• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

I buy this theory. He was the obvious choice for a roleblock.

Actually this presents a major problem doesn't it? Because in this scenario, Czar must have the blocker on his fight club roster. We may lose our blocker tonight unless Czar saw multiple people.

*Splinter

Yeah I'm actually dumb I guess with my reasoning for not getting rid of Czar tonight.

But I stand strongly by my assertion that Kalor and Vivi are Hope.

I strongly strongly strongly believe Splinter is Despair based on his D2 actions and D3 actions.
Which actions? All I see in your posts is a list of votes. Every vote and suspicion I've given has been backed up with reasons, many of which you have agreed with.

So besides being wrong about Tim (like almost everyone) and Crab (like a few people, usually including you), what exactly is making you think I'm Despair?

Which actions? All I see in your posts is a list of votes. Every vote and suspicion I've given has been backed up with reasons, many of which you have agreed with.

So besides being wrong about Tim (like almost everyone) and Crab (like a few people, usually including you), what exactly is making you think I'm Despair?

A vote is an action.

Your voting pattern is consistent with how I believe a Despair member would have voted. Unlike you, I ended up changing my mind on Crab during D2 and I placed a late vote on Czar. You placed a later vote on Sawneeks. You kept your vote on Crab. Your behavior IS consistent with Despair behavior, or what I believe Despair behavior would be. Sorry. If you aren't Despair, sorry.

But you aren't going to change my mind. I was ultimately correct about Czar. See my linked post on critical post 1/3. I'm trusting myself here. You are Despair. I won't allow you to make my hope falter.

Hmm some good points in this thread, will think about my vote and post more later

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit That really is some GOOD shit

*Splinter

A vote is an action.

Your voting pattern is consistent with how I believe a Despair member would have voted. Unlike you, I ended up changing my mind on Crab during D2 and I placed a late vote on Czar. You placed a later vote on Sawneeks. You kept your vote on Crab. Your behavior IS consistent with Despair behavior, or what I believe Despair behavior would be. Sorry. If you aren't Despair, sorry.

But you aren't going to change my mind. I was ultimately correct about Czar. See my linked post on critical post 1/3. I'm trusting myself here. You are Despair. I won't allow you to make my hope falter.
That's such a bad argument I don't know how to respond.

I guess I'll point out the main error: My vote for Sawneeks wasn't "later" than your vote for Tim. In fact it was your refusal to stand up to Crab that forced me to vote Saw. Prior to that we were both on Zipped and I was the one person defending Saw.

Also, IIRC at the time of Tim's reveal you had him pegged as hope. It's pretty disingenuous to claim "called it!" when you've claimed every alignment for most players at some point or another.

Since you've said you won't listen to reason and I don't suspect you, I'll not waste further time on this. If anyone has any real concerns I'll be happy to address them.

That's such a bad argument I don't know how to respond.

I guess I'll point out the main error: My vote for Sawneeks wasn't "later" than your vote for Tim. In fact it was your refusal to stand up to Crab that forced me to vote Saw. Prior to that we were both on Zipped and I was the one person defending Saw.

Also, IIRC at the time of Tim's reveal you had him pegged as hope. It's pretty disingenuous to claim "called it!" when you've claimed every alignment for most players at some point or another.

Since you've said you won't listen to reason and I don't suspect you, I'll not waste further time on this. If anyone has any real concerns I'll be happy to address them.

I meant to say I called it initially. Before I was misled by Czars smooth talking on D3.

Also a late vote for CzarTim is exactly what I wouldn't expect from Despair. So saying my vote for Tim was late is kind of... Idk. Like Vivi/Kalor/zipped placed late votes for Czar and that's why I don't think they are Despair.

I is nice to see that I was right, even though I don't think anyone changed their votes thanks to my words.

I need to see if my Kingkitty musing yesterday actually holds some water.

CzarTim I suppose I should ask why you didn't override your vote on me. I have a strange feeling that it's something that would have made some people very happy. I'm glad you didn't though.

kingkitty

I need to reveal my ability right now. Basically, I have plot armor and I cannot be night-killed. I only die if I fail to persuade town of my innocence and get lynched.

That honestly seems like a convenient role description but at this point I think you lean town (for now). I did a little analysis on Day 3, and argued that it would be hard to find Makai AND Czartim on the same despair team. But honestly looking back at that analysis, it was a little thin on you two, so it doesn't 100 percent exonerate you in my mind.

I also think you role claiming so early was either an unfortunate hope move...or a head-scratching despair move. In the end I thought it was the former. I kinda chalked it up to Crab's more extreme (but pro-hope) methods which I suppose can alienate some. Whether it was conflict between you v Crab, kgtrep v Crab, burrito v Crab, etc.

It was out of nowhere and it seemed to be a metaphor for learning the identity of another Hope player. That's what I meant when I said on Day 1 when I said I no longer suspected CzarTim because of his "dog whistle." This was refuted when he revealed himself as a Cop, but I still thought he was Hope because of how insane that ploy was.

Well that explains it. One of my posts pointed this out on Day 3. I thought I was overthinking it but I guess I wasn't. Damn impostors with their fake "dog whistles", lol.

I still don't know the identity of the other Lucky Student. I've been thinking it over and I think you should reveal yourself. If you keep quiet, you might get Despair to target you for night kill and waste a night. But the bigger threat to both of us is lynching. If you come out, it will give my testimony more credibility and Town will be able to narrow down its suspect list. Your call, of course.

If you are hope, then whoever your high-school level hope buddy is, I think he or she should probably hold their tongue for now. It would be pretty neat if we could get despair to waste another night on the wrong target. This person should at least hold off claiming on Day 4, unless he or she has no choice.

Anyways the best, safest thing we can do today is slowly skin CzarTim.

CzarTim

I is nice to see that I was right, even though I don't think anyone changed their votes thanks to my words.

I need to see if my Kingkitty musing yesterday actually holds some water.

CzarTim I suppose I should ask why you didn't override your vote on me. I have a strange feeling that it's something that would have made some people very happy. I'm glad you didn't though.
Took All my willpower not to as my first post on day one lol

also CzarTim, do you have any reads?
On train will post them later

*Splinter

I meant to say I called it initially. Before I was misled by Czars smooth talking on D3.

Also a late vote for CzarTim is exactly what I wouldn't expect from Despair. So saying my vote for Tim was late is kind of... Idk. Like Vivi/Kalor/zipped placed late votes for Czar and that's why I don't think they are Despair.

Point_missed.gif

I didn't say your late vote for Czar was indicative of anything. I simply pointed out that you had implied you voted Tim before I voted Saw. That was false, and misleading.

And "called it initially" is meaningless. Hell I could say I "called it" early on D1. But the fact is that I (and you, and most of town) believed that Tim was Hope at the time of his reveal.

As for the bolded, Despair will be trying to do exactly what you don't expect them to. If you say "a late vote for CzarTim is exactly what I wouldn't expect from Despair" then that's exactly what they would be aiming for, and if there are any Despair in that list then they're laughing their asses off at you for discounting their entire game in favour of one tactical vote.

Corn, you know I trust your alignment at the moment. You're the most active poster still in the game now, I need you to think your points through more than this. I'm glad you're attacking off of your own convictions now, but the whole "nothing will change my mind thing" will help you as much as it helped kgtrep. You aren't 100% certain because of a strong argument (in fact this is your weakest argument yet), you're choosing to be 100% because some (led by me) have called you a flip-flopper, and you've taken it personally, even though I said before that it was a) a joke and b) not a bad thing.

*Splinter

As for my own thoughts. I see most people have come to a different conclusion to myself overnight regarding Tim's play. I had gotten the impression that he expected to lose the vote, mostly because he pushed for his own lynch so hard all day, and passed up an easy opportunity to lynch another town PR (Sawneeks). The only thing I couldn't figure out was why he would do this so early... on the plus side (for Despair) he pulled out a lot of power roles, including the lovers who claimed for nothing, wasted an ENTIRE day talking about mechanics, and then lynched Crab (who happened to be a Nurse, though frankly losing Crab was a bigger loss for us than losing the Nurse). I feel like I'm missing something though, the tradeoff hardly seems worth it at this early stage, especially as Tim already seemed at least aware of most of the PRs.

Of course, I could just be wrong and he was going for more Hope trust. Also a weird gamble in my eyes as he already had quite a lot of this, and could easily have avoided being lynched while doing it.

For today, I'm most interested in people who made the right vote for the wrong reasons. Thats basically everyone that voted for Tim, minus goshujinsama who I think was the only person to figure out what was happening. I'm also curious as to why the Sawneeks vote picked up so easily. Its a shame Crab refused to explain his choice, and if Tim really did want to survive yesterday then Crab pointing at a (to them) known power role must have been too tempting for them to ignore (I think this is why Tim eventually voted Saw, I'd bet there are more in that list).

Also since Tim is confirmed Despair and still posting I will expect the opposite of everything he has said.
please don't roleblock me it's very rude.

i wanted my sweet, sweet kill
I don't think Tim made the kill/was blocked.
Guys.... I'm starting to think I'm mafia. :(
Hmm... maybe he's actually hope?
This one is sarcasm, ok? I shouldn't need to say it, but I'm just not sure with some of you

Corn, you know I trust your alignment at the moment. You're the most active poster still in the game now, I need you to think your points through more than this. I'm glad you're attacking off of your own convictions now, but the whole "nothing will change my mind thing" will help you as much as it helped kgtrep. You aren't 100% certain because of a strong argument (in fact this is your weakest argument yet), you're choosing to be 100% because some (led by me) have called you a flip-flopper, and you've taken it personally, even though I said before that it was a) a joke and b) not a bad thing.

The bolded is 100% fucking false. I dont dislike you. In fact, I want you to be Hope. I always took the flip flopper comments as light hearted jabs.

I fully believe that Despair wanted Crab dead on D2 (because I believe someone saw Crab on N1), and Czartim alive on D3 (because of how potent his ability is, coupled with the way the kill system probably works).

Your pattern is consistent with that. Is it strong/conclusive evidence? No. Absolutely not. Is it evidence? Yes. I fully believe it. I urged anyone who was not comfortable with my accusations against you to read into your post history in this game. I still stand by that. I will not ask people to blindly bandwagon you. I'm not saying that other people cannot change their minds based on your arguments. But I'm not going to be swayed, especially when your argument seems to be "hey, you almost fit the same pattern" and "If it is an obvious Despair pattern, why would Despair follow it?"

The former is a weird argument because I almost fit the same pattern, but did not. Even if it was caused by my flip-floppy nature, I did not fit the pattern. I'd expect a confused Hope with almost no information to flip flop.

The latter is not a counter-argument I'm going to buy into anymore. This is a complex game. Some Despair will not fit the pattern. Czartim is actually a good example of that. But some will. Some inevitably will have to, because Despair cannot afford all of its members to make bad Despair plays in favor of making good Town plays. There are going to be members of Despair who voted for Crab on D2, because Despair almost certainly wanted Crab eliminated. Sure, I expect a few to have voted for Kgtrep to create distance. There are going to be members of Despair who voted for Czartim yesterday as well. But given how powerful Czartim's ability is to Despair, I'm entirely positive that at least SOME members of Despair will have tried their damnedest (even if only using votes) to keep Czar alive on D3.

As for my own thoughts. I see most people have come to a different conclusion to myself overnight regarding Tim's play. I had gotten the impression that he expected to lose the vote, mostly because he pushed for his own lynch so hard all day, and passed up an easy opportunity to lynch another town PR (Sawneeks). The only thing I couldn't figure out was why he would do this so early... on the plus side (for Despair) he pulled out a lot of power roles, including the lovers who claimed for nothing, wasted an ENTIRE day talking about mechanics, and then lynched Crab (who happened to be a Nurse, though frankly losing Crab was a bigger loss for us than losing the Nurse). I feel like I'm missing something though, the tradeoff hardly seems worth it at this early stage, especially as Tim already seemed at least aware of most of the PRs.

Of course, I could just be wrong and he was going for more Hope trust. Also a weird gamble in my eyes as he already had quite a lot of this, and could easily have avoided being lynched while doing it.

For today, I'm most interested in people who made the right vote for the wrong reasons. Thats basically everyone that voted for Tim, minus goshujinsama who I think was the only person to figure out what was happening. I'm also curious as to why the Sawneeks vote picked up so easily. Its a shame Crab refused to explain his choice, and if Tim really did want to survive yesterday then Crab pointing at a (to them) known power role must have been too tempting for them to ignore (I think this is why Tim eventually voted Saw, I'd bet there are more in that list).

