• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i got rid of my wii and it only cost me $40

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrricky

Banned
BadlyCookedTurkey said:
mariof180.gif
:lol :lol :lol

ksamedi

Pretty stupid to give away a Wii when there is loads of money to be made with VC games etc. Also the Wii 2009 lineup looks pretty damn good if you ask me.

Madworld
The Conduit
Sin and Punishment
Punch Out
Redsteel 2
Little King Story
Pikmin 3

Probably all 90+ games.

{Mike}

Banned
ksamedi said:
Pretty stupid to give away a Wii when there is loads of money to be made with VC games etc. Also the Wii 2009 lineup looks pretty damn good if you ask me.

Madworld
The Conduit
Sin and Punishment
Punch Out
Redsteel 2
Little King Story
Pikmin 3

Probably all 90+ games.
You can remove them from this list

Burai

shitonmychest57
Cheez-It said:
There are a few reasons many, many people still look down on gaming. People like you are a big one.

You don't think it's because of ridiculous geeks that take stuff too seriously do you?

Do you?

DO YOU?

{Mike} said:
You can remove them from this list

I'm not gonna argue about The Conduit since it'll only bring up the long list of FPS' for the other systems, but I'll butt heads with anyone not willing to give Little king's Story a chance. >:[

Threi

notag
there is nothing wrong with LKS.

Upcoming Games Being Released in 2009 Confirmed for a NA Release:
Arc Rise Fantasia
Cursed Mountain
Deadly Creatures
House Of The Dead: Overkill
Little Kings Story
MadWorld
Monster Hunter 3 (tri)
Mushroom Men
Murasama: The Demon Blade
Punch-Out Wii
Rune Factory Frontier
Sin and Punishment 2

LOLOLOL stupid AC and stupid Conduit got omitted. Those games can't possibly be good. I don't want someone to come in here, see AC, and call the entire list casual trash AMIRITE

Maybe i should remove Cursed Mountain as well. Nothing much is known about it, but unlike relatively unknown PS360 games, unknown Wii games have zero chance of being good.

I should probably remove all MMV games. Such an obscure company. Only companies that are recognizable are the ones that make good games. Those Japanezy games probably won't come to N.A -well yeah they will but whatever.

Mushroom Men, Deadly Creatures? LOL. I have no clue what those games are about, who made them, and how much effort is being put into them so they are probably just shovelware nintendo fans are hyping.

Btw why the hell isn't MadWorld and MH3 on PS3 and 360? What a waste. They should be discounted just for Capcom and Sega being stupid and putting those games on the Wii.

Some of you guys said at the beginning of this gen that the ideal situation would be PS360 keeping established franchises, refining them, while the Wii is a host to new franchises by new devs. That is happening, but none of you want to acknowledge it. High Voltage shouldn't even be trying right? MMV should be bankrupt right? Capcom and Sega spread the love across all consoles so therefore they are discounted?

Vyer

Though I own a Wii, I consider my 360 the house's 'main' console (because I play it the most HURRR).

However, I sincerely wish that the Wii continues to sell like mad and break records left and right.

Quite simply, watching how angry and flustered the GAF whiners/trolls get about the Wii's success is one of the joys of this generation.

Wii threads on this board fluctuate between hilarious and embarrassing. :lol

ksamedi

Ofcourse those of you who want to remove The Conduit, Little King Story and Redsteel 2 from my list can replace them with Fatal Frame 4, Sandlot game or Monster Hunter 3. You still have an awesome list. Not to mention I could even replace some more.

.hacked

Alaluef said:
Perhaps the same could be said of all popular consoles.

No way, not unless it is a handheld or a last gen system.

Captain Smoker said:
Shall I post the entire japanese PS2 - Lineup (~ 6.000 games)?

98% is shit, but hey, we've always appraised a system by the number of bad games. :)

:)

Yeah the PS2 in japan for $6

Last time I checked gems like Imagine: Party Babyz and Monkey Mischief were selling for $40 each!

Wii's game library would be an embarrassment for failed past gen console, like the 3D0 or Atari Jag, let alone what is supposed to be the most popular console in the world right now.

Nintendo is a shadow of it's former self, you Wii owners should be ashamed for what you have let them do.

Eteric Rice

.hacked said:

Last time I checked gems like Imagine: Party Babyz and Monkey Mischief were selling for $40 each!

Wii's game library would be an embarrassment for failed past gen console, like the 3D0 or Atari Jag, let alone what is supposed to be the most popular console in the world right now.

Nintendo is a shadow of it's former self, you Wii owners should be ashamed for what you have let them do.

So you complain about Ubisoft's games, and then pin that on Nintendo...

How about doing what most Wii owners do, and blame Ubishit?

swerve

ksamedi said:

Madworld
The Conduit
Sin and Punishment
Punch Out
Redsteel 2
Little King Story
Pikmin 3

Probably all 90+ games.

you'redoingitwrong.gif or something. C'mon dude, you don't have to defend Wii.

Besides, it stands up for itself (and forces its detractors to get together in little online gangs and have a pop at it). :p

.hacked

Eteric Rice said:
So you complain about Ubisoft's games, and then pin that on Nintendo...

How about doing what most Wii owners do, and blame Ubishit?

they all have the Nintendo seal of quality on them. Ubisoft has no problem turning out AAA games on the PS3 and X360.

.hacked said:
they all have the Nintendo seal of quality on them.
No they don't. They have a "Nintendo seal" on them.

It basically means, "this game will go into your Wii and will operate without exploding."

Twig

Banned
.hacked said:
What, really. That's your excuse?
Ubisoft has no problem turning out AAA games on the PS3 and X360.
Thus proving Ubisoft is lazy as shit when it comes to Wii games. Has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Eteric Rice

.hacked said:
they all have the Nintendo seal of quality on them. Ubisoft has no problem turning out AAA games on the PS3 and X360.

Well you're bitching about Petz or whatever, which is an Ubisoft game. So, if you want them to stop that shit, email them or something and tell them.

Threi

notag
.hacked said:
If that is the case then why are those handhelds and last gen systems touted as having superior libraries, even to this day, despite having shovelware?

.hacked said:
Says who? You?

.hacked said:
PS2 is a bit more than $6.

.hacked said:
Imagine: Party Babyz are not $40.

.hacked said:
Appeal to more than one demographic? That is something to be proud of. Not everyone believes that the industry should be kept in a rut where only middle-aged manchildren who don't want to grow up populate it. I don't sneer when I see shovelware on the shelves. This hobby is better suited to kids, and how you people populate it with your undeserved sense of entitlement still baffles me.

When I was a younger PC-pimping shooter-playing elitist I thought that the industry had to cater to my tastes. I have grown up since then and I realize that even though the stuff doesn't appeal to me it is essential for industry growth. I suggest some of you grow up as well. The industry doesn't revolve around your tastes. If you don't like it, either stay in your degrading niche, shut the hell up, or find a new hobby.

I suggest a hobby that isn't directly associated to kids, so you won't have to feel threatened that big name companies are catering to you and your younger sister. Try mixed-martial arts or sports, something manly.

jrricky

Banned
.hacked said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

And why has this thread turned into a typical Wii bashing thread, I thought this was a joke thread.

Well...it is making me laugh.

swerve

The single best thing a Wii sympathiser can do for themselves with a thread like this is ignore it.

No Wiis or Nintendos were harmed in the making of this thread.

Focus your attention on enjoying things you enjoy and sharing that joy with others. Not defending something to people who don't like that something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom