• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

CzarTim

I also hate it when people say that if crab is despair we've already lost. I wouldn't have any problem voting for him if it came to that

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I also hate it when people say that if crab is despair we've already lost. I wouldn't have any problem voting for him if it came to that

Yup. What happens if kgtrep is Despair? Why are you "less already lost"?

Makai

And whose decision was it to make the choices me or himself? Oh, that's right - his.
That is not what you accused him of.

You're a tunneller. You're the sort of person who will get a suspiscion, and then drive at that one suspiscion for the entire rest of the game until either they get lynched or you die, ignoring all other discussion, conversation, and potentialities.

What does his power role have to do with Day 3-N?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Because no one trusts trep's opinions

I mean... aside from you. And CornBurrito. And Makai. And Swamped. And etc.

Makai said:
That is not what you accused him of.

Except it is. If you consciously lock yourself into a state where you can only tunnel, you are a tunneler.

What does his power role have to do with Day 3-N?

Even now, he's doing enough damage to town's chances. Additionally, supposing that for some strange reason we decided to tie the votes. I'm presuming Launchpad would probably have to keep us both alive because random kills is rather unbalanced, so there is a situation (although it's one we shouldn't take), in which I and kgtrep are both alive for tomorrow. In that situation, what do you think are the odds kgtrep will say "hmm, well, clearly this doesn't have town support given the current evidence, perhaps I'd better look at other avenues?".

Why don't we ask him? Hey, kgtrep, if we're both alive tomorrow, will you still try and vote for me all day long?

*Splinter

Corn and I both voted for you D1. Makai (if Hope) has obvious reason to distrust you. Swamped I wasn't feeling that strong a support from, did she even vote yet?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Corn and I both voted for you D1. Makai (if Hope) has obvious reason to distrust you. Swamped I wasn't feeling that strong a support from, did she even vote yet?

I'm not even talking about your vote, I'm talking about the fact that you yourself said:

I think you also undersell trep's value in the game. Some of his ideas may be a little 'out there' but it's nice to have a relatively trustworthy source offering a point of view that I can afford to place less doubt on (i.e I might disagree with him, but I can assume he believes what he says).

a few posts back. You do value kgtrep's opinion, and it's lying or obfuscating heavily to pretend that isn't the case. Again: if he is Despair, why is town more likely to win than if I am Despair? Most of the people voting for kgtrep even concede they think he is probably town, they just find it plausible that we're both town and I am more useful. If he survived, he'd be fairly unchallenged. In contrast, people voting for me actively think I am Despair. I don't think me surviving today will change your mind on that. Who do you think would be in the stronger position to mislead following this day?

kgtrep

Why don't we ask him? Hey, kgtrep, if we're both alive tomorrow, will you still try and vote for me all day long?

That's what you do, deflecting a question with a question. You answer my question about giving me that mega-post of yours, and I'll answer your question about what I'd do.

kgtrep

And when I want an answer, I don't mean you tell me why you didn't write one. If you said you would write one, keep your words for once.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That's what you do, deflecting a question with a question. You answer my question about giving me that mega-post of yours, and I'll answer your question about what I'd do.

Already answered it. What's the point? I could give you any post under the sun and you won't change what you do today. Bluntly speaking, I don't care about you. One of us dies, it sure as hell isn't going to be me if I have anything to do with it, and so my job is to persuade all the people that aren't you. There, answered your question, now you answer mine.

*Splinter

I said he's trustworthy, I also described his opinions as 'out there' and that's why I don't think many people will follow his lead.

I will concede on one part though, I have taken trep's alignment as confirmed way too early.

Swamped

Banned
I think you should post something if you can. There is always a chance you could be killed tonight.

Got that right. What you've got wrong is that you've said it's very easy for Despair to stagnate discussion... and then said as a result of that you're going to withhold new material. That makes 0 sense. This day might actually be useful in terms of reads if people posted material.

XD you both are absolutely right. Reading through Day 2 in bulk is so frustrating that I was afraid people wouldn't notice my reads over the kgtrep vs Crab noise. There isn't much time left in this day phase either, but these reads might still be useful in case I die tonight (but at least I beat my personal best of 1 day!)

I'm doing a lot of people, so don't expect much detail per person, but if I have time before leaving for work I will try to elaborate on some of them. Also, keep in mind that this is only Day 2 and everything could change later.

[m] Rest - I'm actually not so sure, was leaning towards hope though. Difficult to update my views on him since he wasn't able to post much this Day phase.
[ f ] Sawneeks - Another question mark. She started posting more this phase, but she also says she doesn't like having her vote restricted (well, who does?). Maybe she has a particular reason to be invested in this battle? I believe my thoughts on her will depend on how Crab flips.
[m] CornBurrito - Hamfistedly tried to get the discussion moving in another direction (this was really exasperating to read in bulk btw). I still lean Hope on him.
[m] ViviOggi - Is suspicious of KK, which makes me wary of him because in my mind KK is most certainly Hope, but would make a good target for Despair to hang their suspicions on to from KK's Day 1 kerfuffle.
[ f ] Pau - Dang, I still haven't been able to get a proper read on her. She did post her reads though, I think that was the first time this game. Question mark.
[m] *Splinter - Seems to be driving discussion forward. Is suspicious of Crab, and seemed to be even before this Day started. Don't think he is Despair 'taking advantage' of the situation. Hope.
[m] Kalor - This guy...how does he make himself so invisible? What I found strange was that he was on no-one's reads Day 1, but Day people seem to have caught on and are talking a little more about him. He hasn't done anything to make me super suspicious yet and posted reads, but I'm keeping an eye out.
[m] Zippedpinhead - I am wary of him. Certain posts just seem to come out of the blue, and I'm not sure if this is a Despair tactic or just Zipp posting his thoughts randomly.
[m] CzarTim - I don't really get his jokes, but apart from that his posts feel fairly useful. Probably Hope.
[m] Makai - I have outlined my suspicions before. Still don't trust his role claim. If Crab flips Despair then I may change my mind.
[m] SalvaPot - He seems to have broadened his list of suspicious people, but his post content still concerns me. No proofs, not willing to argue through ideas. I am wary. I do like the poster though, I always play Chaos route first.
[m] AbsolutBro - His posts are few but are useful to read through. Hope.
[m] Barrylocke - Doesn't post much, but every post seems to be logical. Hope.
[m] Terrabyte20xx - I just don't know, leaning hope (I think you can tell I'm getting tired now...)
[m] kingkitty - Most likely Hope in my mind.
[m] goshujinsama - I think Hope. I really like his posts and his command of the English language.
[m]Ty4on - leaning Hope
[m]TL21xx - Would like him to post more, I think he said he was away? Anyway, unable to form an opinion on him.

Swamped

Banned
Swamped how do you mention Crab twice and still miss him? :p

I think you're missing another but can't figure out who

Oh, I purposefully skipped Crab and kgtrep because I kinda didn't want to focus on them. I feel like my brain is tired of them lol. See my previous posts to see how I feel about them.

Also - I'm on the Law side in SalvaPot's poster, totally missed that from my phone, just assumed it was chaos. Does that snafu further make you think I am Despair XD

Kalor

Oh, I purposefully skipped Crab and kgtrep because I kinda didn't want to focus on them. I feel like my brain is tired of them lol. See my previous posts to see how I feel about them.

Also - I'm on the Law side in SalvaPot's poster, totally missed that from my phone, just assumed it was chaos. Does that snafu further make you think I am Despair XD

Well obviously you and SalvaPot are Despair and he is trying to make us you think you are Hope by putting you on the Law side. :p

I'm conflicted on my vote for today as I've been going between the two more now that Kgtrep and Crab are directly interacting more. I'll probably vote a couple of hours before the deadline.

Swamped don't say that...

I've been thinking about my vote throughout the last day or so as I read the thread, and all I'm coming back to is I don't want to punish crab. I've said it's not the smart thing, that whole guesstimating role alignment for kgtrep (where his role is more beneficial to use for hope, and just generally not getting a scum read from him) and the reservations for scene02 from kgtrep' argument (I can't explain it, but when presented without scene's 01 & 03, which I find circumstantial at best, I feel that scene02 is compelling but not enough to kill today.

