• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Nzyme32

PC, Ultra except AA at 2xMSAA

kobUxOM.jpg

ID3oehR.jpg

53MSWp3.jpg

fgw4B5c.jpg

knbW8wp.jpg

mlGhl0j.jpg

WD will be a great game for sure and fun to play. But Ubi shot themselves in the foot when they hyped and lied about the graphics. Now everyone can only focus on graphics because that's what they showed off. With inFamous SS the graphics weren't their main focus for marketing. So whether or not inFamous SS lived up to the graphic hype (regardless if it is just PS4 vs cross-gen) no one had anything reasons to compare it to previous graphics released by their marketing team.

ttech10

Can you also add GPU ram usage?

Sorry it took so long. Here are some more. Tried Fraps but the game would crash on bootup with it running, for whatever reason. Weird.

I changed the screenshot button for MSI to make it easier to hit and grabbed a vehicle to ride around in. As you can see in two or three screenshots, it made driving kind of hard.

http://imgur.com/a/1wWHM

I did a mission that involved escaping from cops and things got hectic but frames rarely dipped below 30, I think I noticed the number below that once.

Linius

WD will be a great game for sure and fun to play. But Ubi shot themselves in the foot when they hyped and lied about the graphics. Now everyone can only focus on graphics because that's what they showed off. With inFamous SS the graphics weren't their main focus for marketing. So whether or not inFamous SS lived up to the graphic hype (regardless if it is just PS4 vs cross-gen) no one had anything reasons to compare it to previous graphics released by their marketing team.

This is everything that needs to be said about this game really.

Zemm

You (or your online self) have a "special" personality.

Your intellect has nothing to do with this statement so don't take it as i am calling you retarded but i would never call you or anyone else that. Nor would i judge your intelligence based off a few post but from this thread you put off a very special personality.

What the fuck is this?

Denton

Man, in some shots the game looks like GTA IV (I feel dirty for typing that). Then, it'll look almost jaw dropping. I'm starting to think it has everything to do with the time of day.

When playing GTA 4 on PC, sometimes it would look quite shit, and others look truly mind blowing, all down to the lighting. I guess Watch Dogs has the same thing going on.

knitoe

Sorry it took so long. Here are some more. Tried Fraps but the game would crash on bootup with it running, for whatever reason. Weird.

I changed the screenshot button for MSI to make it easier to hit and grabbed a vehicle to ride around in. As you can see in two or three screenshots, it made driving kind of hard.

http://imgur.com/a/1wWHM

I did a mission that involved escaping from cops and things got hectic but frames rarely dipped below 30, I think I noticed the number below that once.

The numbers are hard to see in same of the screenshots. I would suggest you go into rivatuner and change the color from purple (default) to something like white.

Fucking hell. 5 gb VRAM usage?

I don't know at whom I should be mad at. We'll see how my 3gb 780ti handles this. I'm expecting similar performance to my heavily modded Skyrim.

I wish there was a cheat code to turn him into your avatar.

Yup, physical copy.

Hey Gaz_RB any reason why you do PC physical copies? Just curious.

-

I'm not quite sure where the real hype level is at for this game, I don't know what to expect for GameStop's midnight release.

Jin

Ultra/1440p/TXAA2 - 4770/8GB/Titan (337.50 drivers)

CPU usage is 40-50%, RAM usage is hitting around 5GB, Vram 5GB too.

FPS is 40-60.

How's the fps and Vram usage if AA is off? I game at 1440p and I'm wondering how hard my 690 is going to choke.

Leb

So wait... has it actually been confirmed that if we were to pretend that it was 2006 and actually obtain a physical copy of the PC version, we could take it home and actually play it right away? Wouldn't it still be subject to a one-time activation in Uplay?

If this is not the case, well, Christ... where the hell do you buy physical copies of PC games in the Chicago area?

geeko

Man, I wish I knew of a Mom and Pop store here in the Sf bay area that is selling this early. I don't want to wait till Tuesday :/

You should be good actually. RAM usage is only 2.7gb so that isn't as demanding as ubi stated. However there are a few people using i5 2500k and not reaching above 50fps on ultra, but they were at 1440p. Maybe they were be right about cpu bottle necking at ultra. Not seen enough info to confirm

I'm sticking with 1080p, so fingers and toes crossed I'll get 'decent' performance.

Just received an email from MSFT that my pre order has shipped here in the States! Officially not viewing any more info or photos until I play hoping for limited spoilers :)

The map photo alone was enough to keep my moderate hype going. Look at all that water especially, want to hop into a boat and cruise woo hoo

Watching McWerthor's stream, and gotta say that daytime lightning looks flat to me :/ Also, that phone call, when he's chasing that guy through the tunnels, was cringeworthy.

On the brighter side, ironically, are those night-time rainy screenshots, they look really nice.

Edit: ok, daytime looks slightly better when you're in downtown, but that's due to shadows of all those skyscrapers. What I'm trying to say is that it kinda looks to bright to me.

d3rd3vil

Neo Member
That vram usage is absolutely shit can't be true. 5gb yeah right....for what? No no! Not even a 4gb 780ti would be enough then. Bullshit.

But goddamn why cant they just release it on uplay goddamn.....

Top Bottom