• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

So I finally started to play ranked CSGO and man is it addicting. Although it sucks when you get paired up with a crap team (not that I am good myself).

Any good tips for a newbie to get better? I normally just run XM shotty or galil.

There really should be a beginner's guide on this thread for new players.

I won't say much since you'll learn on your climb upwards, but learn how to use the AK and M4s.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So I finally started to play ranked CSGO and man is it addicting. Although it sucks when you get paired up with a crap team (not that I am good myself).

Any good tips for a newbie to get better? I normally just run XM shotty or galil.

I have played 5 ranked games since I came back from my break, 4 of them were shit due to team mates trolling/leaving or running into smurfs/cheaters. I think ranked solo is just pointless.

I won't say much since you'll learn on your climb upwards, but learn how to use the AK and M4s.
I'm alright with the M4A1-S and so so on the AK. Tend to do better with the galil than the AK.

I have played 5 ranked games since I came back from my break, 4 of them were shit due to team mates trolling/leaving or running into smurfs/cheaters. I think ranked solo is just pointless.
Yea. I also almost always get stuck with the 14 year old sniper in training that keeps screaming "PICK UP MY AWP" at the end of every round when he was the first to die and doesnt do shit for the team. I tend to carry the team alot and it blows. I'm bad at CSGO but some of these guys just dont think lol. Hopefully I get out of SEM soon.

I'd play ranked with friends but they dont play CSGO anymore because they end up raging too fast lol.

Omega

Banned

adren and warowl are recommended in the OP for newer players. not much more any of us could say that would be any more helpful

also i think everyone does better with a galil/famas when they're starting out but they're not weapons you can depend on.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm alright with the M4A1-S and so so on the AK. Tend to do better with the galil than the AK.

Yea. I also almost always get stuck with the 14 year old sniper in training that keeps screaming "PICK UP MY AWP" at the end of every round when he was the first to die and doesnt do shit for the team. I tend to carry the team alot and it blows. I'm bad at CSGO but some of these guys just dont think lol. Hopefully I get out of SEM soon.

I'd play ranked with friends but they dont play CSGO anymore because they end up raging too fast lol.

I'm in the same position, I don't know anyone who plays so it's solo queue or nothing. I've resorted to forming a Steam group for EU players at MG or above that speak English and aren't assholes! Last year I actually had a bunch of people on my friends list that I'd play with from England and it was so much better, even if we lost at least there was no trash talking or throwing.

If you're from EU, 16+, MG+ and a nice person feel free to request an invite to the Steam group I made: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSEUENG

MayMay

Banned
I'm in the same position, I don't know anyone who plays so it's solo queue or nothing.

You know, you could also just add ppl from this thread lol. Kiiiiiiinda what this thread is for more or less. We got plenty of Europeans, including myself. But I usually play with Americans so it's rare for me to be on a EU server actually.

adren and warowl are recommended in the OP for newer players. not much more any of us could say that would be any more helpful

also i think everyone does better with a galil/famas when they're starting out but they're not weapons you can depend on.
Surprised that you mention Warowl hahahahaha. Yeah, I still think they should learn M4 and AK early on to prep for the higher ranks.

MayMay

Banned
Surprised that you mention Warowl hahahahaha. Yeah, I still think they should learn M4 and AK early on to prep for the higher ranks.

Whats with him? WarOwl does good videos for beginners, and everyone that disagrees should maybe try to think back to the time when they were beginners at the game.

Omega

Banned
WarOwl is for like super beginners that can't even use WASD.

I don't think his videos are helpful but clearly others have so I'll still mention him

MayMay

Banned
That might be the worst thing I've read all day, lol.

Some of his vids are hit and miss, but alot of them are incredibly helpful for beginners.

Especially his Matchmaking Academy series where he analyzes ppls demos and gives them tips.

As I said, if you don't think his videos are helpful you probably already forgot what it's like starting out in CS. I mean sure, they're not helpful for us anymore but for someone that just bought the game? Perfect

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You know, you could also just add ppl from this thread lol. Kiiiiiiinda what this thread is for more or less. We got plenty of Europeans, including myself. But I usually play with Americans so it's rare for me to be on a EU server actually.

