• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i got rid of my wii and it only cost me $40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I got rid of my virginiity and it only cost me $10

VanMardigan said:
I answered your question on Braid in the previous page.
I think that was a trap.

The 2009 wii line-up does look underwhelming. It's almost like it doesn't have the hardware required to run quality games although developers keep trying. Just look at disaster: day of crisis. The fancy art design wii fans posted two years ago didn't save it from ... well ... playing disastrous.

more_wii.gif

Spank it real good!

OP.

Even if 100,000 other neanderthals such as yourself sold their Wiis this month, Nintendo would still have 450,000+ new owners in America alone next month (possibly 600,000 more) who will sing and scream the glory of the Big N. Your voice, your opinion, and your actions will be so overshadowed that it would be as non-existant as a grain of sand on an endless shore.

OP, do you understand what I am saying? Is it sinking in?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
botticus said:
Thanks for mentioning that, was just about to do a comparison.

GC: 7 games, 82.8 average
DS: 24 games, 81.7 average
PS2: 10 games, 82.4 average
GBA: 12 games, 81.9 average

Come again!

GBA - 34, average 83.91
XBX - 7, average 83.42
Xbox 360 removing games bought for a lark - 34, average 81.08
PSP - 10, average 80
GCN - 7, average 79.85
WiiWare - 2, average 79.5
PS2 - 66, average 78.5
Xbox 360 - 39, average 77.87
DS removing games bought for a lark - 96, average 76.86
XBLA - 29, average 76.86
Wii removing games bought for a lark - 34, average 76.11
DS - 109, average 73.69
Wii - 38, average 72.73

On a personal level I'd say the Wii's best 3-5 games beat the 360's best 3-5 games, the 360 would win if you expanded it to high profile versus high profile, and the Wii would win again for me personally if you expanded it to everything I'd buy including VC/WiiWare/XBLA.

I don't see the need to hate. I've got more games on either than most have on both.

Zilch

Banned
NintendosBooger said:
OP.

Even if 100,000 other neanderthals such as yourself sold their Wiis this month, Nintendo would still have 450,000+ new owners in America alone next month (possibly 600,000 more) who will sing and scream the glory of the Big N. Your voice, your opinion, and your actions will be so overshadowed that it would be as non-existant as a grain of sand on an endless shore.

You probably won't get through to him. He seems like the sort of dude who dresses down at work on Fridays.

NintendosBooger said:
OP.

Jacoby01.jpg

Threi

notag
VanMardigan said:
I answered your question on Braid in the previous page. You can now continue with your "gotcha" line of questioning designed to expose my bias and/or tendency for hypocrisy.
Heh nice try. A real cute attempt to try and expose my psyche and intents behind my posting. Something I would do myself actually. However my reasoning behind that question was to get where you stand, not to paint you as a hypocrite (which may have happened). Despite that however you, in one of your previous posts, named some games upcoming in 2009 that made the very notion of someone saying the Wii will have a good next year laughable. The thing is, however that you either omitted the games that would appeal to a large portion of gamers out purposefully or you simply don't know about them. Either would be fine, but not in your case. If you do know about games that appeal to you and purposefully left them out then that means you are simply fishing for replies due to your vulgar tone. If not then you are acting ignorant, no better than console warriors at GameFAQs. Are you gunna intentionally dismiss any promising Wii game because of your preconceived notions on the system?

You then subsequently attempted a strawman argument painting anyone who disagrees with your posts a "nintendo" fan who would prefer to post a chart. Doing so covers your tracks and leaves anyone who would wish to say different think otherwise or face being labeled as a "ninthing". I find that interesting because those charts aren't exactly lying. Those charts aren't biased either.

Threi said:
I am going to try to trim it down some more actually :lol

Upcoming Games Being Released in 2009 Confirmed for a NA Release:
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Arc Rise Fantasia
Cursed Mountain
Deadly Creatures
House Of The Dead: Overkill
Little Kings Story
MadWorld
Monster Hunter 3 (tri)
Mushroom Men
Murasama: The Demon Blade
Punch-Out Wii
Rune Factory Frontier
Sin and Punishment 2
The Conduit
All complete shit huh?

just shit shit shit shit shit huh? Bayonetta may be GOTY but MadWorld is shit right? RE5 is Capcom's ascension to heaven but Monster Hunter 3 is just a cheap cash-in right?

So in terms of a "gotcha" line, you have already said too much before i even entered this thread. You are simply trolling. This thread is a trainwreck anyways so it doesn't matter but don't throw a tomato and then call people who throw them back food-flingers.

Barrett2

Osuwari said:
one has to wonder...

why did they buy the wii at all if they just complain about it? too much masochism?

i think GAF is more contrived than an MGS plot..

Some of us bought a Wii thinking two years after launch it would have more than 5 good games.

Eventually the people who keep saying 'wait till next year!' are infinitely more annoying than the people who talk shit about the system.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
schuelma said:
Actually you didn't. I'm going to assume you are very Western-centric and really have little idea of what Wii is getting next year from Japanese developers. Which is fine, really. But it is unfair for you to project your opinions on the rest of the board as some sort of objective reality when people with different tastes than you might find Wii's lineup a lot more appealing.

Well, I won't argue individual tastes. That is why I'm trying to use objective methods (like gamerankings/metacritic) to show that, without accounting for gamers with quirky or non-mainstream tastes, the Wii is a failure in terms of software. Even with the stuff on display at TGS, it seems like the Wii will have another dismal year in 2009. How much of those "interesting" titles from Japan do you think will review really well? This is like the GameCube all over again, except that the average GCN game is better than the average Wii game, and looks better to boot.

Are you gunna intentionally dismiss any promising Wii game because of your preconceived notions on the system?

Dang, I missed this huge post, but I am not dismissing the good Wii games. I know there will be some. But in the context of the overall Wii lineup, they will be the tiny exception. Again, the average Wii game is garbage and looks like shit, and that should not be the case for a console as dominant as Wii. I purposely omitted Punch Out from that previous list because I personally think it can turn out good. Thing is, even Nintendo has been sporadic and underwhelming, so that you can't automatically assume an amazing game is coming from them like you used to. Mario Kart was a step backwards, and what I've heard of Animal Crossing so far seems like a huge letdown. So, while you can produce a list of titles you think are promising, what we've seen of previous games on Wii is that even the promising games can turn out mediocre at best, at a higher ratio than promising titles on other consoles.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I'm sorry I haven't read the entire thread and I apologize if this has already been said but to all the people getting all butt hurt, Drohne is just yanking your chain and you guys are falling for it hook line and sinker. As for everyone else who piled on I guess they took the OP as carte blanche to troll the wii. If you guys enjoy the wii and its games ( I know I do) why do you let stuff like this get to you?

VanMardigan said:
Well, I won't argue individual tastes. That is why I'm trying to use objective methods (like gamerankings/metacritic) to show that, without accounting for gamers with quirky or non-mainstream tastes, the Wii is a failure in terms of software. Even with the stuff on display at TGS, it seems like the Wii will have another dismal year in 2009. How much of those "interesting" titles from Japan do you think will review really well? This is like the GameCube all over again, except that the average GCN game is better than the average Wii game, and looks better to boot.

Dang, I missed this huge post, but I am not dismissing the good Wii games. I know there will be some. But in the context of the overall Wii lineup, they will be the tiny exception. Again, the average Wii game is garbage and looks like shit, and that should not be the case for a console as dominant as Wii. I purposely omitted Punch Out from that previous list because I personally think it can turn out good. Thing is, even Nintendo has been sporadic and underwhelming, so that you can't automatically assume an amazing game is coming from them like you used to. Mario Kart was a step backwards, and what I've heard of Animal Crossing so far seems like a huge letdown. So, while you can produce a list of titles you think are promising, what we've seen of previous games on Wii is that even the promising games can turn out mediocre at best, at a higher ratio than promising titles on other consoles.

Mario Kart racing mode is very good....i seriously doubt you even touched these games....

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Damn you should have posted it here, I'd have bought it off you.

MadWorld
Monster Hunter 3 (tri)
Murasama: The Demon Blade

Since MH3 will eat up all my free time I guess if that was the only game out I'd still buy the Wii.

jts

...hate me...
The Wii is absolutely the best console i own and i'll never get rid of it. Even if i sell my PS3 at some point just like i did with my X360, the Wii will always be next to my television <3

You see, generic HD shooters just don't cut it for me.

