• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread

De-mon

Two wallpapers (different versions) at 1080p. I´m not making a theme with this so, here are the pictures.

Click to enlarge.

Mik2121

I just made one of the wallpapers on HD:

cahwall.png

The real size is 1920x1080 pixels.

AndyD

aka andydumi
m0dus said:
On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, I have something official (and truly f#@$in' awesome, imho) in the works. Has been so for a couple months now . . .

Sadly, I am under NDA. Suffice it to say, you will know when it hits. . . uh . . . I hope.

Awesome.

Are you thinking about updating any of your old themes with new icons. I still love your various older themes, and I would love for the spare icon here and there to not be question marks anymore.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Doubledex said:
We need a great InFamous Theme

The old Infamous theme that is on PSN is excellent.

Does anyone have a good theme that changed wallpapers based on time of day? Isnt that a new feature of the themes recently? Or did I misread it? I wish I could have a nice theme with wallpapers that mirror the rough time of day.

Belgand

So almost a month later and no news on either the long-awaited SF IV or the upcoming and awesome-looking Calvin and Hobbes theme?

Ploid 3.0

I'd be glad with those awesome wallpapers for it until you finish everything else. The wallpapers please, I'm begging you man! I just want them on my ps3 and pc. Thought about stretching the small ones you posted but that wasn't good.

8b8wzsh.jpg

De-mon

Belgand said:
Those look cool, but please, please don't just use character portraits for icons. Seriously. It just makes it well, hard to use. I can't look at the icons and tell that they're, y'know, icons representing a function or a header rather than generic portraits to link it to the theme. Don't put the theme above the functionality. Usability should always comes first.

You are right.

Belgand

Yeah... seriously. Nobody's going to give you a hard time for being hard at work on other projects that you actually get paid for. I just like to check in every once in a while to keep the thread from going dormant. We need more themes dammit! Now all we need is to get Modus back and working on them.

2cfzb5t.jpg

Stage 1: Download (720p) / (1080p)

iwra74.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2q096hx.png

Stage 2: Download (720p) / (1080p)

3521c3t.jpg

NOT MY WORK

Stage 2 can be found here once finished but I'll post it here as well as soon as I see it's up. Looks so good on my KURO.

Aniom Taiga is finished and ready for download.

2q096hx.png

- Aniom Taiga (720P Displays)
- Aniom Taiga (1080P Displays)

More info:

Just a bit of Q/A -

Q) How many stages will there be?
A) Currently there are 4 planned

Q) Why is there seperate versions for 720p and 1080p?
A) This is due to how the icons are integrated into the theme, in order to display in the correct line despite icon zoom (selected icons always 10% bigger), i have to use one pixel below center of the icon image (dead center is a subpixel for unselected on 720p, so they not only appear slightly blurred, but they end up out of alignment too, however because theres no subpixel level on 1080p due to the resolution, the icons display correctly and thus the pixel lower than center doesn't need to compensate for subpixel, this basically results in having to shift the background image up 2 pixels, an easy fix really.
On top of that, the 720p version is optimized for sharpest output at that resolution, rather than downsizing the 1080p background (which makes it slightly blurred).

Q) Love the icons, where did you get them / can i have them for my own backgrounds
A) Icons were all made custom for Aniom, i will be in the near future releasing a version with icons only, with all main icons done in the same style as the submenu icons, for anyone wanting to use them on their own backgrounds.

Got a question?, hit reply and ask.

Again, updates will be posted here.

BeeDog

Thanks for the heads-up, amazing theme. Could someone recommend other high-end professional themes (that aren't gaming related)?

AndyD

aka andydumi
These themes show the need for auto theme rotation. And theme playlists... Or maybe add the wallpapers in rotation... which is possible already.

Imagine the theme morphing from one to the next in the background. Or at least wallpapers.

AndyD said:
These themes show the need for auto theme rotation. And theme playlists... Or maybe add the wallpapers in rotation... which is possible already.

Imagine the theme morphing from one to the next in the background. Or at least wallpapers.

Yeah, this would be awesome. I'd love to load to a new theme every time I start up my PS3. :D

Brilliant themes, thank you for posting - finally some beautiful & functional themes. My only complaint (and it's a minor one) is that the TV icon (for people with PlayTV) kinda ruins the uniformity of all the circular catagory icons.

Top Bottom