• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV TE2 sticks coming to NA this October (X360, PS3/PS4)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/505874056798044160

Happy to announce the Ultra Street Fighter IV TE2 will be coming to North America in early Oct!

EU release still being worked out

10643920_1472041453047608_1822836650_n.jpg

Info on sticks: http://madcatz.com/mad-catz-brings-the-fight-home-with-ultra-street-fighter-iv-products/

Nope.

I have a perfectly good working fightstick that doesn't work with my PS4 because of "reasons"

After reading this post As to why legacy wheels wont work on PS4, it doesn't take a leap in logic to realize that as a licensee, Madcatz could get their fightsticks supported if they wanted to.

I'm not giving them more money. Nope.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I really hope this means capcom are getting ready to reveal USF4 on PS4...its already been heavily hinted, i wish they'd just say something on it already so i can sell my super arcade edition for ps3...im not buying another edition unless its worth it and the final edition on ps4 would be it

Boke1879

Hmmm with this stick being compatible with PS4 I may have to pick it up. With MK, Guilty Gear and other fighting games coming out seems like a worthy investment.

Robot Pants

Pretty ugly but I'm glad there's finally a PS4 compatible one. Just give me the game (not PSNOW) and you've got my money for both.

.la1n

Nope.

I have a perfectly good working fightstick that doesn't work with my PS4 because of "reasons"

After reading this post As to why legacy wheels wont work on PS4, it doesn't take a leap in logic to realize that as a licensee, Madcatz could get their fightsticks supported if they wanted to.

How long do you imagine a company that specializes in fight sticks and other peripheral add ons would last if they made every single device stretch through generations of hardware? I legitimately would like to know what you would propose they do.

How long do you imagine a company that specializes in fight sticks and other peripheral add ons would last if they made every single device stretch through generations of hardware? I legitimately would like to know what you would propose they do.

Seems like everyone forgets that MadCatz is a business first.

Varth

Sell (not gift: sell) at an honest cost a compatibility dongle for those who already have one of their many perfectly fine ps3 sticks. Not everyone has the space to afford having 2x driving setup or fightstick around.

MrBS

Going for the Hori Stick myself. I'm scrub tier anyway so if there is any benefit between either model I wont notice :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Nope.

Just wanted to let you know, that we can't get our PS3 sticks working on PS4 because it lacks the security chip. Developers (game) can write software into their game (like what Skullgirls is trying to do) that supports PS3 sticks, but that is up to them.

We have no say in it, especially since we have unlicensed PS3 sticks that exist. It's a weird situation, but yeah, I personally would love for our PS3 sticks to work on PS4, but it's not that easy. In fact, if Sony was willing to do it, I'd be all about it.

Doubt it but are you able to swap the side plates? I'd rather have red but I want the PS stick.

Yes, the stick is extremely customizable. You can swap out the side panels with ease using the tool (included).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
any news on Europe?

could somebody fill me in on the most important changes from the OG TE ?

Skilletor

Missed this thread, but yay. I'm all in for one. Maybe two. Depends on what Hori announces between now and when Xrd releases in December.

Love the ps3/ps4 compatibility.

Varth

Just wanted to let you know, that we can't get our PS3 sticks working on PS4 because it lacks the security chip. Developers (game) can write software into their game (like what Skullgirls is trying to do) that supports PS3 sticks, but that is up to them.

We have no say in it, especially since we have unlicensed PS3 sticks that exist. It's a weird situation, but yeah, I personally would love for our PS3 sticks to work on PS4, but it's not that easy. In fact, if Sony was willing to do it, I'd be all about it.

Is a compatibility dongle solution like the one I mentioned earlier in the thread feasible? Has it been considered?

antibolo

Banned

For what it's worth I am very grateful that you guys are making your PS4 sticks backwards-compatible with the PS3. If you were jerks, you could have decided to do feature parity with the Xbone sticks and not make them backwards-compatible, but you didn't.

Thanks for not being jerks!

(Also seconding the request for the Persona version. Will buy day one if you get it here.)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Is a compatibility dongle solution like the one I mentioned earlier in the thread feasible? Has it been considered?

It is not feasible. Due to how each one of the FightSticks are manufactured and licensing that comes into play, it definitely won't work that way. But yeah, it'd be nice.

For what it's worth I am very grateful that you guys are making your PS4 sticks backwards-compatible with the PS3. If you were jerks, you could have decided to do feature parity with the Xbone sticks and not make them backwards-compatible, but you didn't.

Thanks for not being jerks!

(Also seconding the request for the Persona version. Will buy day one if you get it here.)

No problem. For what it's worth, when we first worked on the Xbox One sticks we tried to get Xbox 360 and Xbox One compatibility for it as well. Just wasn't something we could have done for the product, but at least we tried.

Top Bottom