• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Rivitur

Banned
First ranked game in a year and the enemy have 2 blatant wallhacker friends who are trolling from the start "NOT CHEATING JUST SMURF". That's the first thing they say before the game even starts and it's just BS throughout.

Also, my mic isn't working? It works in the test, I can hear other people but my mic doesn't work, any ideas?
You connected it before you started csgo? And you are pushing the button to talk?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You connected it before you started csgo? And you are pushing the button to talk?

Yeah it was connected before, and I've tried push to talk and always active and neither work. It works in Skype, Steam and Windows just not CS GO.

EDIT: Push to talk is now working, but open mic isn't, it doesn't show the icon that I'm speaking.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Second ranked game, we get a guy who's just a troll, team attacking and being a dick so we lose. I have to say I didn't come back after a year break for this lol.

Omega

Banned
Second ranked game, we get a guy who's just a troll, team attacking and being a dick so we lose. I have to say I didn't come back after a year break for this lol.

the rest of us here play, just add us so you don't have to solo queue.

no one should ever have to solo queue

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
the rest of us here play, just add us so you don't have to solo queue.

no one should ever have to solo queue

It does seem like hell on earth. My mic still isn't working, my friend said he could hear me when we joined a public game, but no one can hear me in ranked? I have no idea why that would be the case but unless 9 different people are trolling me it's not working. I see my icon pop up but apparently no one hears me.

EDIT: With voice loopback on I can hear it works at least offline with bots, but there's loud static? Is this normal for CS or what because my mic should be clear as it's a Sennheiser headset.

Robot Pants

Vague as fuck. You going to explain?

Sorry was kinda directed at people that knew what was going on with the site.
PayPal has them locked out of doing any cashouts. It's been this way since June 28th.
I have 240 bucks I've been waiting patiently to cash out.
All of this information on what is actually going on is NOWHERE to be found on their front page. But the giant HEY ESWC IS GOING ON AND WE ARE SPONSORS ALSO MAKE US A FREE ADVERTISING VIDEO AND GET SOME FREE OP POINTS is front and center.

The little info we are being drip fed about the cashout situation you have to find on their subreddit page.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Got my mic working somehow, fiddled with so much I don't know what! And FINALLY got a nice team where people communicated, didn't troll and didn't flame so we won 16 - 5 and my rank displayed at MGE which I'm OK with after such a massive break, I was MG2 before and I know there was a shuffle recently so that's about right.

Mokoi

Banned
Sorry was kinda directed at people that knew what was going on with the site.
PayPal has them locked out of doing any cashouts. It's been this way since June 28th.
I have 240 bucks I've been waiting patiently to cash out.
All of this information on what is actually going on is NOWHERE to be found on their front page. But the giant HEY ESWC IS GOING ON AND WE ARE SPONSORS ALSO MAKE US A FREE ADVERTISING VIDEO AND GET SOME FREE OP POINTS is front and center.

The little info we are being drip fed about the cashout situation you have to find on their subreddit page.
shit what a joke. I was going to cash out this weekend too. They should put a notice on the main page so people know.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish I had access to Overwatch, that's the sort of thing I'd love to do in bed. I've only got 26 wins in GO, but 1000s of hours in CS in general but these days I rarely play but I'd love to help clean up the community, even a little.

Overdoziz

Banned
791d1f2a37a53b8518152c49be3160b3.png

Damn, they're practically giving these sweet vests away.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe the big surprise was a way for them to make more money without improving the game.

Roussow

So, I posted a day ago or so about advanced tips (thanks for the responses by the way).
Something I just realized though; quite a few of you were explicit in saying how terrible the Desert Eagle is -- Why is this? I never used it myself, just never been my thing, but why do people hate it? Also, on that subject, I'd be curious to see you guys here make a list of your Top 5 Best and Worst Guns, anything you've seen teammates use that's game ruining would be a laugh, too.

Overdoziz

Banned
Neat.

b32254a7d028ecc46d3e2b284b11ab5c.png

dbef60c757a5dc15d62635348d0f0922.jpg

---

Also, some actual communication from Valve(!):

This video and post is a really good example of how to help when you’re experiencing an issue. Thanks to /u/el_vper for putting in the work to identify reproducible steps for this bug (thanks also to /u/Harizio for providing a bind that consistently produces the effect). We’re able to reproduce it here too, and we’re working on a fix.

Providing clear reproducible steps is the best way to track down elusive bugs, and is much more likely to result in a solution than describing an issue out of context. With that in mind, we’d like to address some questions that have come up recently.

Q: Why has hit registration been a problem over the past week?
Some of you have been reporting hit registration issues starting in the past week or so, but we haven't shipped any code recently that would have impacted either hit registration or the way any individual weapons work. That’s not to say that there isn’t a problem, but if it’s new, it's probably not coming from a bug in the game. We're investigating, but in the meantime it helps us when you post reproducible steps that lead to poor hit registration.