My vote remains the same today, il revisit this later on today. Just to make sure, but I really do not think punishing crab is the correct play here

Swamped

Banned
Swamped don't say that...

Just because you gave me a nice Hope read doesn't mean I have to return the favor, especially if I am suspicious! And these reads are not set in stone, it's just how I felt about this Day phase (and it's still early in the game). Maybe you'll do something that makes you unequivocally Hope and then I'll change my mind.

*Splinter

Sorry to backtrack, I didn't have time to respond earlier.
I don't think that's true. If a) I am Hope Crab, and b) I am useful, then c) I will die. If I don't die, then either I'm not Hope or I'm not being useful, either of which gives you reason to ignore/lynch me.
I don't understand. We were talking about the risk/reward in letting you live. The risk is you could be Despair with a lot of influence over town. The reward was you could be a useful Hope. I claimed that the risk was greater than the reward and you've... described that the reward is actually even lower? Or am I completely misunderstanding?
This will become increasingly true as the game goes on. I strongly feel town blew their powder going after me quite this early. There's a reason that if you ask any experienced mafia player, they'll tell you not to lynch the noisy people early. It's invariably a waste of time.
How would an 'experienced Mafia player' deal with a false Town leader? Since I (and others) believe that to be the case, I've been working under the assumption that said false leader would have to be killed or discredited ASAP, to minimise damage.

Yes and no. kgtrep's role is a known quality, his alignment is not. If you lynch him, your new information is an alignment. If you lynch me, it's an alignment and a role. Now, the odds are very probable my role is the default town role, in which case you didn't actually learn anything more by lynching me (other than that I'm not a PR, which is fairly useless information at the point I'm dead). If I am a PR, then you got more information... but it's now largely useless information and you got it by sacrificing potential future information that would stem from my PR. So, you do get more information, my I don't think it's useful information.

In terms of what you learn if I'm Despair, I think that's equal between both of us. For example, mafia normally plan things together and co-ordinate, so if kgtrep is Despair, you learn that mafia are not playing conventionally at all - they're playing much more aggressively than mafia ordinarily do. That's very valuable information to know, because it changes how you'll have to play completely.
I think you are discounting the fact that knowledge of one person's alignment can influence your reads of other people. You have, for better or for worse, dominated the early part of this game. I can look at many interactions between you and others, under various circumstances. kgtrep on the other hand has been more of a lone wolf. His D1 suspicions gained little support, and very few people pointed suspicion at him in return. Most people have decided he is hope - yet many have avoided explaining why, so even this gives us less info than it should.
You're presupposing my guilt based on what you think of his innocence, then, which is not useful. Even if that weren't the case, it's not much good have a trustworthy source that makes bad decisions all the time. That's how town loses games, and I think it's pretty difficult to argue that kgtrep using his role now was a bad decision.
I was suspicious of you before kg's gambit, so that isn't true.
"bad decisions lose games" - I won't argue with that, but I've described before that this was the one scenario where I'd support the use of his ability. I won't bother repeating this unless you want me to.

I appreciate the discussion Crab, if not for my own sake but for anyone on the fence. My read of all of this is that your answers are motivated by self-preservation rather than town's best interests, but now that more of this info has been presented I leave it to others to draw their own conclusions.

Already answered it. What's the point? I could give you any post under the sun and you won't change what you do today. Bluntly speaking, I don't care about you. One of us dies, it sure as hell isn't going to be me if I have anything to do with it, and so my job is to persuade all the people that aren't you. There, answered your question, now you answer mine.

Why did you vote for yourself initially then? Makai is sounding more and more correct to me.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
TL21xx

Very little content here, although in fairness we're talking about a replacement player. Nevertheless, he replaced in D1 and we're nearing the end of D2. Relative fence-sitter, not keen to commit - content to wait for kingkitty (#739), suspiscious about the Rest wagon but not actually enough to vote for anyone (#739), and wilfully admits in the same post he's not willing to comment seriously. It doesn't change. By #854, he admits suspicion of Makai, but still doesn't vote, noting the pile on Makai. This is a reasonable excuse in some contexts, but there's no explanation of why he thinks it is an excuse in this context. Early game wagons are usually town, because mafia avoids catching obvious suspect like that.

