• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB The Drenched Forests of Canada

Meh it's not quite up to Forza's level of graphics, right Ryan McCaffrey?

I don't normally like to call out members of the gaming press for their comments, but Ryan's got to live with his ridiculous statement. He seems like a nice guy but he's come across like a Microsoft/Xbox fanboy on numerous occasions.

In reality, that footage is INCREDIBLE. Absolutely trounces Forza graphically.

Joeki11a

Banned
I actually like hearing your perspective, but I was under the impression that the driving was tightened up this year.

Is there anything specific you dont like?

I still dont get why the visuals are point of a Driving game, look around all these people focusing on the worlds effects like any of that matters when you are driving at full speeds.

I understand if you are hype to see the replays, ya thats when that matters but not when you are in a fully competitive race,
I swear some here will stop in a race to look at the graphics lol, think about how silly that is

When are they going to finally reveal the package? show the infamous Club aspects already, how fun and interesting is it?, how is the AI?, you know tell about the damn game
enough about the graphics already.

Portugeezer

It's an arcade racing game, so it's easier to achieve that graphics than on an FPS or freeroaming title, but no doubt it looks great.

wpid-wee-bey-oh-shit2.gif

Meh it's not quite up to Forza's level of graphics, right Ryan McCaffrey?

I don't normally like to call out members of the gaming press for their comments, but Ryan's got to live with his ridiculous statement. He seems like a nice guy but he's come across like a Microsoft/Xbox fanboy on numerous occasions.

In reality, that footage is INCREDIBLE. Absolutely trounces Forza graphically.

I don't agree with him, I do think Forza Horizon 2 looks great though. They are both superb. Why do we all have to argue anyway, it's all opinion.

I still dont get why the visuals are point of a Driving game, look around all these people focusing on the worlds effects like any of that matters when you are driving at full speeds.

I understand if you are hype to see the replays, ya thats when that matters but not when you are in a fully competitive race,
I swear some here will stop in a race to look at the graphics lol, think about how silly that is

When are they going to finally reveal the package? show the infamous Club aspects already, how fun and interesting is it?, how is the AI?, you know tell about the damn game

This is one of the more intelligent things I have ever heard in this forum.
what in the hell

I don't agree with him, I do think Forza Horizon 2 looks great though. They are both superb. Why do we all have to argue anyway, it's all opinion.

Forza looks fun as hell but visually it left a lot to be desired for me.

Joeki11a

Banned
I actually like hearing your perspective, but I was under the impression that the driving was tightened up this year.

Is there anything specific you dont like?

I still dont get why the world visuals are a huge
focal point of a Driving game, look around all these people focusing on the worlds effects like any of that matters when you are driving at full speeds.

VanWinkle

Obviously this isn't the game for you. A lot of people care about the visuals in a game, and can especially appreciate a game who's visuals are this good. They've spoken about the gameplay. They've spoken about how each of the ~50 cars are carefully chosen to each feel and handle very differently. They've spoken about how important it is to make the racing fun and visceral. They've spoken about the variety of course locations and course types. They've spoken about how much handling will be affected by snow and rain. They've spoken at length about clubs and their points and challenges system.

You see the lack of hundreds of cars and upgrades/tweaking as a reason for the game to not be worth full retail price. What you don't realize is this game isn't about having hundreds of cars and upgrades/tweaks. It's about going into some incredible locations around the world, racing at high speeds and challenging friends and club rivals, earning points towards new cars, and just enjoying the feeling of racing and competing. All that wrapped in an incredible presentation.

HardRojo

I'm not even that much into racing sims/games but man seeing those clips and imagining it running my TV... I want it!

In what world is GT racing isnt fast and exciting?, are you kidding me?. GT clearly takes a more intellectual aspect to reaching those aspects, you need to tweak your ride and upgrade it, if you play it right clearly the fast fun crazy cars are there to drive.

GT isnt some game where you do slow laps and all that, thats the initial steps maybe but once the game opens up you will ride amazing cars at 60fps that you can tweak and make them even better!.

Oh and GT has Online aspects, not sure why many forget that, it isnt "single player centric" or whatever he said, GT is a full fledge Driving game with overwhelming depth & content.

Show me what Depth & Content DriveClub has, I dont see it, all I see is Graphics gawking, where is the hype for if the AI are brutal and take skills to beat them?. Tell me more about that, dont care for rain drops.

I love Gran Turismo but DC and GT are apples and oranges, I think Gran Turismo is the game for aficionados, the people who are interested in the engineering as well as the racing and have a general passion for the automobile through the generations, you get the concept cars and the old cars and your family hatchback, and you can wallow in the minutiae of it all, gear ratios, ride heights, tyre pressures. Driveclub is "I want to chuck this on and have fun with my club and drive around Scotland" it has the competitive depth of beating your friends and is (I assume) an easier game to be extravagant in, powersliding around corners etc

Neither is better than the other, they both do different things and they're both very much worth their money.

