• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Reviews GTA4: 0.1 better than Jade Empire, but will it have Jade's staying power?

GreekWolf said:
If this is indeed true (which will be easy to determine with both copies next week), then it appears that IGN has intentionally inflated the Xbox 360 score for some unknown reason.

What they are describing here is a noticeably inferior product with -
1. worse frame-rate
2. MUCH worse pop-in
3. more aliasing

Combine that with the distinct possibility of the PS3 version featuring uncompressed audio, and it seems ridiculous to award the 360 version a perfect score.

******10 is not perfect******

Second said:
Ps3 version is mine.

Still interested in the X360 dlc though.

Ugh.

The multiconsole plan (what i'll be doing):

1. Buy the PS3 version.
2. Does the DLC sound good? If so, get or trade for 360 version, buy DLC.
3. Enjoy the fucking game either way.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
sprocket said:
They already said the ps3 would get DLC :/ Just not the 360 DLC that everyones been talking about. Some people seem to think the ps3 wont get anything at all. Which is silly.

Look I need a source if I'm gonna believe that

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit IGNs site is so hard to navigate.
Anyone able to find a link to the editor podcast he mentioned in the video?
I want to listen to it.... SINCE 1UPYOURS IS LATE! :(

oo Kosma oo said:
People really should stop this crying about NSFW.

Shouldn't you be working in the first place jeez.
I'm not at work, but why should that matter? Forget it, I wont derail the thread.

Banned
GreekWolf said:
If this is indeed true (which will be easy to determine with both copies next week), then it appears that IGN has intentionally inflated the Xbox 360 score for some unknown reason.

1. worse frame-rate
2. MUCH worse pop-in
3. more aliasing

Combine that with the distinct possibility of the PS3 version featuring uncompressed audio, and it seems ridiculous to award the 360 version a perfect score.

Smells suspiciously like MS moneyhats to me. If IGN and EGM are anything to go by, I'd be more inclined to believe that the PS3 version deserves the 10, with the borked 360 port receiving a full point less.

Where does it say that?

so_awes

Banned
_leech_ said:

1. Buy the PS3 version.
3. Hope your 360 doesn't RROD.
4. Enjoy the fucking game either way.

there!

jman2050

I must say, for a game that I couldn't care less about (for all you whiny sissies out there that isn't an indictment on the game), the amount of 360/PS3 bickering over nothing really makes this thread interesting to read. That and the Ocarina comment.

Also :lol @ the second title change.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Guy Legend said:
PS3 version is the one to get (if you don't care about DLC) due to comments made from IGN and EGM.

San Andreas was amazing. Unbelievable that they pulled off something even greater, 10's in every category is really something. EA keep away.

DLC is one thing, but a PS3 fanboy I know is considering the 360 version because of pretty much universal voice chat and the ability to see all his friends online. It is good news for PS3 users used to the reverse scenario though. It may not be that big a deal, but it's probably a nice change.

Naeblish

That's nice i guess, but the only reviews i take serious are those of Eurogamer nowadays.

Lol @ title. You should take the 10's away, see how many will flame because they didn't read the OP :lol .

zoku88

I was actually just going to skip GTA IV since the others werent really my cup of tea.

:lol :lol About the title change

Yeah I refuse to have the gameplay spoiled for me. I didn't even read the review. But I was soooo tempted to press play on the video. I just sat there looking at it for a few minutes with my index finger on my mouse :lol

Karma said:
Where does it say that?

It doesn't. Nor does the 360 version suffer from horrendous pop-in.

Funny how it was unfair to overplay the differences when the 360 was "superior" but now this will be blown up to the point where GTA4 on the 360 is unplayable and should be avoided.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
skip said:
I'm doing alright, actually.
:lol
And WOW at the topic title change :lol

_leech_ said:

1. Buy the PS3 version.

Bingo!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DMPrince said:
don't know if this was asked or was in the review. did it mention how big the install was for the ps3?

Skip already mentioned that it's a ~5 min install.

RR7 & DMC4 = 5GB 20 min install

Knowing the above....

GTA IV ≈ ~1.25GB ~5 min install

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GreekWolf said:

1. worse frame-rate
2. MUCH worse pop-in
3. more aliasing

Smells suspiciously like MS moneyhats to me. If IGN and EGM are anything to go by, I'd be more inclined to believe that the PS3 version deserves the 10, with the borked 360 port receiving a full point less.

:lol

Ploid 3.0

chubigans said:
Lets make this thread twenty times bigger:

Not as if I had a choice, but awesome news anyways. :D

Nice, glad the only version I can play isn't running as bad as splinter cell ps3, or other bad ports. I wouldn't have minded a half life 2 "inferior" port. Glad it's running at least equal.

Karma said:
Where does it say that?

While GTA IV is pushing the PS3 and 360 to the limit, it also runs amazingly well. Sure, there are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360) there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected.

its kinda implied. the word 'particularly' is kinda scary

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Stinkles said:
DLC is one thing, but a PS3 fanboy I know is considering the 360 version because of pretty much universal voice chat and the ability to see all his friends online. It is good news for PS3 users used to the reverse scenario though. It may not be that big a deal, but it's probably a nice change.

Play with friends who have voice chat. My list of GAFfers all do!

And just to prove my good will - I'll play with your fanboy friend and have voice chat. Jstevenson on PSN, yo.

Brofist

And some jackass in another thread said how he can't understand why people keep buying the "same game" :lol

Awesome score. I'm sick of reading and seeing it, time to play this bitch already.

pr0cs

Looks like a great game, glad I preordered it from Dell and saved the $10. Hope it arrives on time next week.
wish their video review covered more of the multiplayer

Ezza

Francias Castiglione said:

Funny how it was unfair to overplay the differences when the 360 was "superior" but now this will be blown up to the point where GTA4 on the 360 is unplayable and should be avoided.

Yes it does.

While GTA IV is pushing the PS3 and 360 to the limit, it also runs amazingly well. Sure, there are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360) there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected.

Page 5 of the review.

Francias Castiglione said:

have you played the 360 version? does it have more pop in?

Majmun

_leech_ said:

1. Buy the PS3 version.

Yeah. :D

Top Bottom