• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread

Kakusha said:
Chrono Trigger :D

Pretty cool. Thanks.

btw, did you put sounds on it?

I don't know why, but I have an obsession with adding sound into custom themes now. I even edited older ones to add sounds, like the LBP m0dus one and the JGR one.

Don

Modus, will you be updating any of your old themes with the new icons that where added? The Okami theme is still my favorite theme but theres an annoying question mark appearing now for some of the missing icons like the trophy icon.

Vard

Don said:
Modus, will you be updating any of your old themes with the new icons that where added? The Okami theme is still my favorite theme but theres an annoying question mark appearing now for some of the missing icons like the trophy icon.
I'm also using the Okami theme, although I don't have any trophies yet... That would definitely be cool if it was updated.

I googled and it seems nobody has made a PaRappa theme yet... I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that could be awesome.

Ploid 3.0

Maggot9 said:
Surely modus is almost done his Silent Hill theme with Homecoming coming out rather soon.

:(

Heh (I didn't post in this thread because of this post however).

De-mon, I don't care if you have the stock PSN icons, those backgrounds are great enough to stand on their own. Having them change randomly would be enough for me to keep it as my theme. Push out a beta for us that want those wallpapers as our theme!

web01

Vard said:
I'm also using the Okami theme, although I don't have any trophies yet... That would definitely be cool if it was updated.

I googled and it seems nobody has made a PaRappa theme yet... I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that could be awesome.

The okami theme is so awesome its my fav of ANY of the custom or official themes released.
Would be better with the new icons though.

De-mon

Ploid 3.0 said:
Heh (I didn't post in this thread because of this post however).

De-mon, I don't care if you have the stock PSN icons, those backgrounds are great enough to stand on their own. Having them change randomly would be enough for me to keep it as my theme. Push out a beta for us that want those wallpapers as our theme!

It would have to be finishing it, certain. By the way, I did one more, still not finished.

id6tlw.jpg

So I have...

820pzl3.jpg

816fqxk.jpg

8b8wzsh.jpg

a1nuae.jpg

262pcg5.jpg

De-mon said:
It would have to be finishing it, certain. By the way, I did one more, still not finished.

id6tlw.jpg

So I have...

820pzl3.jpg

816fqxk.jpg

8b8wzsh.jpg

a1nuae.jpg

262pcg5.jpg

this theme has been in development longer then Home, I'd hope the icons stand out with those wallpapers

BeeDog

Ken Masters said:
this theme has been in development longer then Home, I'd hope the icons stand out with those wallpapers

Indeed... the icons will surely need some solid square/circle backdrop to even be visible on top of these (wonderful looking) wallpapers.

A.R.K

Hi gaffers,

I have released v2.0 for my PS3ThemeCreator.

Download 2.0 here

2.0 Feature List
  1. Support for FW2.5 icons.
  2. Support for sounds.
  3. Includes tool to convert audio file to vag format.
  4. Drag and Drop images directly to the icons and backgrounds.
  5. New preview mode.
  6. Notification of missing icons on screen.
  7. Double clicking on p3t files will launch them directly in PS3ThemeCreator.

Enjoy and happy holidays to all!
holidaycard2_small.JPG

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
abdulrahim said:
Hi gaffers,

I have released v2.0 for my PS3ThemeCreator.

Download 2.0 here
Thank you! Now I can finally update my theme with those few new 2.5 icons. I had no idea what their names were supposed to be in the XML.

*edit* Has anyone been able to figure out how to do those special effect surface icons, like the default themes have now? Trophy icon has this sort of crystal blending sheen, and Magnifying glass icon actually magnifies what's below it for example.

Ploid 3.0

Why didn't this guy just release these backgrounds. He never finished it ; ; Such a shame. Blowing these up don't look good as they do small.

816fqxk.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
m0dus said:
On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, I have something official (and truly f#@$in' awesome, imho) in the works. Has been so for a couple months now . . .

Sadly, I am under NDA. Suffice it to say, you will know when it hits. . . uh . . . I hope.
Metal Gear...?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So, nofi found out that the official PS3 Theme creator from Sony has been released to v1.5. The new 2.70 firmware now lets you control when to place backgrounds on your themes. You can do it on a specific day (December 25th) or a timeframe (December 1st-10th) or use the hours and minutes of the day (12:11pm-9:44pm) to display backgrounds. There's also a new icon to skin (the textchat icon).

Just thought I'd give a heads up!

Septimus

Ah I miss this thread. Maybe I'll update my Jet Set Radio theme with all the new icons and perhaps make a brand new theme when I have time.

De-mon

Ploid 3.0 said:
Why didn't this guy just release these backgrounds. He never finished it ; ; Such a shame. Blowing these up don't look good as they do small.

816fqxk.jpg

Coming soon!!! (I hope).

JB1981

m0dus said:
On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, I have something official (and truly f#@$in' awesome, imho) in the works. Has been so for a couple months now . . .

Sadly, I am under NDA. Suffice it to say, you will know when it hits. . . uh . . . I hope.

How come I can never see your themes on the store?

Also to the people creating custom themes, please keep readability in mind. Please make art that matches my ability to see my XMB. PlzKThx.

Belgand

De-mon said:
Now I´m doing the icons (the more boring part of all).

jig7k4.jpg

2wme0pf.jpg

Those look cool, but please, please don't just use character portraits for icons. Seriously. It just makes it well, hard to use. I can't look at the icons and tell that they're, y'know, icons representing a function or a header rather than generic portraits to link it to the theme. Don't put the theme above the functionality. Usability should always comes first.

Top Bottom