I don't get why you're saying it's focus on graphics somehow makes it a lesser game though, GT is realism, that's it's purpose, to look and feel as realistic as possible. You say you don't care about graphics but that's a fair percentage of what GT is.

Forza Horizon 2 looks just as good to me IMO

On a technical level FH2 is impressive because it's open world as well

Opinions though, both look really good.

You sure? First time this was revealed the dev was creaming over the quality of....leather seats. Nothing about this game has been about the actual feel of Driving at all, it has all been about boasting it like tech demo.

Oh look at the leather, look at the world dynamicly change wow...oh dynamic menus...

I am calling it like I see it, I never seen the dev talking about this being about the cars and feeling of Driving.

This was delayed based on having zero focus,
now it looks like it has one, showcasing graphics thats it, dare you to tell me that hasnt been the case. I am sorry if I am not impressed by graphics, I dont play racing games for that, its for the driving gameplay and depth/reason to do tons of races, DriveClub PS+ will be enough to deliver the reason to play this, you cant deny that, peace.

Bro this was supposed to be a launch game, which leads us to believe they were pretty far along in development. Usually when developing a game its the mechanics and gameplay that is finished up first and the graphics tweaking is done up until released (polish stage). But somehow I am sure you know this. But we all know you do nothing but bitch and moan and troll. We aren't stupid. Besides there is a ps+ version free to EVERYONE who has ps+ so you are essentially complaining just to complain. Keep your negativity to yourself and let people be excited for the game. Try the free version and if you don't like it no one is forcing you to play it.

Chobel

Ryan McCaffrey and (the guy you quoted) didn't compare DC to FH2, but he compared it to Forza 5 saying DC looking as good as Forza 5.

Joeki11a

Banned
Obviously this isn't the game for you. A lot of people care about the visuals in a game, and can especially appreciate a game who's visuals are this good. They've spoken about the gameplay. They've spoken about how each of the ~50 cars are carefully chosen to each feel and handle very differently. They've spoken about how important it is to make the racing fun and visceral. They've spoken about the variety of course locations and course types. They've spoken about how much handling will be affected by snow and rain. They've spoken at length about clubs and their points and challenges system.

You see the lack of hundreds of cars and upgrades/tweaking as a reason for the game to not be worth full retail price. What you don't realize is this game isn't about having hundreds of cars and upgrades/tweaks. It's about going into some incredible locations around the world, racing at high speeds and challenging friends and club rivals, earning points towards new cars, and just enjoying the feeling of racing and competing.

Yeah they spoke and spoke on all that, but look around that isnt what the game is being sold on at all, its all about oh the raindrops and dynamic worlds effects, the power only on PS4 you know how it is.

Again thank god they did the PS+ aspect because that pretty much will deliver the experience without spending $65, for me atleast.

wicko

You basically have to convince them to put money in a department they've abandonned. Good luck with that.

Making the drivers open source would require minimal work and honestly Sony could technically contribute to this cost as they stand to gain something out of it.

Ryan McCaffrey and (the guy you quoted) didn't compare DC to FH2, but he compared it to Forza 5 saying DC looking as good as Forza 5.

I see. I don't know why people can't just like games and have to argue all the time, it gets boring after a while. I'm reading some of the posts here and they read like planted PR statements.

Because when you actually compare the footage, Driveclub is clearly FAR more impressive. Sometimes calling something an opinion comes across as an excuse to justify a ridiculous viewpoint. How can anyone actually believe that Forza has better graphics?

TheCloser

Banned

Opinions can be wrong and your's is. Forza Horizon 2 is the worst looking of the 3 racing games coming out this fall. It goes Driveclub, Project Cars, Forza.

Because My avatar is of an Xbox game doesn't mean I can have an opinion.

Thanks.

And opinions can be wrong also. It's pretty obvious to just about everyone with a set of eyes Forza does not look as good as this, open world or not. I'm not saying it won't improve but from I've seen so far it's a BIG difference.

VanWinkle

Yeah they spoke and spoke on all that, but look around that isnt what the game is being sold on at all, its all about oh the raindrops and dynamic worlds effects, the power only on PS4 you know how it is.

Again thank god they did the PS+ aspect because that pretty much will deliver the experience without spending $65, for me atleast.

You were mad that they didn't talk about the gameplay, but now you want to disregard the gameplay talk because they also talk about the visuals.

Here's the thing: this is the first exclusive PS4 racing game of the new generation. It objectively looks incredible. They will obviously want to detail all that went into this game's visual presentation. They talk about the gameplay often. The graphics talk is just the reality of the situation, being a new IP racing game exclusive to PS4.

As an aside: why in the world do you keep saying $65?

Putty

Please, enlighten the group as to how FH2 looks as good as this? A detailed analysis if you will.

Top Bottom