Q: I see a bullet decal behind a player, but I didn’t hit them. What happened?
If you take a shot when running, jumping, or when unscoped with an AWP, your inaccuracy will be high and the bullet trace on the server and client are not guaranteed to hit in the same spot. This is because several months ago we shipped an update that eliminated most common aiming cheats, where we separated the client and server's random seed used to determine how inaccuracy is applied to a bullet.

Blood effects will always come from a server message confirming that you hit someone, but bullet impact decals on the world come from your client. Impact decals on the world come from the client because when those impact effects are delayed (as they would be coming from the server), they feel laggy, the game looks and feels unresponsive and it’s more difficult to control recoil.

When your inaccuracy is lowest for a weapon (i.e., when you’re standing still), at most the client and server will diverge by the weapon’s standing inaccuracy. But when you have higher inaccuracy, bullet decals are inaccurate and are not useful feedback. For example, with high inaccuracy bullet decals are not useful in diagnosing whether or not you should have hit someone.

Similarly, when you use sv_showimpacts, any client-reported hit is inaccurate for exactly the same reason. In the past, client-reported hits provided valuable information, but now they’re simply misleading. We’re considering removing the client portion of sv_showimpacts in the future because it literally has no benefit to the player to see this data other than to provide misinformation.

Q: What's the deal with hitboxes?
We mentioned recently that we're working on resolving cases where a player's hitbox doesn't match their model (e.g., jumping, while planting, on ladders, etc.). We have a good idea of how to solve the problem, but the implementing the solution takes time. So we’re working on it, but still don't have an ETA.

As a closing note, we know that some of you are concerned about hit-registration at LAN events (e.g., upcoming ESL One Cologne). There’s no reason to expect that there would be any new bug or issue at these events compared to previous ones.
Ultimately, the majority of hit-registration issues (outside of the planting/jumping/climbing issues we’re currently fixing) are the result of ping, internet connection issues, and the trade-offs that have to be made when connecting multiple players (Source Multiplayer Networking). The best way to avoid these issues is to play on LAN, but the unfortunate reality is that as long as most of us are playing online, some amount of hit-registration issues will be unavoidable.

For any issues that are not the result of these unavoidable factors, the most helpful thing you can do is to provide clear reproducible steps.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe...iscover_a_thé_cause_of_hitreg_failure/ct635zq

soultron

Banned
So, I posted a day ago or so about advanced tips (thanks for the responses by the way).
Something I just realized though; quite a few of you were explicit in saying how terrible the Desert Eagle is -- Why is this? I never used it myself, just never been my thing, but why do people hate it? Also, on that subject, I'd be curious to see you guys here make a list of your Top 5 Best and Worst Guns, anything you've seen teammates use that's game ruining would be a laugh, too.

Best:
AK47
M4 (whichever is cheapest at time of purchase)
Tec-9
AWP
Zeus

Worst:
MP7
MP9
XM1014
M249
Whatever gun I have when I get killed after winning pistol round

impact

Banned
Why would you buy a SMG not named UMP or P90

and lol at this sick news from the CSGO dev team. I'm so glad that's what they think we want. Meanwhile for people who actually play the game.... *crickets*

Valves thought process is pretty damn obvious and pathetic. "Look how popular this game is, lets keep putting more and more garbage like skins, music kits, etc. into it and make even MORE money. Game is still growing? Hell, let's not fix the game and keep the community strong, lets spend our time and energy making dumb apparel to make MORE AND MORE MONIESSS." Such a shame. I've held out hope they would announce some important changes to the game, alas here we are with several outstanding issues that have yet to be addressed.

Pretty much, and they're like the most praised company on this website too. It's hilarious how incompetent they are.

Omega

Banned
i think Sony is the most praised company.

they haven't released a game worth playing since like 2009 and yet somehow they're still relevant

thats just a 4k tho

look at the killfeed.

The Deagle is a fine weapon, you just have to make your shots count with it. The main problem is that pistols like the 5-7 and the Tec9 offer more utility and are cheaper.

impact

Banned
i think Sony is the most praised company.

they haven't released a game worth playing since like 2009 and yet somehow they're still relevant

Bloodborne is by far the best game to release in the last three years so yea you're pretty damn wrong.

Compared to Valve, who puts out terrific games such as

Jenenser

pfff, ignore the nabs, deag is great. you just need to learn how to use it and make your shots count. (it headshots trough helmet across the map.)

the problem with it is basicaly:
-to expensive compared to other pistols
-7 shots and if you miss the first one you are basicaly dead
-no first hit accuracy while running

best guns:
ak
m4 (both are great)
awp
sg553
p250

worst:
duals