• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 New Previews, More

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Never outright but if you watch the gametrailers interview Ru says with a smirk there are some real figures of the time period that will play a huge role in the story. This combined with earlier footage that shows a paper being printed with the headline Whitechapel Murders, the area Jack the Ripper struck, it is not hard to connect the dots.

The interesting part also is what other characters of the period is Ru referring to as well?

Ah, fair enough. I was expecting Jack the Ripper to make an appearance but thought it had been verified.

nib95

Banned
Combat looks fantastic. Great hit detection, animations and general feedback. Weapons look like they pack a serious punch. I like that the enemies bodies react according to where you hit them, and add to that, there's a great blend of pace between typical pistol touting and slow motion, which is more methodical, and the insane veracity of using the thermite gun, which just unleashes mass carnage and often has the AI basically just hiding away lol.

Only thing I'd really improve based on what is here is the AI. A couple of times it's a bit too happy to just stay and shoot, when they need to be more active and have each others backs all the time, not just most of the time.

Also, using the thermite to melt metal could be awesome if used well.

But they've been leaked for years, it's where i got the hq beyond,tlou and infamous ss videos. It's just that the masses never found out about the site until recently. Probably why.
Yeah, with leaked I mean widespread. It was for a Killzone or Infamous video I think. They obviously noticed that so many people were logged in at the same time and putting load on the server, so I guess they finally decided to do something about it.

Spineker

Banned
Since this has been delayed, what are the odds of Sony surprising everyone at their conference by announcing a playable demo in the Summer/Fall? That would be quite huge, I think and a strong demonstration of their confidence in how the game is gonna turn out.

Raist

Banned
Never outright but if you watch the gametrailers interview Ru says with a smirk there are some real figures of the time period that will play a huge role in the story. This combined with earlier footage that shows a paper being printed with the headline Whitechapel Murders, the area Jack the Ripper struck, it is not hard to connect the dots.

The interesting part also is what other characters of the period is Ru referring to as well?

Final boss is Jack the Ripper, who's a giant werewolf.
Turns out, the man behind all this was Charles Darwin, on orders from Queen Victoria who wanted an army of Wolf-Men to invade Europe. Charles Dickens narrates the story (voiced by Stephen Fry). At some point, you come across Sherlock Holmes, who for once has no fucking clue what's going on and ends up dying from attempting to sniff thermite while smoking his pipe.

Ah, fair enough. I was expecting Jack the Ripper to make an appearance but thought it had been verified.

I don't see with all the hints and the time period matching up how Jack the Ripper doesn't make an appearance. Granted Jack terrorized in the year 1888, buy maybe with a new threat he gets started early :p

Slaythe

They've said quite a bit that it will have exploration but it's not open world.

The game is also single player only.

Well if the exemples in the video are any hints at what they call exploration, I shall not be satisfied.

And yeah single player only.

Like the last guardian, Infamous... God of War and Quantic Dreams too...Is Drive Club an actual multiplayer game ? I forgot, I thought it had somewhat of a delayed "commmunity feature" instead of real races with people, I might be wrong.

When you see Xbox One with sunset overdrive, titan fall, and Halo, this is going to become one huge problem very soon.

As amazing as a single player game is, you finish it, play it for one week, then it's done mostly, for games outside of the RPG / JPRG / ARPG / scoring games (which is quite a lot of games, but none of what Sony has in store for the near future anyway).

Unless Sony plans to have ps4 owners only play FIFA and Call of Duty online, mostly. Which would be sad.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Developers themselves have the option to send direct feed footage to the press though. Gamersyde unfortunately is probably not included there either most of the time.
Developers can't. Developers have *no* control what so ever of what they can show/send to the press, everything has to go through the publisher's PR, absolutely everything. Publishers absolutely refuse that developers have any sort of contact with the press without their supervision. We got blacklisted a few times because we had dared talk to devs without going through PR first...

DieH@rd

Banned
Their description of "soft cover" sounds very similar to The Last of Us' cover system. There's no toggle button, just get close enough and you'll enter cover.

Hopefully it will be more like Tomb Raider. In TLOU we still had to press crouch button to enable Joel to be viable for "soft cover sticking".

In TR whenever there is shooting, Lara would automatically embrace cover if it was near, much better solution.

Final boss is Jack the Ripper, who's a giant werewolf.
Turns out, the man behind all this was Charles Darwin, on orders from Queen Victoria who wanted an army of Wolf-Men to invade Europe. Charles Dickens narrates the story (voiced by Stephen Fry). At some point, you come across Sherlock Holmes, who for once has no fucking clue what's going on and ends up dying from attempting to sniff thermite while smoking his pipe.

I'd buy that.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I don't see with all the hints and the time period matching up how Jack the Ripper doesn't make an appearance. Granted Jack terrorized in the year 1888, buy maybe with a new threat he gets started early :p

Those narrow, lantern lit streets are going to be creepy as hell when the smog gets thick and Jack's on the hunt.

nib95

Banned
ibimowyJLDgklZ.gif

The facial animations in this one are just incredible.

Schryver

Wow that new studio logo might be my favorite company logo. Game looks pretty sexy too. Sucks that it won't be out this year but the wait will be worth it.

Game looks real at points, just insane and at times I can barely believe how far tech as come.

Have they implied what rating they're going for? Doesn't seem to be any blood when the enemies are shot at

Edit: Imagine it must be an M as I forgot the knife qte was rather gory. Suppose they have plenty of time to add in bullet wounds and the like.

This game just looks better and better. I know some people are concerned about the gameplay, but it looks pretty damn exciting to me.

Thanks for putting together those awesome gifs, everyone!

Developers can't. Developers have *no* control what so ever of what they can show/send to the press, everything has to go through the publisher's PR, absolutely everything. Publishers absolutely refuse that developers have any sort of contact with the press without their supervision. We got blacklisted a few times because we had dared talk to devs without going through PR first...
Disgusting. So I guess ND had to ask Sony first before putting the TLoU Remastered HQ trailer on their website? Utterly stupid.

My hype has only increased. I love the setting, the beards, the graphics are of course, top of the line.

JUST SHOW THE DAMN WEREWOLVES AT E3 THO

viveks86

Looks like Jack the Ripper will show up at E3 "very soon"

See this is only with a few extra seconds of gameplay and its already left a much better impression on people.

Nah, the people actually interested in the game are here. The rest are busy on the other threads ;)

I'm praying that this is more than a linear corridor shooter. I really want more better first titles to buy.

Sony's first party of Killzone, Knack, Driveclub and seemingly the Order are incredibly underwhelming.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Disgusting. So I guess ND had to ask Sony first before putting the TLoU Remastered HQ trailer on their website? Utterly stupid.

Of course. Sony are responsible for the game's marketing, and they can't do their job correctly if the devs are doing whatever they want...

andycapps

Is there a gif yet of around 2:40 in the Eurogamer interview? I can't see some in the OP because I'm at work. That part where they slowed down time was really cool how fluid everything was.

Top Bottom