Ulairi

Banned
The Wii is great. But, I now know I can start my long awaited PS3 hate thread with no fear of banning.

GAF is great!

pakkit

Banned
kiUNiT said:
Please. Obama may be the best Leader America has ever had. The Wii is a gamecube with Wagle that I was overcharged $100.00 for. 480p in 2008 LOL
WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
VanMardigan said:

How can you dismiss games based on a hypothetical gameranking score when they haven't even been released?

I think there are a number of 09 titles that have the potential to review well. Mad World, Monster Hunter 3 (though unlikely to hit N.A next year), Arc Rise Fantasia, Demon Blade, Little King's Story, Rune Factory Frontier, the next Tales game, Punch Out, Sin and Punishment 2.

Now you probably have little interest in those games which is fine, but that doesn't detract from their potential quality.

mio said:
The Wii is absolutely the best console i own and i'll never get rid of it. Even if i sell my PS3 at some point just like i did with my X360, the Wii will always be next to my television <3

You see, generic HD shooters just don't cut it for me.
Quit ruining gaming! Bald space marines r teh future!!!1

schuelma

M°°nblade said:
You're comparing RE with MH?
Sarcasm has it's place and time. The problem is you have neither.

Obviously RE looks better, but it is also pretty clear that Monster Hunter is a major investment for Capcom; the game looks extremely good for a Wii game.

tokkun

Eteric Rice said:
How is this thread still here?

Mods are slacking today.

You know in the Roman empire they would regularly hold revels and big games in the Coliseum full of bloody carnage and have public executions?

The idea was that for your average citizen life can get pretty tough and stressful. If you just let that simmer, pretty soon it is going to destabilize society. The rulers figured out that if you throw a bloody spectacle every once in a while, it gives people a chance to blow off steam and they are more likely to go back to their normal daily lives afterwards.

You suck, seriously.

I can't believe you actually paid. I sold that shit+metroid for 330€ and I am pretty proud of being such a good dealer

tokkun said:
You know in the Roman empire they would regularly hold revels and big games in the Coliseum full of bloody carnage and have public executions?

The idea was that for your average citizen life can get pretty tough and stressful. If you just let that simmer, pretty soon it is going to destabilize society. The rulers figured out that if you throw a bloody spectacle every once in a while, it gives people a chance to blow off steam and they are more likely to go back to their normal daily lives afterwards.
And the Roman Empire also collapsed.

tokkun said:

panem et circenses

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
:lol

Looking at Wii's upcoming release list kind of reminds me of an indie movie theater, which could be cool.

But anyone who puts animal crossing on an upcoming release list of games to be excited about gets props to me for being a wonderful sport.

schuelma

Y2Kev said:
But anyone who puts animal crossing on an upcoming release list of games to be excited about gets props to me for being a wonderful sport.

But you get to GO TO THE CITY!!!!

How much more excited can you get?

Threi

notag
M°°nblade said:
You're comparing RE with MH?
Sarcasm has it's place and time. The problem is you have neither.
Yes i am comparing RE with MH. One is an established franchise which a lot of gamers would enjoy and the other is

Ulairi

Banned
Y2Kev said:

Looking at Wii's upcoming release list kind of reminds me of an indie movie theater, which could be cool.

Animal Crossing: City Folks, is going to be awesome. The game for the DS is good and it was good back on the GameCube. The fact I can bring my DS game over to the Wii, get more places to explore/do and better connectivity, it's fine with me.

I would have preferred a larger update since they are jumping to a new platform but I'm going to play it and play it a lot.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Threi said:
Yes i am comparing RE with MH. One is an established franchise which a lot of gamers would enjoy and the other is
You guys are killing me. :lol

jorma

is now taking requests
EmCeeGramr said:
And the Roman Empire also collapsed.

After a thousand years. GAF is pretty old - maybe a hundred or so internet-years - but still quite some ways to go... =)

Stitch

Gold Member
a thread like this about ps3 or 360 would already be locked and lots of people would be banned...

oh well.. at least we get to see some cool gifs
921331225652177875.gif

post moar gifs

border said:
DUN-DUN-DUN!

Threi said:
Don't try to turn this into a popularity contest now.

Based on the gameplay footage I've seen MH3 looks to play as bland as the previous installments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom