• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advertise your community threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

ToonamiGAF:

Talk about Chinese cartoons every Saturday night. Also the unofficial home of BleachGAF.

tumblr_m609u8ILP61ry2dofo1_500.gif

KeionGAF:

Talk about K-On! Talk about shows that look like K-On! Talk about shows that don't look like K-On! Talk about cute. Talk about pure. Talk about
ibxNkcwwAX8RSb.gif
and lewd related accessories.

YhgPWW0.gif

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
AnimeGAF
Your favorite anime is shit, and we constantly remind you of it,
i'm kidding, we love beautiful and cute thing as well. Also, i like my fictional wafu to be older than 21, with mature look

MangaGaf
Absolewd. and talk about the big3 (naruto, one piece, bleach). Once in a while, your x is shit.

Jex

I just read through it and it seems there's just as many people being sympathetic with him as there are people angry with him. I've posted in the anime thread a few times, but Iunno if I can go back now. My perception of some of the people in there is all fucked after reading that.

This isn't really the venue to air this discussion, and certainly not to defend anyone, but there's only about two people who defended that stance compared to a number of negative comments on the matter. Others don't comment because of the non-confrontational stance that many people take. I've just re-read that whole segment to check that I wasn't off on this.

Unfortunately such views exist in certain corners of the anime/manga/Japanese videogame fandom and they can be found in other parts of GAF and elsewhere on the Internet. Which is no surprise given that creators in Japan are creating content specifically for their particular proclivities.

They are neither encouraged or supported by the AnimeGAF thread. Such comments have never been made in the past (or at least since 2009 when I started posting) and after the amount of backlash and disgust they received they haven't been aired since.

NFL-GAF

avoid at all costs

Agreed.

Stay the hell out.

Much like Gaf itself, you must submit for entry and then wait anywhere from a couple of days to six months for us to approve or deny your membership request

I hear NFL-GAF is very insular.
Yep. NFL-GAF is one of the worst communities on GAF. Stay the hell away from our fort.

vXdKLhg.jpg

I vouch for MLB-GAF. We all love the game of baseball and most importantly we all love the Los Angeles Dodgers. Rich history and great players! Tons of great Dodger fans in that thread including myself, sf2fanatic, Pryce, JDeluis, brianjones, XiaNaphryz, Duff, Corran Horn, Sir Alemeth, Cygnus, Matrix, Dominican Power, Mr. Enigma, eznark, Sanjuro and many many more! So come on down and discuss the greatest sport in the history of planet Earth! You won't regret it!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788453

I just read through it and it seems there's just as many people being sympathetic with him as there are people angry with him. I've posted in the anime thread a few times, but Iunno if I can go back now. My perception of some of the people in there is all fucked after reading that.

There are more people being non-confrontational than sympathetic. Regardless of their views on the subject, most believe animegaf is not the place to discuss it, and after this post made by duckroll, it isn't.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'd advertise Black Culture GAF, but y'all lurk it anyway, so what's the point?

;p

We are a very friendly bunch in LEGO GAF. But the community is VERY bad for your wallet because we are all enablers that will convince you to spend more and more on the hobby.

LEGO GAF also helped spread the word for making Wetwired's Ghostbusters set a reality. As did many other GAF members.

Come join us. Everything is awesome.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
There is a neogaf PC Fifa team, a team that plays online versus other teams in a league format where everyone controls one player they create, characters progress and get better by unlocking achievements like passing and shooting. It is great fun, we have been going 2 years and we are rank 40 in the world. The mumble is the most hilarious thing I have ever listened to. All are welcome!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679185

Enron

Banned
This isn't really the venue to air this discussion, and certainly not to defend anyone, but there's only about two people who defended that stance compared to a number of negative comments on the matter. Others don't comment because of the non-confrontational stance that many people take. I've just re-read that whole segment to check that I wasn't off on this.

Unfortunately such views exist in certain corners of the anime/manga/Japanese videogame fandom and they can be found in other parts of GAF and elsewhere on the Internet. Which is no surprise given that creators in Japan are creating content specifically for their particular proclivities.

They are neither encouraged or supported by the AnimeGAF thread. Such comments have never been made in the past (or at least since 2009 when I started posting) and after the amount of backlash and disgust they received they haven't been aired since.

AnimeGAF needs more MECHA

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Would you mind providing a link to the page in thread when this occurred?
I think this is it.

Disclaimer: This post is entirely my own point of view and interpretation of the situation surrounding the recent changes to AnimeGAF. I speak for myself and no one else.

I don't want to go into the fine details behind the debacle because it involves a lot of people tangentially related and might reflect negatively on the community as a whole, something I want to avoid given our reputation on this board and posts like that one.

Suffice to say that we, as a community, do not condone this type of behavior at its extremes. The thing you have to understand is that you don't get anywhere in this hobby if you take people too seriously, especially fellow fans, so when shit like that cropped up, we grumbled a bit in the thread and in private channels and then moved on.

Recent events have conspired to bring the issue of AnimeGAF culture to the forefront of discussion, and with this thread serving the backbreaking straw, duckroll decided enough was enough and laid down the law.

The response has been overwhelmingly positive:
If you really want to see people practicing, go hang out at the practice rooms at your local university. See how long you last.

I approve this message.

This seems about right. I don't enjoy having to explain completely unexplainable posts from this thread to people outside it.

so i can read this thread at work safely now?

Thanks duckroll.

Thank you Based Duckroll.

Thank you mods.

ducky doing what he should have did the moment the words "adorably rapey" were posted in that order on neogaf

I was going to post something quirky or overdramatic, but instead I think I'll just say thank you duckroll.

*sees duck rolls message*

rvxXR9N.gif

APoj1Yi.png

the golden age of real tawk is upon us.

Excellent! Shit was getting out of hand.

No complaints here. Some stuff was just getting way out of hand

yeah it was tbh. But at least it was being labelled first.
I believe this is referred to as the "silent majority".

The community shares part of the responsibility for the declining posting standards because our silence was clearly interpreted as tacit approval by some members. Anime fans, particularly ones on GAF, are by and large timid people. We don't want to stir up more shit than we need to, we just want a place to engage in our hobby without a constant parade of trolling. We put up with a lot of shit from the internet in general, so we feel obligated to live and let live when it comes to other fans. This is the reasoning, I feel, inside a lot of posters heads when they saw something objectionable and didn't raise a fuss over it.

The "cameltoe" post crossed a line for many people. One thing led to another and here we are. Hopefully, you and others will think better of us in the future.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Programming-GA...

OK then Fancy Poster GAF is full o... Oh

Well, of course WrassleGAF is here.

But I bet you guys forgot about the community that died for your sins, Rock Band G...

Well damn. Good job everyone. Carry on.

HiResDes

I've been to a lot of hip and rap forums, and Gaf-Hop still has the most informed and intelligent posters of any of them, oh and the best taste too. If you want the scoop on what's hot or even what was slept on in the past come to Gaf-Hop.

Booshka

I wish ShadowrunGAF was a thing, but that game is dead as fuck and now infamous on GAF because of the notorious Brimstone.

Instead, check out Souls GAF, in either the Demon's, Dark 1, or Dark 2, Community Souls threads, tons of helpful and active regular posters that are willing to get you through the games, and discuss them when you get obsessed with the series like the rest of us.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just so we're clear, as an outsider looking in, Pop-GAF does indeed have the best GIFs. WrassleGAF is probably top 5 tho

smurfx

get some go again
simpsons thread
funny pics thread

come join us if you want a shot of simpsons nostalgia or want a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom