• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Smash Bros character to be revealed on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatchtag

Banned
I never argued against the inclusion of Palutena, though I'm surprised to see people asking for Hades and previously for Magnus. Agree to disagree, he's certainly done many things right with the series but has also done many questionable decisions, imo.

Which is what baffles me, Ridley has been highly requested for years yet his excuse was he's too big. If he's so willing to please the fans why not give them a character they've been asking for for so long like Megaman, Pac-man, and Villager?

That just enters into the area of who he's making the game for which is a whole other argument. Anyway, if he hates a popular character then it'd be pretty childish on his part not to include him due to his personal dislike of them.

Then why do you claim he's so biased? Like, what is your reasoning for that claim? King Dedede and Meta Knight being in Brawl (which is a poor reason because both were long overdue), both being good in Brawl (again, a poor reason because Kirby was still shit, and it was likely just a coincidence from him not being very good at balancing), or him doing Kid Icarus Uprising (which is a poor reason, as he designed the gameplay before he decided that Kid Icarus would be a good fit for it)?

Yes, his excuse is that he's too big. That doesn't mean he hasn't considered it, in fact, it kind of means the opposite. If he think it'd be too much work, he's had enough experience to know that it probably is. That doesn't mean he wouldn't be willing to do it. In fact, you agreed that Megaman, Pac-man, and Villager were highly requested. And, despite his arguing that they wouldn't work, he put them in this time. Just because he didn't do that for every character he argued wouldn't work, doesn't mean he's ignoring fans. It just means he doesn't think Ridley would be a good use of resources compared to the other characters.
Although, I still believe this is all moot, and that Ridley will be in, but that's neither here nor there.

For your last point, I just was simply suggesting that it'd be more worthwhile for him to make a character he likes and thinks could be fun then for him to struggle to come up with a moveset for a character who he's just lost for ideas on. You focused more on the hate part of the argument. And while it would be a little childish to not include a character because he hated them, there's no examples of him doing this, and I doubt he would do it.

Protag

Banned
How do you have a an awakening stage, and no main rep from awakening?

Its GOT to be Chrom

If not, that makes no sense, there are always stages attached to their respective rep. ile and marth are obviously not originally from awakening, and it would be a copout to say that
marth was in awakening because it was really Luci

Its GOT to be Chrom

If not, that makes no sense, there are always stages attached to their respective rep. ile and marth are obviously not originally from awakening, and it would be a copout to say that
Chrom is in, but this character reveal is most likely for Shulk.

(Ironically, out of Rhythm Heaven, Awakening, and Xenoblade, the latter is the only one that we already haven't seen as part of a stage/game mode)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Its GOT to be Chrom

Jesus people they dont reveal everyone at once, just because X was revealed at this update doesnt mean y wont happen

Mortemis

Banned
Woah, how did I miss this thread until now! Can't say I'd really be excited by Shulk since I haven't played Xenoblade yet, but I'm all for newcomers.

Its GOT to be Chrom

Brawl had Animal Crossing and Electroplankton stages while I doubt we're getting a Balloon Fight rep in this game. Stages don't necessarily have to relate to a specific character.

EDIT: Before anybody responds I know Chrom's already been leaked, I just mean using stages as an indicator for who'll be in isn't the best logic.

Hatchtag

Banned

Its GOT to be Chrom

There's two DK characters and no stage from DK on the Wii U version (and the 3DS one only has a past stage).

I know that DK stages will almost certainly be in both versions, I'm just saying that they don't have to be revealed at the same time.

Growlie19

Don't get cocky. Stay sharp. Stay focused.

Yes sir!

As much as I want Shulk in, a character not from the Gematsu leak would be amazing! Many people are dead set on the final 3 as the only other newcomers, and Ridley or Takamaru would stop that train of thought for some.

Give me Cranky Kong as a surprise. We need a bouncy cane character for the series!

Please Sakurai. I will never talk smack about Shulk again.

IsaacPromo2.jpg

This reminds me of the time leading up to Brawl's release when the final roster was starting to crystalize and so many people were salty that the arbitrary character they had chosen to make a personal obsession out of hadn't been included. Bring on the tears!

Hatchtag

Banned
This reminds me of the time leading up to Brawl's release when the final roster was starting to crystalize and so many people were salty that the arbitrary character they had chosen to make a personal obsession out of hadn't been included. Bring on the tears!

The feeling when I had chosen R.O.B. as my arbitrary character to root for and he was shown to be in was god damn glorious.

The feeling when I had chosen R.O.B. as my arbitrary character to root for and he was shown to be in was god damn glorious.

Likewise. I was definitely in the minority group who felt that ROB was an awesome inclusion. Really hoping he's back in.

What if ROB is a "mech" that Shulk is fighting in the reveal trailer? That'd be funny.

If it's someone from the leak list, I'd like to see Chrom.

If it's anyone... Every character from Ouendan/EBA fighting as a giant tag team!

Seik

Banned
If not Shulk I'd take Dunban.

I can see him using a normal sword.

Then for his Final Smash he gets out the Monado and becomes temporarily very badass. Would make sense since he can't handle it for too long.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
If not Shulk I'd take Dunban.

I can see him using a normal sword.

Then for his Final Smash he gets out the Monado and becomes temporarily very badass. Would make sense since he can't handle it for too long.
Too bad his inclusion makes no sense.

Neoxon

Could be one of the other 2, or a newcomer not included in the leak (like Rosalina)
Seeing as we're close to the Japanese release, I doubt there are anymore that weren't already leaked, not to mention Sakurai's comment of him running out of newcomers to reveal.

Hatchtag

Banned
If you don't mind me asking... What Sal Romano leak?

Round 1, pre-E3 2013, guy leaks to Sal Romano, owner of Gematsu that Villager, Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-man, and Mii will be in.
Round 2, pre-Smash Direct, guy leaks to him again, claims Pac-man and Mii are still coming, but also says Palutena, a Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y, Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men are coming as well.
Round 3, pre-E3 2014, makes the same claims again. Also corrects Mii to being Mii Fighter, mentions that they're considering cutting Lucas or Ness, and leaning more towards cutting Lucas, mentions this will be the last E3 before Smash 4, and mentions that they're planning on character DLC, and that he's a bit bummed about it.

Seeing as we're close to the Japanese release, I doubt there are anymore that weren't already leaked, not to mention Sakurai's comment of him running out of newcomers to reveal.

Sakurai did not say he was running out of newcomers to reveal. He said he was running out of already made trailers of newcomers.
Could mean that more trailers are yet to be made, but that seems unlikely.

I personally think there are newcomers that were not leaked. It seems weird to reveal all newcomers before release and not have any be unlockable post-launch secrets.

I've never played Xenoblade (I know,I know, I will eventually) but I've always loved the monado's design, so if Shulk is in I will love being able to play as him.

I also want takamaru

The new X game is Xenoblade related, correct? I know nothing about the series, will Shulk be present or is it not that kind of thing? I figure that will be my first foray into the Xeno Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom