• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZOMG FAMITSU DELIVERS THE TRUTH OF JESUS!

Synless

DiscoJer said:
How is it going to make sense in the game, though? Some sort of Jurassic Park thing?

Unless it's a separate deal (which I hope).
I highly doubt it's part of the story, it must be separate.

DiscoJer said:
How is it going to make sense in the game, though? Some sort of Jurassic Park thing?

probably just extra side coop mission/quest. which i hope they have DLC in the future.

xero273

Forgot to say not enough courage in Episode R

180px-GaGaGaPromo-GoldionHammer.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
DiscoJer said:

Would be easy. Make a stage where it is 4 players working together to bring down one big bad. You have to avoid him, use stealth, etc while doing damage. I would imagine it would be similar to Metal Gear fights. Basically a side coop thing.

It doesn't make any sense. But it is MGS now. Sense isn't used in abundance. :lol It sounds like it could be a surprisingly awesome idea if they do it in right.

DCharlie

Banned
surely the MH x MGS is an april fools?

what is kojima doing to metal gear?

i can only assume in the MH x MGS sections there are no ingame cutscenes.... i mean... each level usually only lasts 20 minutes. :D

"Snake, do you like Godzilla?"
"huh... Godzilla?"
"yes, Godzilla?"
"Godzilla?"
"Godzilla..."
"... Godzilla?"
"Godzilla... <massive explanation of what Godzilla is>"
"So, Godzilla... the <exact same massive explanation parrot fashioned back>?"
"Yes, that's right... Godzilla"
"Godzilla!"
"...."
"Godzilla?"

TIME UP, level/writing failed.

the ACE games are terrible, i'm not sure where the hype is coming from. but with Geass, Frontier and Crossbone they're going to take my money again, sigh.

mintylurb

duckroll said:
THE EASTER MIRACLE IS REAL! THE LORD HAS RISEN FROM HIS GRAVE!

ANOTHER CENTURY EPISODE R FOR PS3! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit2:

ACE-R series:

Super Dimension Century Orgus
Zeta Gundam
Char's Counterattack
Crossbone Gundam
Gundam SEED Destiny
Overman King Gainer
Full Metal Panic
Code Geass
Genesis of Aquarion
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier
Orguss!! Hallelujah~~
0wp23.gif

Now all they need is Macross 7. Make it happen, From Software! Fire Bomber~~

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It has come to a point where I don't give a damn about Metal Gear anymore. I just want to know about Snake's awesome crossovers now.

I see... Tigrex, Rathalos, Rathian and Velocidromes... So those are four more reasons to buy Peace Walker.

Mr.Wuggles

Neo Member
weren't there megaman references in one of the boktai's? kojima <3 capcom.

what does it say about the 3DS? will anything substantial be in next week's issue?

Foffy

Banned
Mr.Wuggles said:
weren't there megaman references in one of the boktai's? kojima <3 capcom.

what does it say about the 3DS? will anything substantial be in next week's issue?

Most of the Boktai games crossover with the Mega Man Battle Network/Star Force games.

That stuff is usually taken out of the international versions.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
duckroll said:
THE EASTER MIRACLE IS REAL! THE LORD HAS RISEN FROM HIS GRAVE!

ANOTHER CENTURY EPISODE R FOR PS3! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACE-R series:

Super Dimension Century Orgus
Zeta Gundam
Char's Counterattack
Crossbone Gundam
Gundam SEED Destiny
Overman King Gainer
Full Metal Panic
Code Geass
Genesis of Aquarion
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier

Fuck. Yes.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Foffy said:
Most of the Boktai games crossover with the Mega Man Battle Network/Star Force games.

That stuff is usually taken out of the international versions.
I may be stretching things a bit here, but I don't see any incentives for Capcom to accept this crossover if it won't be on the western versions. I mean, they would just be handing out the Monster Hunter name for the decaying (sales-wise) MGS series to feast upon if this was Japan-only. In the west, though, the crossover would give MH some more exposition.

What I mean is; if this is Japan-only, Konami will be collecting all the spoils, with only a few scraps being left out for Capcom.

Enron

Banned
durrrrrrrrrr said:
the ACE games are terrible, i'm not sure where the hype is coming from. but with Geass, Frontier and Crossbone they're going to take my money again, sigh.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH. YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH.

Seriously though, is anyone else besides me a little disappointed at the lineup for ACE? Orguss and FMP hellz yeah, but everything else :/

No Dragonar, no Dunbine, no Layzner (yeah i know all those were done before but still)

Gundam Seed and Code Geass leave me feeling MEH

duckroll

Enron said:

Seriously though, is anyone else besides me a little disappointed at the lineup for ACE? Orguss and FMP hellz yeah, but everything else :/

No Dragonar, no Dunbine, no Layzner (yeah i know all those were done before but still)

Well, to be honest, normally I would be a little disappointed that many of the original oldschool real robot staples have given way to more new generation fanwank series. But the fact that we're getting a new current-gen ACE game at all, is enough for me to be a bit forgiving. After all, there's Crossbone Gundam too. Can't hate on that!

Beth Cyra

Enron said:

I will agree with this, well accept Aquarion and Crossbone I am bored with the rest
Overman was lame, and Really Zeta Gundam, CCA, and Seed in some form are used so often that I know longer consider them annoucements as much as I do common place and just skip over them to see what is new. So when there is nothing or very little I find my self not carring about the game, wether it be ACE or SRW.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dogenzaka said:
So...Kojima is putting unrealistic monsters in Metal Gear.

Kojima-san....you can stop making Metal Gear now.
:lol

Yeah, Kojima should put more realistic monsters in his games :lol :lol

duckroll

TruePrime said:
I will agree with this, well accept Aquarion and Crossbone I am bored with the rest
Overman was lame, and Really Zeta Gundam, CCA, and Seed in some form used so often that I know longer consider them annoucements as common place and just skip over them to see what is knew so when there is nothing or very little I find my self not carring about the game, wether it be ACE or SRW.

Gainer was REALLY good in ACE3 though. One of my favorite entries. They did a really good job with the animation and modeling of the mechs and attacks in ACE3, and it was fun to play something that was a wacky mix between "real" and "super" robot.

Beth Cyra

duckroll said:
Gainer was REALLY good in ACE3 though. One of my favorite entries. They did a really good job with the animation and modeling of the mechs and attacks in ACE3, and it was fun to play something that was a wacky mix between "real" and "super" robot.

You might be right, to be fair I didn't use Overman, because I really hated the actuall show. I did like that he was in as I saw it as some kind of transtion to bring in more Supers along with Getter.

But unfortenally that didn't happen, just Gainer again and Replace Getter with a show that was inspired by it.

Jomjom

Banned
There's gotta be more mech series than those! Where is my Rahxephon, Big-O, Linebarrels, Escaflowne, and not to mention all of the other Gundam series that are missing. Oh yeah wheres my damn Evangelion!?!

Enron

Banned
AAK said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn-7aut7tqk

Damn, this was done on PS1. THat looks like a near PS2 game. Wow @ Japan in the late 90's to early 00's. They really used to be on a different level.

That IS a ps2 game. Its the Sega AM2-developed SDF Macross game that came out in 2003. I own it. It's a fantastic game, by far the best Macross game (not saying much.....)

PS2_Macross_cover.jpg

jling84 said:
There's gotta be more mech series than those! Where is my Rahxephon, Big-O, Linebarrels

Keep dat shit out of my ACE, please!

Bebpo

Banned
xero273 said:
Forgot to say not enough courage in Episode R

180px-GaGaGaPromo-GoldionHammer.jpg

Gaogaigar would be the greatest mech ever in an ACE game. I definitely hope they include it before the end the series for real.

Performing HELL & HEAVEN in real-time action would be just about the best thing in gaming.

Beth Cyra

Enron said:
That IS a ps2 game. Its the Sega AM2-developed SDF Macross game that came out in 2003. I own it. It's a fantastic game, by far the best Macross game (not saying much.....)

Keep dat shit out of my ACE, please!

I thought the Macross cross over game on PSP was pretty universally loved?

Bebpo

Banned
DCharlie said:
surely the MH x MGS is an april fools?

i can only assume in the MH x MGS sections there are no ingame cutscenes.... i mean... each level usually only lasts 20 minutes. :D

"Snake, do you like Godzilla?"
"huh... Godzilla?"
"yes, Godzilla?"
"Godzilla?"
"Godzilla..."
"... Godzilla?"
"Godzilla... <massive explanation of what Godzilla is>"
"So, Godzilla... the <exact same massive explanation parrot fashioned back>?"
"Yes, that's right... Godzilla"
"Godzilla!"
"...."
"Godzilla?"

TIME UP, level/writing failed.

I know you're joking, but there's actual a real Snake/Otherperson codec about Godzilla in one of the games. I think it was MGS3.

Yeah, Kojima covered just everything in MGS :p

Bebpo

Banned
Enron said:

The thing is, while a lot of the real robot shows have good story/characters, I don't think they're all that fun to play in ACE. If all your mech has is a machine gun and a rocket launcher it's pretty boring after a mission or two.

Sure shows like Geass and SEED-D are dumb as heck, but for a GAME, playing as super overpowered mechs with 10 different flashy attacks each is a lot more satisfying than little dude with machine gun pew pew pew.

Enron

Banned
TruePrime said:
I thought the Macross cross over game on PSP was pretty universally loved?

Oh yeah, i forgot about that. We went for nearly 20 years with 300 shitty Macross games and 1 good one, it's easy to forget.

Top Bottom