Yeah I should. Just lost 16 - 0 because it was 4v5 and my team were killing each other and losing on purpose. It honestly makes me want to quit the game entirely.

impact

Banned
Yeah I should. Just lost 16 - 0 because it was 4v5 and my team were killing each other and losing on purpose. It honestly makes me want to quit the game entirely.

If you play with people here get ready to be baited and watch the same people not clutch any rounds.

You've been warned

That might be the worst thing I've read all day, lol.

Some of his vids are hit and miss, but alot of them are incredibly helpful for beginners.

Especially his Matchmaking Academy series where he analyzes ppls demos and gives them tips.

As I said, if you don't think his videos are helpful you probably already forgot what it's like starting out in CS. I mean sure, they're not helpful for us anymore but for someone that just bought the game? Perfect

Big fan of Warowl, eh? Makes sense.

Rivitur

Banned
no one cares about your ancient games bro
Ignored*
I'm in the same position, I don't know anyone who plays so it's solo queue or nothing. I've resorted to forming a Steam group for EU players at MG or above that speak English and aren't assholes! Last year I actually had a bunch of people on my friends list that I'd play with from England and it was so much better, even if we lost at least there was no trash talking or throwing.

If you're from EU, 16+, MG+ and a nice person feel free to request an invite to the Steam group I made: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSEUENG
I mean there is a csgaf EU group...

impact

Banned
Gotta love elitist globals

Elitist or just not scared when playing a video game? You decide.

Seriously if you play this game scared sitting behind your team waiting for them to do something every round you are a terrible player. I'm not saying *YOU* are a terrible player, just anyone who plays like that. Yall know who you are.

Rivitur

Banned

Seriously if you play this game scared sitting behind your team waiting for them to do something every round you are a terrible player. I'm not saying *YOU* are a terrible player, just anyone who plays like that. Yall know who you are.
Says that person sitting behind their computer screen!!!!!!! See you on lan!

You don't like the game or the people in this thread, why even post here?

MayMay

Banned
Alright, I'll be going full toxic from now on.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Clydefrog

Rivi is on vacation!

was on vacation

Honolulu Police shoot 'aggressive' runaway cow on Farrington Highway

OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

Traffic was backed up for miles on Farrington Highway heading into Waianae Thursday afternoon because of a cow that was on the loose.

Drivers first started reporting the cow sighting around 3:30 p.m. The large brown cow was seen running along the edge of the road and a few times, crossed the lanes through traffic. At one point, police say the cow charged at several people, but no accidents or injuries were reported.

Around 4:45 p.m. drivers reported that Honolulu Police officers had shot the cow. Photos from the area showed the animal lying on its side, blocking one of two westbound lanes of Farrington Hwy.

Police say they shot and killed the cow because it was acting aggressively and charging at them.

Farrington Highway has since been reopened.
9ubYmbQ.jpg

RaQuxsb.jpg

soultron

Banned
lol impact calling this thread a circlejerk

it's the intersection of gaf posters who are cool gamer guys and gamer grills who just so happen to play CSGO

it's not r/GlobalOffensive

we all differ in skill levels too

you call it baiting, i call it me setting up to team flash you when you try to get entry frags

you say tomato i say tommado

it's the intersection of gaf posters who are cool gamer guys and gamer grills who just so happen to play CSGO

you call it baiting, i call it me setting up to team flash you when you try to get entry frags

Speaking of that, when are you going to play with us again Soul?

hahahaha

soultron

Banned
Speaking of that, when are you going to play with us again Soul?
Busy right now (I only really have time to play demolition when I'm on, these days) but after I get back from my vacation at the end of August I should be good! I've got weddings on weekends and such up until then. :(

Busy right now (I only really have time to play demolition when I'm on, these days) but after I get back from my vacation at the end of August I should be good! I've got weddings on weekends and such up until then. :(

Cool, looking forward to playing with you again my friend.

soultron

Banned
Cool, looking forward to playing with you again my friend.
Yeah man, it'll be fun! It seems everyone we played with has ranked up to MGE or higher now, so hopefully I'll be able to keep up!

I've basically been playing demolition to keep my aim sharp but goddamn do most people playing that mode stink. It can be really fun with good opponents though.

Top Bottom