• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

ttech10

People with the PC version. Can you post your computer spec? Install MSI Afterburner, enable ingame monitoring (select CPU / GPU usage, PC / video card ram usage and framerate), take a ingame screenshot and post it here.

Is there a way to have it automatically take screenshots every X amount of seconds? Playing with a controller I can't really do stuff like drive around at high speeds and take a screenshot.

i5-3570k @ stock
8GB RAM
R9 280X

Here's a link to settings and some quick captures:
http://imgur.com/a/bp1hh

People are right to say that GTAV looks "nicer" than WD, as in they prefer the art direction. From a technical standpoint they are not even comparable, and people who say otherwise don't have a clue. For me, it's just freakin disappointing that it doesn't look as good as it could have.. it still looks ok though.

people tend to forget LA looks way better at day than chicago at day (imo)

Joey Deacon

Neo Member
This Machinima stream is embarrassing as hell. "My dick is so hard right now". Really?

Oh and stop screaming at everything you pair of fools. Lay off the energy drinks before streaming next time.

Man I hate watching people who suck at video games/don't care play this game. This dude is playing Cash Run but he's just lightly jogging around. It's called Cash RUN for a reason wtf move it bitch

HowZatOZ

Banned
I thought those Nvidia release PC screenshots were representative of the final PC version?

This is what is so strange, the Nvidia trailer and screenshots are only a month or two old, so something is messing up (if it is). Everything just seems too fishy, like it isn't working properly because what they recently showed is just no there, and that makes no sense to just turn off.

SystemBug

Your avatar seems like a perfect representation of your bright and "special" personality.

Greg Miller may not be a word smith when it comes to his reviews but he gets to the point and does a better job then most. Also, don't act like this game or most the games that come out are some unique thought provoking pieces of fucking art.

Nice to see I'm "special"

Denton

Is there a way to have it automatically take screenshots every X amount of seconds? Playing with a controller I can't really do stuff like drive around at high speeds and take a screenshot.

i5-3570k @ stock
8GB RAM
R9 280X

Is that... 30-40fps?

That is...so bad. I hoped 280X could run this at 1080p/high/60. This sucks. First Wolfenstein runs badly, now Watch Dogs. I regret getting 280x :(

heyf00L

Xbone is lacking Ambient Occlusion and has lower resolution shadows. And of course 720p looks pretty bad.

But apparently the PC version has been scaled back. As someone pointed out, the POM or tessellation is missing, and it looks to me like the global illumination is missing or scaled back.

jF31Xy6Q0Gv4M.png

Jebuschrist

This game is just HIDEOS.

This game is Hideo?

Lucent

Man I hate watching people who suck at video games/don't care play this game. This dude is playing Cash Run but he's just lightly jogging around. It's called Cash RUN for a reason wtf move it bitch

lol!

Yeah the graphics don't seem to look THAT bad. I just want to see more gameplay that gets me excited. I've driven around cities a lot in other games.

Furyous

How are people playing this early on PS4?

The AI needs serious work but it's not as awful as was suggested earlier.

I can't wait to party with everyone else on Monday at 9 PM.

Denton

It is probably more the i5 than 280x

Hmmm, possibly. It would be great if someone could make a benchmark. i5 stock vs i5 clocked to 4.5ghz or something. That would be interesting.

And that's why you always get Nvidia :p

I always get what seems to have the best price/perf ration. I had nvidia for 6 years, but when I needed new GPU for AC4 (560ti did not cut it), 280X seemed like the best option - 50 bucks cheaper than 770, with 1GB more memory and Mantle support, and same benchmark results.
If nVidia was more price competitive on its 4GB cards, I would have probably gotten that.

Nzyme32

earlier in the thread there was mentions of drops to 5-10 fps at times.

searching gaf doesn't seem to show any posts of that, nor have I found anything on the net yet. got a link? the most entertaining thing thus far is that ultra only requires 2.4 - 2.7gb ram. Looks like another Cod Ghost's spec inflation. Lucky for ubi, they haven't locked people with lower specs out of the game so probably not as much of a shit show as Cod had

JLeack

Banned
Sharing the glory.

7CbKlVb.jpg

Don't get too caught up in this avalanche of comments about how the cars look like they're from the PS2 era. The game is open world with a ton of detail. If you play it on a next-gen console (or PC on high settings), the draw distance is far and you'll see a lot happening on your screen most of the time.

styl3s

Nice to see I'm "special"
You (or your online self) have a "special" personality.

Your intellect has nothing to do with this statement so don't take it as i am calling you retarded but i would never call you or anyone else that. Nor would i judge your intelligence based off a few post but from this thread you put off a very special personality.

How are people playing this early on PS4?

The AI needs serious work but it's not as awful as was suggested earlier.

I can't wait to party with everyone else on Monday at 9 PM.
Local game shops sell early (not all, but some). The local place in the mall here always sells games early because it's one of the few things it can do to compete with Gamestop and there are 2 gamestops within walking distance.

Put another 2 hours into the game and yeah it's not the prettiest girl/guy at the dance but it's so goddamn fun. Being chased while on a bike, going into slowmo and popping the cade causing a bunch of cops to wreck and then messing with the traffic lights to get of the rest is glorious. I spent a good hour just mapping out and area and causing chaos to get chased so i can do a series of hilarious traps.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Dang. This game looks like straight doo-doo butt, and I'm not just talking about its graphics. I'll pass.

Thank you for that amazing and insightful comment. Really helped the thread A+.

Ultra/1440p/TXAA2 - 4770/8GB/Titan (337.50 drivers)

CPU usage is 40-50%, RAM usage is hitting around 5GB, Vram 5GB too.

FPS is 40-60.

What. Okay so it eats anything you throw at it, yet textures are still like that. Something is clearly wrong then, maybe Ubi forgot to hit the HD button.

If I buy from GMG, I'm guessing they wont send the code until Tuesday?

Doubt it, unless they decide to break street date as well.

Nzyme32

So with an i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7950, 8gb RAM, I'm already dead, right?

You should be good actually. RAM usage is only 2.7gb so that isn't as demanding as ubi stated. However there are a few people using i5 2500k and not reaching above 50fps on ultra, but they were at 1440p. Maybe they were be right about cpu bottle necking at ultra. Not seen enough info to confirm

Pop

i5-3570k @ stock
8GB RAM
R9 280X

Day time is just ugly. Wtf went wrong there

Top Bottom