• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

AniHawk

Hurray for stealing ideas.

f58tn8.jpg

D-Pad

Second one is just awesome. I love how he's holding the Nintendo logo. It's kinda lacking something though. Some catchy lines like: "Mario's biggest adventure yet" or even something cool.

AniHawk

One of the best things that's come out of this thread is seeing TheGOHN's stuff every time. It's been gradual, but he's been improving, and that second SMG one is his best yet (and it's awesome).

fisheyes

I have no skills (and nothing but Paint on this computer) but as soon as I saw Super Mario Galaxy I had this idea and had to make an attempt to get it out. Its rather sloppy but at least the idea is clear. If anyone wants to take it and and do it properly that would be awesome.

galaxyad.png

Azure J

You guys had to start one that I could come up with infinite ideas for, but can't do due to computer woes, huh? :lol

Ah well, I approve. Also, TheGOHN's 2nd ad above is superb.

Mdk7

fisheyes said:
I have no skills (and nothing but Paint on this computer) but as soon as I saw Super Mario Galaxy I had this idea and had to make an attempt to get it out. Its rather sloppy but at least the idea is clear. If anyone wants to take it and and do it properly that would be awesome.

galaxyad.png
WOW!!!

This topic still delivers!

Alcibiades

JoshuaJSlone said:
This is one I made a long time ago, parodying the famous FF VII magazine ad.
125qmhh.jpg

Large version.
The text at the bottom is kind of hard to read in this smaller version, but says "Possibly the greatest game ever made is available only on Wii. Good thing. If it were available on PS3, it'd cost you around $700."
NICE!

I'm LMAO. I would have given anything to see Nintendo actually run an ad like that... :lol

I need to make this my desktop and find ways for people to see this...

Baconbitz

Banned
fisheyes said:

galaxyad.png
That is one awesome ad for paint. I couldn't even do that.

Okay, I wanted to make a Mario face out of stars, but that was beyond me... so I went for a slightly different angle.

mvl1d3.jpg

Also, just realised I missed Ice Mario from my powerups ad =0

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
JoshuaJSlone said:
[IM]http://i41.tinypic.com/125qmhh.jpg[/IMG]
Large version.
The text at the bottom is kind of hard to read in this smaller version, but says "Possibly the greatest game ever made is available only on Wii. Good thing. If it were available on PS3, it'd cost you around $700."
I MADE THIS AD ON LIKE PAGE SIX

I'm SUING you

wRATH2x

Banned
fisheyes said:

galaxyad.png
I'm not a fan of Galaxy,but this is absolutely brilliant.

fisheyes said:

galaxyad.png

Android18a said:

These are awesome. I love seeing when some ads come together in such a way it feels like they really were in a magazine.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
fisheyes, you are tickling my nostalgia bone. very nice job.

been playing galaxy for the past couple of weeks off and on, so look forward to seeing the awesome work that such an awesome game will inevitably inspire.

TheGOHN

AniHawk said:
One of the best things that's come out of this thread is seeing TheGOHN's stuff every time. It's been gradual, but he's been improving, and that second SMG one is his best yet (and it's awesome).

Wow, you know I have enjoyed this so much, and my skills are improving with every game. Thanks for this thread.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
JoshuaJSlone said:
http://i41.tinypic.com/125qmhh.jpg[/I]
[url=http://joshuajamesslone.name/images/date/20060519fakesmgad.jpg]Large version[/url].
The text at the bottom is kind of hard to read in this smaller version, but says "Possibly the greatest game ever made is available only on Wii. Good thing. If it were available on PS3, it'd cost you around $700."[/QUOTE]

Why would a Mario game be on the PS3? Oh and putting the game on a blu-ray would not cost 700 bucks. At the time of FF7, putting 4 disc of data on a catridge could cost about 1200.

TheGOHN

neojubei said:
Why would a Mario game be on the PS3? Oh and putting the game on a blu-ray would not cost 700 bucks. At the time of FF7, putting 4 disc of data on a catridge could cost about 1200.

He was just trying really hard to make a joke about how expensive the PS3 is.

JaseMath

I made this a loooong time ago - way before anyone knew anything about the story. I was just happy there was a new Mario. :)

Mario_Galaxy.jpg

Vinci

Danish
About damn time we get to a game I care about! BTW, TheGOHN - I agree with Ani, you've come a really long way. Congratulations!

jts

...hate me...
Kudos to everyone of you, no exceptions. Excellent adds.

Since I always end up not doing anything even though I start drawing concepts in my head for some games, this time I'll just say it.

I was thinking of something in the lines of Star Wars scrolling text "A long time ago, in a Galaxy far far way" thing but I didn't even think of what would exactly the text be, so there. I am fail.

Top Bottom