We get a vote (for Hagi) by #1048, but there's no explanation for why other than "to avoid tying the vote". This is a non-reason, he could also have avoided it by voting for Rest, so there's no comparative explanation for why Hagi over Rest.

By #1426, we get a vote for kgtrep. He states he felt suspiscious of kgtrep for some time - but there's no reason why. He then said that I persuaded him kgtrep was Hope - but there's no reason why he found that explanation persuasive. There's been little to no interaction beyond that point, other than explaining to AbsolutBro why he has been so distant.

Verdict: It's difficult to know what to make of him. Regardless, I'd like to see more content. That doesn't necessarily mean a higher post count, but it does mean content in each post - explaining why he votes for people, why he finds particular arguments more or less plausible. At this stage I'm willing to peg it to "new player" rather than "lurking mafia". Nevertheless, he's a free kill for mafia if he is Hope because he has few interactions with other players.​

Ty4on

Another replacement player. We find from #1114 he considered voting Rest, but not why, and he never actually does vote for Rest, apparently distracted by Makai's role claim. This is a plausible excuse, it certainly derailed the end of Day 1. He finds me trustworthy, because of how much content I generate. It's not an indepth argument, but it is again plausible. He finds CornBurrito suspiscious for picking out three specific people on the Makai wagon, when there were more than that, and he didn't see why CornBurrito picked those people.

This is fair, there were seven people who had voted Makai by that stage (not all at once). CornBurrito then picks three (me, franconp, and Sawneeks) - and he picks franconp and Sawneeks because of their association with me, despite giving me the benefit of the doubt in #955. So, I think that's an observant point from Ty4on.

He then has fairly weakly held opinions on a number of players kgtrep, kingkitty, and Hagi. Nevertheless, they serve as launching points for discussion. We then get an unjustified vote for Rest by #1138. This does have the value of being consistent with his earlier opinion about Rest - although we still don't know why.

However, by #1232, he suddenly no longer trusts me (or not to the same extent). Again, we have no explanation why. In the intervening time we had kgtrep's argument, but there's no clue as to why that persuaded him - possibly simply because he found kgtrep towny earlier. Nevertheless, he's still content to play devil's advocate for me, in pointing out a weaker one of kgtrep's points, so it's at least partially consistent with his earlier play. He's also willing to engage with untouched material even on difficult days like D2, switching to discussion of franconp's death by #1238, and when he does return, it's on lines of analysis that weren't followed earlier that he had been pursuing, like in #1341 where we still haven't found out why CornBurrito pivoted around the me, franconp, Sawneeks group.

There's some mechanic discussion around here, which I think is useful but isn't really a tell because anyone can engage in it without it actually revealing anything about them or how they feel about other people. In fact, I treat it as a mild scumtell, although given that he was specifically mentioned in #1543 by me as a player who mechanics might specifically affect, I can write that one off.

By #1627 he mentions he finds kgtrep's explanation of why I am Despair unconvincing, but this is interesting because it conflicts with his statement in #1232. These are only consistent if he has some reason to partially suspect me that is nevertheless independent of kgtrep's reasoning. We don't find out what this is, I'd be interested to hear it.

#1789 involves independent work by Ty4on in calling out AbsolutBro, who stated to be suspiscious of those who avoided being in bandwagons of any sort then ended up not being in a bandwagon by being Makai's sole end of Day 1 vote. This was good. AbsolutBro has what I consider to be a fair response in #1801, but I liked the pressure put on him, especially when the day was getting stale. I intuitively feel like it isn't in Despair's interests to do that.

Verdict: I think it's very probable Ty4on is town, given he's consistenly acted in town's interests. I do want to know exactly how he feels about kgtrep and myself because sometimes his posts from the early #1200 conflict with later ones from the #1400, and I'd also like to have some more specific details on what he thinks of Rest and whether that remains the case, but that's a matter of his play not his alignment. Having said that, I think his play is mostly very good, as he forced new observations onto the table.​

goshujinsama

Votes Swamped for no real reason in #440, but this is very early, so I don't read much into it. We then get #461 and #466, in which he effectively concedes he has a power role. I find this interesting, for two reasons. Firstly, it just seems improbable that even very new players could not understand this would hint to scum what their role is, and secondly, he's not dead yet. Neither of these are inexplainable - very new, and mafia being aware of protective roles - but they both stand out to me. He then unvotes Swamped in #477, the unvote also without reason (apparently persuaded by Terrabyte20xx in some way which is not immediately clear). In #632 we find his accidental claim (which he now *fully* admits to) may not have been as disastrous. This is consistent with his role apparently having been revealed as a switcher, as many switchers can self-switch.

We find out that he thinks Pau and Barrylocke are probably town in #656. This is interesting because Pau and Barrylocke barely have posts at this stage and are a very odd pair to think "probably" anything of. We do get some shade thrown at ViviOggi shortly after, though - and a reasoning, being that ViviOggi had a habit of jumping on bandwagons late. There's definitely a truth to this, although I think there needed to be a stronger argument here - in Day 1, it's very unlikely that town are going to lynch mafia, so why do mafia even need to join the bandwagons in the first place? It just catches undue suspicion. He then backs down immediately in #662. I don't think the backing down in itself is suspiscious - ViviOggi's defense in #661 was competent - but it does paint a picture of someone keen not to offend or cause controversy.

However, #795 is a good post and really what I want to see from everyone. We get a detail of goshujin's perspective on every living player. I don't disagree with many of the statements (although they are fairly shallow observations in many cases). What I do find interesting is that Barrylocke is called out as suspiscious, despite, as noted, goshujinsama found him plausibly town-y earlier. I don't understand what changed, because in this post Barrylocke was called out for poor content contribution, but Barrylocke has been doing that all game long, it wasn't a new thing.

By #817 we get more suspicion on Makai for not giving reads. I mention this specifically to highlight the fact that Makai was getting pushed on by multiple people for his bad play, and not just me. It's also consistent with the way he feels about SalvaPot in that same post. Nevertheless, his vote falls on AbsolutBro. I'm somewhat wary about this (joining a building wagon) not necessarily because I think goshujin is scum, but because I think he is struggling to put forth opinions of his own. Many of his posts are derivative, and at the few points he is confrontational, he is made to back down easily.

#1350 commits to me as Hope, but also feels kgtrep is Hope. This at odds with what he thought earlier - kgtrep was pegged in #817 as a figure of suspicion to goshujin. It's not clear what caused this change in mind. He's still content to vote kgtrep anyway, but for largely mechanical reasons - worrying about the specifics of kgtrep's role. I am, again, worried by this fence-sitting.

#1728 is another useful post of the sort that we should be seeing more often. It's observant (noticing that Makai has heavily hinted he has an investigatory power), but I think, again, largely non-confrontational. Everyone's read is either "Hope" or "need to see more", with the exception of Makai. There's a certain wariness of CzarTim, Pau, and Kalor - but the reasoning is derivative of my post at #1450.

I really like #1806. It's my favourite post from goshujinsama and has done the most to shape my opinion of him. He's keen to press me on my aggression (more on that later), but that doesn't distract him from the fact that kgtrep's arguments are weak at best. It's his first real confrontation with someone who, for obvious reasons, has been a major player in the game. It also went *totally* unresponded to by kgtrep.

Verdict: Probably town. My slight concern is that, even though I suspect he was town, he would be a deadweight player - largely content to mimic the opinions of others. However, as the game has progressed, he's shown a good learning curve. He's certainly very observant, and in a way I think is difficult for mafia to pretend to be. I would like to see that observation harnessed more combatively in the future.​

Splitting these up so I don't exceed GAF's words per post limit.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand. We were talking about the risk/reward in letting you live. The risk is you could be Despair with a lot of influence over town. The reward was you could be a useful Hope. I claimed that the risk was greater than the reward and you've... described that the reward is actually even lower? Or am I completely misunderstanding?

Misunderstanding. I'm saying that if I am Despair, I think the nature of the way will make it obvious as the game goes on. As it is, I think I will probably be able to limp on for a few more days as Hope and give you all information before Mafia kills me.

How would an 'experienced Mafia player' deal with a false Town leader? Since I (and others) believe that to be the case, I've been working under the assumption that said false leader would have to be killed or discredited ASAP, to minimise damage.

Not be lead. No, seriously. This game works better when people work individually. Someone is only a leader at the point you let them lead. If you think anything I say, or anything CzarTim says, or anything kgtrep says is not right, just challenge them. You don't catch me missing a chance to have a go at someone.

I think you are discounting the fact that knowledge of one person's alignment can influence your reads of other people. You have, for better or for worse, dominated the early part of this game. I can look at many interactions between you and others, under various circumstances. kgtrep on the other hand has been more of a lone wolf. His D1 suspicions gained little support, and very few people pointed suspicion at him in return. Most people have decided he is hope - yet many have avoided explaining why, so even this gives us less info than it should.

So, your response to "not many people have made observations on kgtrep" is "kill Crab"? Say what? Surely that fact that kgtrep has avoided having any serious observations made on him is somewhat suspicious in and of itself?

I was suspicious of you before kg's gambit, so that isn't true.
"bad decisions lose games" - I won't argue with that, but I've described before that this was the one scenario where I'd support the use of his ability. I won't bother repeating this unless you want me to.

No. The fact you suspected me before kg's gambit doesn't suddenly erase that post where you say you find kgtrep a trustworthy source and would listen to him. What happens if he is not? Isn't that more damaging to you than if I am?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh now I'm thinking about switching my vote. If crab is hope, he can't be around for LyLo or we're going to lose for sure

This is sarcasm, right? I'm like 95% sure but you worry me sometimes.

Just because you gave me a nice Hope read doesn't mean I have to return the favor, especially if I am suspicious! And these reads are not set in stone, it's just how I felt about this Day phase (and it's still early in the game). Maybe you'll do something that makes you unequivocally Hope and then I'll change my mind.

Oh I know, I iust wanted to respond cheekily.

Looking at your reads for makai, if crab does flip hope does that peg makai as "more likely to be despair" or "less likely to be despair"?

ViviOggi

XD you both are absolutely right. Reading through Day 2 in bulk is so frustrating that I was afraid people wouldn't notice my reads over the kgtrep vs Crab noise. There isn't much time left in this day phase either, but these reads might still be useful in case I die tonight (but at least I beat my personal best of 1 day!)

I'm doing a lot of people, so don't expect much detail per person, but if I have time before leaving for work I will try to elaborate on some of them. Also, keep in mind that this is only Day 2 and everything could change later.

[m] Rest - I'm actually not so sure, was leaning towards hope though. Difficult to update my views on him since he wasn't able to post much this Day phase.
[ f ] Sawneeks - Another question mark. She started posting more this phase, but she also says she doesn't like having her vote restricted (well, who does?). Maybe she has a particular reason to be invested in this battle? I believe my thoughts on her will depend on how Crab flips.
[m] CornBurrito - Hamfistedly tried to get the discussion moving in another direction (this was really exasperating to read in bulk btw). I still lean Hope on him.
[m] ViviOggi - Is suspicious of KK, which makes me wary of him because in my mind KK is most certainly Hope, but would make a good target for Despair to hang their suspicions on to from KK's Day 1 kerfuffle.
[ f ] Pau - Dang, I still haven't been able to get a proper read on her. She did post her reads though, I think that was the first time this game. Question mark.
[m] *Splinter - Seems to be driving discussion forward. Is suspicious of Crab, and seemed to be even before this Day started. Don't think he is Despair 'taking advantage' of the situation. Hope.
[m] Kalor - This guy...how does he make himself so invisible? What I found strange was that he was on no-one's reads Day 1, but Day people seem to have caught on and are talking a little more about him. He hasn't done anything to make me super suspicious yet and posted reads, but I'm keeping an eye out.
[m] Zippedpinhead - I am wary of him. Certain posts just seem to come out of the blue, and I'm not sure if this is a Despair tactic or just Zipp posting his thoughts randomly.
[m] CzarTim - I don't really get his jokes, but apart from that his posts feel fairly useful. Probably Hope.
[m] Makai - I have outlined my suspicions before. Still don't trust his role claim. If Crab flips Despair then I may change my mind.
[m] SalvaPot - He seems to have broadened his list of suspicious people, but his post content still concerns me. No proofs, not willing to argue through ideas. I am wary. I do like the poster though, I always play Chaos route first.
[m] AbsolutBro - His posts are few but are useful to read through. Hope.
[m] Barrylocke - Doesn't post much, but every post seems to be logical. Hope.
[m] Terrabyte20xx - I just don't know, leaning hope (I think you can tell I'm getting tired now...)
[m] kingkitty - Most likely Hope in my mind.
[m] goshujinsama - I think Hope. I really like his posts and his command of the English language.
[m]Ty4on - leaning Hope
[m]TL21xx - Would like him to post more, I think he said he was away? Anyway, unable to form an opinion on him.
Unsure why anyone wouldn't be suspicious of kingkitty after his D1 antics. That said I'm actually slightly leaning Hope on him (cf. my recent list of reads) and don't think there's much value in discussing him right now.

On the other hand, why are you so sure of Barry being Hope?

Swamped

Banned
Oh I know, I iust wanted to respond cheekily.

Looking at your reads for makai, if crab does flip hope does that peg makai as "more likely to be despair" or "less likely to be despair"?

Good question, I've thought about that scenario too. If Crab flips Hope then my opinion on Makai probably won't change too much compared to what it is at this moment. Makai seems to be pretty adamant about getting Crab out of the picture, but many other players i pegged as Hope are too. I will say that if Crab flips Hope i will read through Makai's Day 2 posts more carefully.

Unsure why anyone wouldn't be suspicious of kingkitty after his D1 antics. That said I'm actually slightly leaning Hope on him (cf. my recent list of reads) and don't think there's much value in discussing him right now.

On the other hand, why are you so sure of Barry being Hope?

I wasn't aware of your updated views on KK, sorry!

I am not sure of Barry being Hope. At that point in my list I add getting tired of saying 'leaning hope i think but not sure'. I'm not 100% sure of AB or Barry at all (that would be stupid at this early stage of the game). But Barry's few posts strike me as insightful and transparent, which gives me hope vibes. Wish i could link some posts but I'm on my phone now.

ViviOggi

Thanks

Can the people who haven't voted state their intended vote please? I know a couple of you have already, but I want to get a sense of where we're at

Slightly leaning Crab because his flip should give us more information but it's like 55-45 right now. I'll post again once I've got something better.

So people don't call me disingenuous later, the day will end without a punishment if the vote counts are tied or if there is no plurality at the end of the Day Phase.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
While I'm typing up longer posts, here's a thought about Makai. Supposedly, he's an investigative role. We've had heavy hints at that. He also is pushing on me, heavily. If I flip Hope, what does that make you think of him?

ViviOggi

I wasn't aware of your updated views on KK, sorry!
np
I am not sure of Barry being Hope. At that point in my list I add getting tired of saying 'leaning hope i think but not sure'. I'm not 100% sure of AB or Barry at all (that would be stupid at this early stage of the game). But Barry's few posts strike me as insightful and transparent, which gives me hope vibes. Wish i could link some posts but I'm on my phone now.
That's fair, I believe this kind of list (including mine) is always more gut feeling than profound analysis. Barry's posts have never been straight up bad or anything but what I recall of his analysis has been on the superficial side, which is why I'm wary of him.

The dog-piling is definitely a mafiaGAF characteristic.

By anyone confused by the crab, the old lady, the worst jrpg protagonist of all time in a beanie, and the yellow globe attached to a body, I was referring to the minimum required votes for a plurality, as stipulated in the rules.

Crabbypants said:
There must be a minimum of two (2) votes for a choice to be considered a plurality.

Palmer_v1

The dog-piling is definitely a mafiaGAF characteristic.

By anyone confused by the crab, the old lady, the worst jrpg protagonist of all time in a beanie, and the yellow globe attached to a body, I was referring to the minimum required votes for a plurality, as stipulated in the rules.

i32QHSaRTxNQr.gif

Top Bottom