• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

Next week's issue of Famitsu is said to have a 100 page Super Smash Bros. for 3DS supplement. It's due out on the 11th of September

Wow, no way that's not full roster. Or at least I hope so. Makes me hopeful for a smash direct this week to nip the famitsu info in the bud. Sakurai has been the arbiter of all major reveals, so if famitsu spills the bean, sakurai will have done so already.

That or it's a boring rehash of all the info we already know :(

Man do you know what stages I miss? The N64 ones that never came back, these were my favorites.

MushroomKingdomSSB.jpg

SaffronCitySSB.png

I liked Saffron City because it was the only stage I could get the pacifist award on against a cpu. Pikachu kills himself every time if you leave him alone.

Mushroom Kingdom U
It's funny how a series often slammed for boring visuals and locales has so far given me the most appealing looking Smash Bros stage while so far the SMG themed stage is the one that looks a bit ho-hum, a reversal of the reality if you will.
The NSMBU backdrops pop with simple yet strong design, it implements a variety of settings from cloudtops to tower interiors while managing to insert various platforming gimmicks seen in NSMBU to good effect, they don't look too intrusive and should support the game's platform fighting style as well as cameoing Kamek and Nabbit.
Basically it's a great representation of NSMBU and it looks to handle the gimmick side of things well.

Garden of Hope is also looking pretty nice, now where the flippity flop is my gosh darn new DK stage?!
I wouldn't say SMG's stage is bland it seems like a good representation of the series and chose one of the most iconic locations. The only thing they could've done differently was riding on Rosalina's starship or Mario's faceship as it toured different galaxies. Although we already have a lot of touring stages.

The only thing missing from that NSMBU stage is the starry night stage transformation:

aSlCDDk.png

I think I got confused. I was thinking of the stage in the Wii U version that Kamek transforms. I guess that's New Super Mario Bros Wii U? Whatever it is, it looks great.

She was included in the final batch.
Gotcha. I agree the NSMBU stage looks like one of the best Wii U stages shown so far.

exfatal

100 pages of smash goodness>?! im sure we'll finally see what we all been waiting for
Kirby different hat montage!! 1 hat per page

sinxtanx

while at the gas station getting some Cherry Coke I had the BEST idea for a unique mode for the Wii U version, to match Smash Run

Smash Party

• Like Mario Party
  • Choose a character
  • Go around a board
  • Instead of mini-games, there's special event matches
  • Instead of coins and stars, there's the character upgrades
  • Finish off with a huge couch-shattering battle

Event matches can be everything from regular matches to coin matches to 1GIANTv3TINY to summon the most Pokémon to break the targets to *drumroll* boss events (where one player would control a boss with the gamepad).
After a match, the winner is showered with upgrades.
BOWSER TIME MASTER HAND TIME switch upgrades with another player and other shenanigans.
You could get items from the board too (giving yourself an edge by starting a match with a baseball bat or bunny ears).
People with too many upgrades start losing because they overshoot everything and similar hilarity.

LordKnowsIdSmash.png

A Smash Party mode kinda like Project Justice's would be neat. In the latter it was centered around character customization, and now Smash has that, so it could be a good fit.

random25

I'm wondering what the press saw at PAX private event that needed an embargo to be revealed. It's probably more than just the charater roster. I'm guessing they probably tried out Smash using the New 3DS.

JoeInky

Didn't that nintendo dream issue have like 60 pages and the only thing new we found out was a kirby alt?

I'm guessing the famitsu thing will be similar, go through every announced character and some custom moves, stages, single player modes, music, online, etc. etc.

Doubt it'll have much new.

I'm wondering what the press saw at PAX private event that needed an embargo to be revealed. It's probably more than just the charater roster. I'm guessing they probably tried out Smash using the New 3DS.
They probably played all the modes, saw the full roster and played with all characters. I don't know about the new 3DS as it was just announced, but that would be really cool if so.

georly

"This pleases me."

You and I both Melia. I knew there was a reason she was my favorite party member.

I just got her... and... who does she replace? Sharla?

I like the tank + healer + dps combo, since you can only have 3, and dunban/reyn fill the tank role, sharla fills the healer role... she seems to be a bit lackluster in healing. She has one AOE HoT right now... is that enough?

I'm about to get riki... what role does he fill?

DrStiles

I like the idea that they embargo'd the press in order to prevent more widespread discussion on all of the leaks, seems like it would make the most sense.

All for smash party. That would be quite godly and I would play it for hours.

Also what are the requirememts for the new thread? I mean, how many posts/pages are required to be met for the next thread to be started up.

Kouriozan

georly

http://smashboards.com/threads/canc...eling-also-di-confirmed-hands-on-edit.366133/
birui.gif

Quick update on the lag cancel thing. The OP is saying that he is 100% sure that he was eliminating the landing lag by doing an input during it, and this shows that it's been a thing since at least the latest build with Pac Man (actually, didn't someone here also noticed this? I forget who it was)

I'm actually ok with that if it's true. It's like a more advanced/useful L cancel.

Whereas L cancelling is something you ALWAYS want to do, this now gives you the option to do a bunch of different things. Do you attack? Do you roll? Do you dodge? Do nothing and you're stuck, but do something, and you're rewarded. It's a really good compromise if true.

SuperSah

Banned

And CPP! ;_;

Also, I wonder what they will cover with 100 pages.

Veeboy

I just got her... and... who does she replace? Sharla?

I like the tank + healer + dps combo, since you can only have 3, and dunban/reyn fill the tank role, sharla fills the healer role... she seems to be a bit lackluster in healing. She has one AOE HoT right now... is that enough?

I'm about to get riki... what role does he fill?
Melia actually kind of sucks as a healer IMO, but she can deal a hell of a lot of damage if set up right. One of her major weaknesses is her ai which means if you want to make good use of her you need to make her the party leader. Her and riki both excel at inflicting statuses as well which are more useful than you'd think. Riki also has the highest hp in the game, and can make a decent tank if you prioritize either agility or defense in his equipment.

There are specific ways to use Riki and Melia that make them incredibly useful, but I can't remember them off the top of my head and I'm on poor mobile and I'm about to start my shift so I can't look them up now.

RPGCrazied

Who else got some Amiibos preordered? Sure do hope for an Amiibo direct soon, other than usable in Smash and looking cool, we don't know what else they will do.

I preordered Link and Samus today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom