• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NXE Launch Thead - Nov 19th at 10am GMT

Sectus

Oh I look so pretty.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hmm okay this is fucked.

Everytime I go to download from the Music store in Rockband I get a message saying family settings have blocked this profile from downloading premium content.

Checked my settings and everything is unlocked. What is going on? :<

conman said:
Okay. Dig the disc install feature and (will) dig the Netflix streaming.

But... some major annoyances:

1) the two most important menu bars are "friends" and "my xbox." they're nowhere near each other.

2) luckily, you can still use the triggers and bumpers to navigate more quickly. oh... wait... hold down the triggers and you always stop on "spotlight," "game marketplace," or "inside xbox." WTF?!

3) is there any way to change the menu colors (not the theme)? because you can hardly read the achievement stats in the game menu. small white text over bright green progress bars. impossible.

4) if we're going to have to use these avatars everywhere, we're going to need more customization options. and, please, don't make us pay for them. even nintendo gives more options in their mii customization, for crying out loud.

I'm sure I'll have more to complain about soon. But so far, I'm not very pleased with the change.

Just use the mini dash?!

FF_VIII said:
McDonald's of Madison,
320 2nd St Nw,
Madison, SD 57042

Take out McDonald's

Sounds like a plan!

VALIS

big_z said:
constantly. xbox.com has it's login disabled due to too high of load. im guessing their servers are eating shit right now.

anyway is it possible to remove unwanted tabs/sections like spotlight?
is it possible to preview themes?

1. Just the Welcome section.
2. Yes with the themes you already own and the new Premium themes. No for the old ones.

ThePeacemaker02 said:
It's under account management, which is when you click your gamertag in the My Xbox section. Once you get used to it you'll find it much easier to use.

The thing is I've had the dashboard for well over a month and I'm still having trouble finding things. Getting used to something doesn't negate the fact that it is unintuitive in many ways.

Tieno

Darunia said:
xbox.com is down too.

I need to get used to everything a bit, but installing games and deleting 0 score shit sure rocks. Avatars are très lame though
How do you do that?

_Angelus_

Banned
Dead Space installed pretty quickly,I dunno maybe 5-8 minutes?
Not much change i load times,maybe a second or two faster really.
Ok I gotta stop typing here and watch more Phantasm. This shit is gonna go over huge with friends. We Que movies all the time but streaming to the 360 now will be very godamn sweet when we kill some beers. .:D

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hellraizer said:
Guide -> Games tab -> Achievements -> press x on 0 score games.

yeah. took a while til I figured that out. Should've made that just a little bit more obvious. Like, putting that X option in the played games section.

Oh man this is awesome. If you're in a party, and update a game, you instantly get back in after the update.

Also old UNO supports 3d avatars now, no need to rebuy anything. FUCK YEAH

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
actually looks good. hope it doesnt take too long to download and install, would rather it not eat into my gears of war time!

any stories or bricked consoles yet?

mandiller

I can't select the Banjo Kazooe demo in the games markeplace. Each time it just gives an error and says this item is no longer available. Although other demos work and download fine. Does this happen with anyone else? I really really want that demo.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
mandiller said:
I can't select the Banjo Kazooe demo in the games markeplace. Each time it just gives an error and says this item is no longer available. Although other demos work and download fine. Does this happen with anyone else? I really really want that demo.

I just downloaded the Banjo & Kazooie Nuts and Bolts demo just right 10min ago.

Kuroyume

Banned
I love the new look of the dash. Most of the social features won't matter to me since I never use the mic, but the HDD install will be great and the dash looks really good.

rjcc

Tomcat said:
Awesome update but with resolution 1680*1050 i get black bars up and down. Is there a solution to get rid of them?

what do you mean up and down? they should be on the top and bottom of your screen.

Balb

When you make your avatar burp, some of the noises sound like character dialogue in Banjo-Kazooie for the N64.

VALIS

mandiller said:

Server problems right now. People log in and can play online okay, but connecting to various stores/downloads/other info seems hit or miss right now.

Proc

wow, it's really amazing how quiet the machine gets after you boot into an installed game. what an awesome update.

0OoO0

So my 360 isn't connected online, how can I get the NXE? Is there a place where I can download it then put it on CD, insert it into the 360 and install it? Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't be bothered going through all the pages.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Tomcat said:
Awesome update but with resolution 1680*1050 i get black bars up and down. Is there a solution to get rid of them?
The whole point of supporting 16:10 resolution is to have these black bars there so the aspect ratio of you 16:9 games isn't fucked up anymore.
Games are not magically going to become 16:10...

xbhaskarx

-Can we get a list of all the Premium Themes with photos? I tried to download the Rock Band 2 theme and got an error message...
-Now that the old gamerpics are obsolete, they are supposed to be used for avatar shirts, right? So does that work yet?

nofi

BenjaminBirdie said:
Seriously, how do I eject a disc?

Press the eject button your 360. Seriously, what the hell do you need to do it from the controller for, you're only going to have to get up off your arse to change disk anyway.

conman

Marty Chinn said:
The mini-dash just seems like a lame way to fix the problems.
Exactly.

I'll just be using the mini-dash from now on.

All the other cool new features (party system, netflix streaming, disc installs) didn't need this lame-ass new interface. It's awful. Unintuitive, clunky, invasive. Everything a good UI should never be.

Grecco

xbhaskarx said:
-Can we get a list of all the Premium Themes with photos? I tried to download the Rock Band 2 theme and got an error message...
-Now that the old gamerpics are obsolete, they are supposed to be used for avatar shirts, right? So does that work yet?

An enterprising website really should make a Preview Premium themes page. Theres A bunch now. a Fable 2 theme. a GHWT theme

Prine

Banned
Avatars are cool as hell! Now i know what you guys might look like.

But there's so much thought put into this, i love the new Friends list system, but its not a list. Its you Avatars expressing themselves to display your status. Neat little touch. Especially if you party up, and i can see all of you, even though some may not be on my friends list.

They are gonna do some crazy stuff with your avatars, looking foward to seeing what they come up with.

Mar

mar+360x.png

I really like it so far. Seems a bit harder to find things and takes longer to move around. But I'm sure I'll get used to it over time.

I'm really keen for the SFIIHDR premium theme that it's advertising. When's that out, tomorrow? It looks fuck off awesome.

painey

OH MY GOD, the new dash is really shit but the install feature is BLISS! I just played Guitar Hero World Tour and I can HEAR THE MUSIC :lol :lol Load times are negligible, but the silence is GOLDEN.

conman said:
1) the two most important menu bars are "friends" and "my xbox." they're nowhere near each other.

I mentioned this a few pages back. Glad to see there are others who agree with me.

mr_bishiuk said:
Just use the mini dash?!

Sounds like a plan!

No, stop saying this. This isn't a problem that needs a workaround. It's a fundamental design flaw. The two most important features of the system should be next to each other, and the first two options in the interface flow. Not the second up and the fifth up...

Top Bottom