• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
You probably saw, but in case you didn't, he still has Cathedral for sale in his etsy shop.

Yeah, I really like it. Most of my stuff is comic/anime/pop stuff, but his are giving me an emotional response, which is strange to me. :p

You know what it is? His art reminds me a lot of Hiro Isono, my favorite artist of all time.

xoAm6QX.jpg

LaneDS

Didn't know the artist by name, but suspected he was responsible for the Secret of Mana artwork based on what you posted (which is great, along with plenty of his other stuff I see posted online). Shame he's passed on now.

LaneDS

Nice stuff, really dig him. Pricey at over $90 shipped though, especially for a giclee. :(.

People I thought would like Kehoe before posting: Risible

Will have the first one in hand tomorrow and am hoping it's a high quality giclee print. I have to imagine for the asking price that it is, but fingers crossed all the same.

Risible

People I thought would like Kehoe before posting: Risible

Will have the first one in hand tomorrow and am hoping it's a high quality giclee print. I have to imagine for the asking price that it is, but fingers crossed all the same.

We do indeed have similar tastes :).

Let us know about the giclee, I'm very curious, $90 is pretty dear for one. Do love the art so I'm tempted...

Was it Cathedral you picked up? Please post pics because that's what's tempting me as well.

LaneDS

We do indeed have similar tastes :).

Let us know about the giclee, I'm very curious, $90 is pretty dear for one. Do love the art so I'm tempted...

Was it Cathedral you picked up? Please post pics because that's what's tempting me as well.

Picked up Cathedral (won't be here for another week or two) through his etsy shop and bought the one I posted on the last page (Our Wondrous Journey) from a poster on EB which I think will arrive tomorrow. Will definitely post a few pictures in the next couple days, assuming it arrives on-time.

IronRinn

I admit they're a bit pricey but, unless he's changed up the printing, they're pretty impressive in person. Only scary thing is (and this may have changed) he ships flat, which I find nerve-racking.

Just picked up the Ico. Have them all in hand. I will inspect and number them tonite and start shipping out tomorrow. Please allow approximately 3-4 weeks for me to ship everything out this round I can only really get 10 tubes at a time -- as opposed to 20 before because of storage space (4" tubes come in packs of 10 and 3" came in packs of 20).

Local Pick people can schedule their pick up with me.

10943189_10205277529639147_1209257818_n.jpg

Risible

I admit they're a bit pricey but, unless he's changed up the printing, they're pretty impressive in person. Only scary thing is (and this may have changed) he ships flat, which I find nerve-racking.

YIKES! Yeah, that would scare the shit out of me.

Sushigod7

Just picked up the Ico. Have them all in hand. I will inspect and number them tonite and start shipping out tomorrow. Please allow approximately 3-4 weeks for me to ship everything out this round I can only really get 10 tubes at a time -- as opposed to 20 before because of storage space (4" tubes come in packs of 10 and 3" came in packs of 20).

Take your time man no worries.

Would it be possible to prioritize International Shipping? The delivery time will be up to 2 weeks for different parts of the world, so if you ship international first, everybody is gonna receive their print(s) approx. at the same time.

Bii

Completely forgot I had preordered the Guardians of the Galaxy vinyl. It's been marked as shipped today. I guess now's a good time to get an updated record player.

Would it be possible to prioritize International Shipping? The delivery time will be up to 2 weeks for different parts of the world, so if you ship international first, everybody is gonna receive their print(s) approx. at the same time.

I will ship the first few out domestic first to see how they arrive and then do both international and priority at the same time.

Sushigod7

Brad Bird playing around with the Iron Giant figure: http://io9.com/watch-brad-bird-play-with-mondos-iron-giant-figure-and-1680911616

Pre-orders start tomorrow. Figure is going to go for $300. $315 for the limited edition version which has an additional hand.

M4V2JqZ.gif

It looked nice at Mondocon but no thanks way to expensive for me. If you compare it to Hot Toys figures its similarly price so it sort of makes sense. I was thinking around $200 was the sweet spot for this.

omgkitty

Knowing that this doesn't ship until late 2015 has me hesitating. Not sure I want to spend $300 on something I won't get for 6 to 8 months.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Oh shit, that's awesome. Also, they got a Moss Big Boss!

Glassboy

Holy shit. I cannot wait

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Nope, but makes sense the Limited Edition would sell out. If you were going to buy it, might as well shell out an additional $15 for it.

LaneDS

Yeah that didn't surprise me for exactly the same reason. I feel like that was their way of ensuring at least they'd sell up a certain allotment. Kind of hoping they pull a Lil' Mikey here and offer a discount after underwhelming sales.

Sorry, but the Ico have not been numbered or shipped yet. Not because I don't want to, but because there are a few more I have to get in -- which should be tomorrow. The run will end up being less than 116, I think -- which was the original forecast. They haven't been numbered because I don't know what exact run will be.

I think he says 120 out of 129?

Oh then I dunno. I just know one of the guys always likes to request the last number of the edition so I usually give him that and he's in Canada.

Having not heard about this until today, and considering the limited amount, I take it these are no longer available. :(

Looks absolutely amazing btw.

Actually, I still have a few of each available. I received more than what I requested when we did the print order and none were damaged in transit so there are some extras. If you want one it's $53 + shipping. Original price was $43 and the only reason for the mark-up is because the original commissioners had a near year long investment in it. All the costs for that are already covered so whatever I sell now would be considered profit -- but I would apply that towards future neogaf commissions.

I have only just realised this thread was a thing.

Fuck.

Oh, and I'll be needing one of those MGS posters now, thank you so very much.

I love this, but just can't bring myself to spend the money on a print for a movie that doesn't exist:

Heh, that's precisely why I bought it for my partner as a Christmas gift last year!

Sorry, but the Ico have not been numbered or shipped yet. Not because I don't want to, but because there are a few more I have to get in -- which should be tomorrow. The run will end up being less than 116, I think -- which was the original forecast. They haven't been numbered because I don't know what exact run will be.

Gah sorry. It's going to take a bit more time. I think some time next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom