• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR - Beta Phase 4 Aug 16-19. [open beta now over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not gonna lie here, they didn't try very hard with this one. It started out hilarious with the part about not understanding timezones but then completely fell apart. It also didn't make sense that the Director and Producer of the game was complaining about not being able to find a city in a game he made.

I've seen some amazing uses of this meme. This one was at best average.

I'm not gonna lie here, they didn't try very hard with this one. It started out hilarious with the part about not understanding timezones but then completely fell apart. It also didn't make sense that the Director and Producer of the game was complaining about not being able to find a city in a game he made.

I've seen some amazing uses of this meme. This one was at best average.

I think that's what made it so funny. The idea that the guy who made the game has no idea how to play it. I might be overthinking it, but that's really funny to me. Like, what'd he do? Find the markets in Gridania, buy a fishing pole, and just do nothing else except fish and look for Limsa?

Hilarious.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think that's what made it so funny. The idea that the guy who made the game has no idea how to play it. I might be overthinking it, but that's really funny to me. Like, what'd he do? Find the markets in Gridania, buy a fishing pole, and just do nothing else except fish and look for Limsa?

Hilarious.

You would be surprised how many devs make games but are not exactly good at them. Since unlike "gamers" most of these guys are stuck trying to get the product out the door rather than sit around playing every single inch of the virtual world. Its as a senior once told me within a company I used to work at.

"When you work in a game company, the time you have to play games vanishes."

Which is true for him considering he is a family man and has life things to take care of when he comes home late from work usually daily. Unlike others who may not have a family so can go home and do whatever they want without the same sorts of responsibilities put over them.

This might be a silly question or already answered but if I pre-ordered the ps3 version and my wife the PC version, would we be able to interchange systems? Like would I be able to play on the PC?

Parakeetman

This might be a silly question or already answered but if I pre-ordered the ps3 version and my wife the PC version, would we be able to interchange systems? Like would I be able to play on the PC?

No reason why not, considering all your account data is stored SQEX side and not on your PC / PS3.

As long as your login credentials are correct you should be good to go either way.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
No reason why not, considering all your account data is stored SQEX side and not on your PC / PS3.

As long as your login credentials are correct you should be good to go either way.

No, you need to buy the both platforms to be able to play on both systems.

So your wife need an extra PS3 and you another PC copy.

That way you can play on PC/PS3

Parakeetman

Ah sorry had thought he was asking if he and his wife (both having two separate accounts) and interchanging between who uses the PC / PS3 versions. Since its similar to what I did with FF11. Had both the PS2 / PC versions. So would log in from either one with my account depending on what I wanted to play on a the time.

Reveirg

Yep, once the client is installed on each platform, you can access your account on any of them.

Eusis

Kind of disappointing to not at least get PC complimentary with PS3. PS3's obvious just because they'd want their royalties covered, but PC doesn't have that.

Well, hopefully at least PS3 -> PC they have some sort of discount planned (at worst there'll be a great sale sooner or later), and I'll be surprised if they don't do anything on the PS3 -> PS4 front given that current gen games will get heavy discounts for the next gen versions.

I have always wondered why Squenix has separate sites for Square-Enix Members, Square-Enix Account, and Square-Enix Account Management which are all different things and you can fuck yourself if you don't register the right way to all of them.

As expected of Squenix, the code redemption is a clusterfuck. People who survived 1.0 remember how fucked up setting your account up was back then, it looks like Squenix literally hasn't learned a thing from that.

Emitan

I have always wondered why Squenix has separate sites for Square-Enix Members, Square-Enix Account, and Square-Enix Account Management which are all different things and you can fuck yourself if you don't register the right way to all of them.

As expected of Squenix, the code redemption is a clusterfuck. People who survived 1.0 remember how fucked up setting your account up was back then, it looks like Squenix literally hasn't learned a thing from that.

I have detailed handwritten instructions somewhere on how to log in to FFXI. Square can't do this at all.

teiresias

So he'd have to have two installs on each system for what he's wanting to do? That seems like a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom