• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread

duffey

If anyone can find that ad in a bigger size I can attempt to do it since blowing that picture up is going to make it look pretty bad.

De-mon

820pzl3.jpg

816fqxk.jpg

8b8wzsh.jpg

Maybe this will be not included (not same style)
6lajmtt.jpg

Just finished one more for the future custom theme.

a1nuae.jpg

Bumped for a custom Shenmue theme?

How disappointing.

Was looking for a GTA4 theme, or something, since all the one's I've found online are horrible.

Teknoman

m0dus said:
Wait. wat?

The ZoE 3 massacre of 2008. Buncha people got temp. axed because they persisted in talking about the game and over speculation in that Konami gamer day topic.

EDIT: This and your PS3 Cell powered black version theme are probably going to be in equal rotation.

h3ro

Thanks m0dus! Amazing theme and great sound effects!

Any chance we could get an individual upload of the walls included in the theme? I'd like to set one as the permanent wall and would really appreciate it bud.

Tr4nce

So, yesterday I tried to make my first PS3 theme and I must say that I am very happy with it. I uploaded the first version (1.00) to allps3themes.com and ps3files.net, but I now have also finished version 1.50 which includes better icons and also some sounds! I took the Parquet wallpaper from 2Shi over at Deviant Art and started customising. Let me know what you think of it and take it easy with me, I'm not as skilled as M0dus!

- Version 1.00 without sounds and old icons can be found here, right at the top --> http://www.allps3themes.com/

- I have uploaded version 1.50 today, but it's still waiting for approval, but I have uploaded it here --> http://download.yousendit.com/573CB7B051389C25

Preview:

thumb_Parquet.jpg

tha_con

Banned
alba said:
Same here, working on my MGS4 theme which i'll post picture of whenever it's done :]

I know (I also post on GTP, in fact I posted about my Theme there today as well). I'm eagerly awaiting your theme...it's been how long? :p HURRY!!!

Septimus

Draft said:
Did anyone save the Jet Set Radio or DMC4 themes Modus made? Links seem to be broken.
I made the Jet Set Radio theme and yeah I see how the original dl link is broken now. Someone else hosted it here though.

alba

Little is the new Big
tha_con said:
I know (I also post on GTP, in fact I posted about my Theme there today as well). I'm eagerly awaiting your theme...it's been how long? :p HURRY!!!

I know I know :(

el Diablo

Banned
Modus, curious if you plan on updating your already released themes with the new icons from the 2.40 firmware sometimes in the future or if you'll just start using them in your next theme.

GQman2121

Banned
Those MGS icons are dope; can't wait to see the finished theme.

Where do you guys go to get high res wallpapers? There's like a million different sites on the net, but are there any that just stand out as having the most content?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Does anyone know what Icons other than the main trophy icon in the game menu need to be added to custom themes? That's the only one I noticed was showing up as a question mark on my theme. Also, what is the name / xml scheme for that new icon? Do we even have a tool that can build the theme file that includes that new icon?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Marconelly said:
Does anyone know what Icons other than the main trophy icon in the game menu need to be added to custom themes? That's the only one I noticed was showing up as a question mark on my theme. Also, what is the name / xml scheme for that new icon? Do we even have a tool that can build the theme file that includes that new icon?

Theres also the power button on the User column. And a couple of others I think.

-viper-

Banned
tha_con said:
Working on an MGS4 theme. The wallpaper is only temp, should have something soon.

mgs4_preview.png
Is it possible to reduce the opacity of the icons so they are barely transparent? Curious to see how that would look.

Anyway, the theme looks pretty damn good.

tha_con

Banned
Guy's, that MGS4 theme has been done for a while, I forgot to update.

I will be adding more icons and possibly adding support for sounds. I don't know if the lili-chan theme compiler will work with the new icons, but I'll check it out, definitely want to finish that out.

There will also be some other minor tweaks. Maybe I'll release a change list :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Here's the updated theme with all the new icons. I've based the trophy icon on a platinum crown that I liked a lot and that was there for a few days in 2.40 firmware trophy section, but got removed in 2.41, and replaced with that... thing. So I decided to have the last word and recreate the crown.

Updated Theme

107m9sk.jpg

sv2ueo.png

This updated theme also contains one new wallpaper that I got from the official Uncharted theme (which other than that wallpaper wasn't all that great IMO).

fernoca

Marconelly said:
Here's the updated theme with all the new icons. I've based the trophy icon on a platinum crown that I liked a lot and that was there for a few days in 2.40 firmware trophy section, but got removed in 2.41, and replaced with that... thing. So I decided to have the last word and recreate the crown.

This updated theme also contains one new wallpaper that I got from the official Uncharted theme (which other than that wallpaper wasn't all that great IMO).
:O!
Awesome! :O!

EDIT:
Just downloaded/installed it..and darn..amazing job, keep the great work..I haven't been keeping up to date with this thread, so if you have any others..can you provide links? ;)

Top Bottom