The Sawneeks vote picked up easily because Crab was so trusted. I didn't trust him entirely on D3, and honestly wanted to vote Zipped out. Crab stated he'd refuse to change his vote so I decided "fuck it I'll change mine."

I think Crab may possibly have been seen by Sawneeks on N1 or N2. I'm not ignoring the possibility of Sawneeks and Czar being Despair. Otherwise, Crab did not pass Sawneeks but just truly thought she might have been Despair based on her posting style. He did somewhat explain his choice. We just have no idea if that was the real reason.

As for Tim wanting to die, I've considered this. He did start with his gallows talk when he only had 3 votes. I even pointed that out and asked "wtf are you doing?" However, I personally want to view it as a ploy. Crab did the same stunt on D2 (when he voted for himself) and it won a lot of people over. Sadly, in Czar's case it did not work. Czar's D3 stunt would have been entirely more devastating had he survived. We'd still have trusted him. He could possibly push D4 discussion about mechanics. And he could do at least one more night kill for Despair before being caught in a lie (of being a one shot PR). And even then he maybe could have spun it as "oh I lied about being one shot cop because I didnt want Despair to kill me. I can actually use it many times. X player is also Hope!" and possibly lived longer. Then he could have saved his real ability for later in the game when it would be even more devastating.

Despair would gain far more by Czartim having not been majority vote yesterday than they did by him being majority vote. Unless Despair is trolling because they don't think they can lose.

*Splinter

The latter is not a counter-argument I'm going to buy into anymore. This is a complex game. Some Despair will not fit the pattern. Czartim is actually a good example of that. But some will. Some inevitably will have to, because Despair cannot afford all of its members to make bad Despair plays in favor of making good Town plays. There are going to be members of Despair who voted for Crab on D2, because Despair almost certainly wanted Crab eliminated. Sure, I expect a few to have voted for Kgtrep to create distance. There are going to be members of Despair who voted for Czartim yesterday as well. But given how powerful Czartim's ability is to Despair, I'm entirely positive that at least SOME members of Despair will have tried their damnedest (even if only using votes) to keep Czar alive on D3.
Finally. Haven't we been saying this since D2 (if not D1) with regards to Crab? This paragraph is the level of thought I've been begging everyone to put in since the start of the game. However you've slightly misunderstood my points.

1) "You were similar." I was not implying this cast doubt on you, I was pointing out that you have agreed with me on pretty much everything I've posted, and to now suspect me just because I was wrong seems... illogical.

2) "Despair wouldn't be so obvious." This wasn't even a defense for myself. I was pointing out that you were letting a large number of people off the hook for no good reason. Sure I could be Despair for voting this way, any set of votes "could" be Despair at this point. That's my point. Yesterday you were suspicious of Zipped, one vote later and you trust him for the rest of the game? Everyone is tactical with their votes, it's the reasons given for votes that I'm more interested in.

And there's been a whole lot of no-good-reason voting in this game...

Swamped

Banned
Also, Terrabyte - what leads you to think that Despair would have gone past Ty4on? How do you know what direction Despair took N3? You seem to be making a lot of assumptions (unless I've totally misunderstood your point XD)

Finally. Haven't we been saying this since D2 (if not D1) with regards to Crab? This paragraph is the level of thought I've been begging everyone to put in since the start of the game. However you've slightly misunderstood my points.

1) "You were similar." I was not implying this cast doubt on you, I was pointing out that you have agreed with me on pretty much everything I've posted, and to now suspect me just because I was wrong seems... illogical.

2) "Despair wouldn't be so obvious." This wasn't even a defense for myself. I was pointing out that you were letting a large number of people off the hook for no good reason. Sure I could be Despair for voting this way, any set of votes "could" be Despair at this point. That's my point. Yesterday you were suspicious of Zipped, one vote later and you trust him for the rest of the game? Everyone is tactical with their votes, it's the reasons given for votes that I'm more interested in.

And there's been a whole lot of no-good-reason voting in this game...

1) We were similar-ish, though as you said I was/am a flip flopper. You seemed to change a lot less. I think that confidence could be interpreted as just confidence, or it could result from knowing your general plan because of being Despair. I don't think you intended to cast doubt on me by pointing out our similarities . I do think we had key differences though in our general behavior, and those key differences are what make me a bit suspicious. It is those key differences that lead me to suspecting you, not simply the fact that you were wrong.

And while it is possible that you were just wrong, the way you voted can certainly be viewed in a new light with the new info we have. In my mind, you're either a Hope who just got unlucky and fell into a Despair-seeming pattern, or you're actually Despair. Finding the members of Despair is risky business. While I've thrown around words like "confident"and "positive" in the end it is a gamble. I'm willing to gamble on you being Despair, because I simply see you as having the highest odds given the information I currently have to work with.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I actually don't follow this logic. Are you implying that Despair hides in that empty room or something? You've brought up the empty room before...

Also, Terrabyte - what leads you to think that Despair would have gone past Ty4on? How do you know what direction Despair took N3? You seem to be making a lot of assumptions (unless I've totally misunderstood your point XD)
Fine I'll just come out and say it:

I think there is a commuter who hides in the empty room at night every other day. Despair didn't kill last night which means one of three things:

1. Their killer was role blocked,

2. They didn't submit their kill, or

3. They targeted a commuter on his hidden day.

If there IS a commuter, he would be seen by Ty4on because the empty room is directly in front of his. If Ty4on saw the person AND someone else walked by that person's room, we would theoretically find whoever submitted the kill, which, admittedly, would probably just be Czar when you think about it.

Of course this is all based on assumptions (Comutter, no ninja, Ty4on and Pau are Hope, etc.) But it is a thought.

Makai

Fine I'll just come out and say it:

I think there is a commuter who hides in the empty room at night every other day. Despair didn't kill last night which means one of three things:

1. Their killer was role blocked,

2. They didn't submit their kill, or

3. They targeted a commuter on his hidden day.

If there IS a commuter, he would be seen by Ty4on because the empty room is directly in front of his. If Ty4on saw the person AND someone else walked by that person's room, we would theoretically find whoever submitted the kill, which, admittedly, would probably just be Czar when you think about it.

Of course this is all based on assumptions (Comutter, no ninja, Ty4on and Pau are Hope, etc.) But it is a thought.
Or...they missed. They targeted one of the four facilities and nobody was there. That's probably what happened based on Crab's flip.

CzarTim

ugh got me

I can confirm I am a member of the mafia.

sorry for throwing the game, but my honor is my honor.

Also Launch bribed us into killing the AC players first.

Hey guys, remember when kgtrep used his power and Czar said:

Overrides too. They are so fricken anti-town I dunno why people use them.

Man... what a freakin bread crumbing JERKFACE.

;_;

This must be how Frank made Czar feel.

ANWAY

So we can basically confirm that Czar killed Franconp and Salvapot. I saw him N1 and I think someone said they saw him N2? I really should have stuck with my gut that he was the killer instead of falling for the One-Shot cop thing. Sorry guys. And sorry Pau for outing you in the process, although I guess Czar saw you anyway. Guess it didn't help that we forced Ty4on into the open. :( sorry guys. I really fucked up.

I agree with those that said Czar has to go tonight. I don't think there IS a ninja (obviously I can't be 100% sure), since as we've seen the "passing in the hallway" thing doesn't necessarily prove who the killer is. Depending on what other Despair PRs remain, it might add someone new to the mix.

Hey AB not sure if you said this already or not, but where exactly did you go during N1? You claim you sleepwalk, so I assume you head to a random area of the map. Do you know the location though?

CzarTim

The real bread crumb was here. Governor is misspelled lol

So the other day my ma’s on the phone with a cop because my sister bit a doctor. They wanted us to watch ‘er more closely or else they’d jail ‘er. It’s such a weird thing to happen in our ordinary town, and she’s such an innocent child. Pa’s got two jobs; bodyguard at the motion detector factory and a miller at the Governar’s farm. The bus driver says Pa’s his favorite commuter even though Pa’s a paranoid gun owner – open carries everywhere he goes. My brother is a soldier; a lightning rod, like that Guster song goes, but he’ll return home. A true survivor.

Hey AB not sure if you said this already or not, but where exactly did you go during N1? You claim you sleepwalk, so I assume you head to a random area of the map. Do you know the location though?

I did. N1 I walked straight into Fran's room. I don't do anything when I get there.

Top Bottom