games are very different in design and in concept. The only similarity is that they're both robot action games, and the ACE games got much faster starting from ACE2. Otherwise, they're nothing alike.

duckroll said:
THE EASTER MIRACLE IS REAL! THE LORD HAS RISEN FROM HIS GRAVE!

ANOTHER CENTURY EPISODE R FOR PS3! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: THE GRACE OF GOD CONTINUES. THE WORD OF THE BIBLE SAYS PEACE WALKER WILL FEATURE BOSSES FROM MONSTER HUNTER!
5ey3o5.jpg

hteng

Banned
duckroll said:
I honestly think anyone expecting ZoE out of an ACE game is going to get disappointed. The games are very different in design and in concept. The only similarity is that they're both robot action games, and the ACE games got much faster starting from ACE2. Otherwise, they're nothing alike.

i think it's closer to virtual on than anything, basically it's a permenant lock on enemies and just strafing left right with some vertical movement.

and yes, people shouldn't expect this to be a ZOE type game

Top Bottom